Karmic Binds

(A/N: What a sad pic but I wanted to represent what Xiao was going through in this chapter)

Returning to Wangshu Inn, they quietly return to Xiao's room. Over the next few hours was dedicated to taking care of Xiao. It had gotten dark and still no signs of waking up. "Why hasn't he woken up?". Zhongli too wanted to know that. "It seems that he's in the ocean of his mind". Lily sighs "Is there anything we could do?". He shakes his head. She sits on a chair next to his bedside. "Mother, what do you think?". Her mother reappears. She looks at Xiao and then to Lily. 'If you're willing. Enter his mind child'. He furrows his brow. "That's too dangerous Guizhong!".

Guizhong looks at him and smiles. "If you say so...". Lily summons her Goddess Form and places her hand on Xiao's forehead. "Wait!". Lily enters his mind. A vast darkness greeted her. Finding Xiao was her top priority. "Xiao!". Her voice echoed into the void. She summons a light sphere and tries to find him. It feels like she walked aimlessly until shards of memories greet her. Visions of Xiao's memories dance around her. What stood out to her the most was memories of what seemed to be his family. Four blurry figures were always with Xiao. 'They must be the other Yaksha's Mother was talking about' she thought.

More greeted her. They were fond memories until ones tainted with Karmic Debt came. Xiao was seen serving another master, the God of Dreams. He was forced to kill, consume dreams, and slaughter countless humans. Xiao began to suffer under this God's wrath causing Lily to sob.

Endless battles, endless slaughtering continued to come. Lily wept continuously. Not for her but for Xiao. This was just wrong! Using an innocent child for the God's own game?! How cruel of them! His torment pursued until a Golden light shined in the karmic shards. Lily stops crying and embraces the light.

Zhongli or Rex Lapis at the time finds Xiao. "You are free Alatus; Anemo Yaksha". Xiao, who was much younger, grabs Morax's hand. "You are free from the chains of the God of Dreams". Little Xiao looks up to him. "Alatus, will you make a contract with me?". Xiao nods "I-I will my Lord". Morax smiles "From now on you'll be Xiao". Xiao stands up and leaves with Morax. The memory ends as a small golden string formed. It points north as Lily follows it. After some walking around, she's met with an Inner Xiao. He was tethered by karmic colored bindings. "Xiao?".

(A/N: Bold words are Karmic Echos)

Dark voices then echo around them. "Suffer!". "Why did I have to die?!". "Killer!". They continue as Lily furrows her brow. "It wasn't his fault!". The voices seem to take form as they swarm around her. "He killed my family!". "He must suffer just like we did!". "He deserves it!". The tethers around Xiao tighten as he starts to cry. "Haha! Alatus this is what you deserved". A much darker voice comes. It makes its presence known as a dark creature. Its long claws tighten around Xiao's neck. "Succumb Alatus!". Lily grits her teeth. "Shut up!". The dark figure laughs "Hahaha! This boy doesn't deserve freedom!".

Now Lily was furious at the figure. "You tormented him! You did this to him!". The figure burst out laughing again and smirks deviously. "This boy is ONLY a tool!". Xiao shutters at the voice's comment. "No, he's not!!". Tears rolled down her face. "You think a mere half-God could stop me?!". Lily pauses in place. Wait, she is able to! 

She wipes her tears and glares at the figure. "Thank you for reminding me what I am!". She clenches her fist as a golden flash surrounds her body. Her Goddess form envelops her as the figure shutters. "As per the Ancient Contract; I, Liliana shall protect Adeptus Xiao!".

Its smirk quickly frowns. It knew all too well what the power of an Ancient Contract could do. "Damn you!!!". It tries to strike Lily as a shield blocks its attack. She then takes on a similar grin. "I feel sorry for you! You'll no longer haunt Xiao!". Golden swords strike the figure's body. "Arrgh!". It turns to dust along with the others. 

Lily then rushes to Xiao's side putting her hand on one of the tethers. It lights up as the rest dissipates. Xiao falls into Lily's embrace. "Xiao?". He slowly opens his eyes and looks at her. "Lady Guizhong?". She shakes her head. "It's Lily". He widens his eyes and quickly sits up.

Her appearance was just like Guizhong. "You look just like Lady Guizhong". She glances at her appearance and giggles "I guess". He sighs "Thank you for saving me...Lily". Her cheeks flush red. This was the first time he called her by her name. "H-How are you know?". 

Xiao looks at her. "I'm much better. Thank you for ending that". She smiles and grabs his hand. "You're welcome. Now we're even". He tilts his head. What did she mean by that? He was about to ask when her body suddenly turns into golden particles. Her body was getting ready to return. 

Looking at her hand disappearing she sighs. "It's about time for me to return". She summons a Glaze Lily and hands it to him. "A small gift to you". She disappears as he grabs the flower. It lights up as the dark void turns into a vast field of green. 

Xiao gasps as light enters the place shining directly on him. He smiles and lays down on the soft bed of grass. "Thank you". He closes his eyes and finally after several millennia sleeps peacefully. Lily returns to her body and opens her eyes. A heavy wave of nausea hits her as she loses balance.

Someone catches her before she falls to the ground. "Careful". Looking at her 'savior' she widens her eyes. It was Xiao! "Xiao...". He slowly nods his head as she closes her eyes. He props her up and is greeted by Zhongli. "Xiao you're awake". He nods to him. "It's all thanks to Lily". He raises his brow in surprise. 'What did she do?' he thought. He noticed Lily passed out on him and softly sighs. "She must have exhausted her body. Come let's get her to bed". Xiao nods again and follows Zhongli to her room. Xiao places her on the bed covering her with a blanket. They quietly leave to let her rest.

A/N: This pic I wanted to represent when Lily lit up his Inner World

A/N: This pic I wanted to represent when Lily lit up his Inner World. A vast field of lush green with the sun shining. He is surrounded by his favorite flower. What a cute and positive pic to brighten the mood from the beginning to the middle of the chapter. Xiao is happy and relieved that his Karmic Debt isn't tormenting him. (I wish in game Xiao could have the same relief)     

A/N: Wow what a big chapter! lol! It's long because it wasn't worth it to split this up into 2 chapters. It wouldn't make any sense to do that. The next chapter will have my normal length. 

See you soon! 

-Aria