Painful Memories

(A/N: Before you read; there are mentions of suicidal thoughts in this chapter. If you are sensitive to that, please don't read. Feel free to skip this chapter if it bothers you.  If you have suicidal thoughts of any kind, please immediately seek help. It's not scary at all. They'll help you get through this! Also, the Suicide Hotline is 988. They are on call 24/7. It's not bad to seek help at all.)

After what felt like forever, Lily finally woke up after two days. The festival was coming to an end with her wanting to stay around the Inn. Her body was still feeling the effects of her mother's spirit taking her over. It didn't bother her in the slightest. 

Her Mother had a good time at the Festival with Zhongli. She was with Xiao at their usual spot. He was worried about her and insisted that she stay in bed, but she protested. He just instead watched over her. "Lily, tell me if you need anything". She quietly nods.

This was another first for him. Lily was special after all. Verr walks up with some food and gives a dish to the both of them. They thank her and proceed to eat quietly. It's like something was bothering her. He found her awake in sweat. 

Xiao didn't want to pry but something was bothering her. Little did he know that she had a nightmare. It was something that affected her to keep quiet about. What was it? Xiao wanted to know, and he will.

Before she had awoken, Lily had a terrible dream. First it started out good but quickly turned ugly. A massive monster from the depths of Liyue awoke and decimated Liyue. Everything and Everyone she came to know was wiped out in a blink of an eye. 

She had no power to stop and inevitably wasn't able to save Xiao. The one thing that she promised her mother to do. That nightmare made her remember something she didn't want to, A Death.

After the Archon War ended many tragedies occurred. Thousands died to have a peaceful life, but some weren't so lucky. Lily's father was affected by the War. A fatal wound on his chest from protecting Lily caused his premature death. At his very last moments he told Lily of her Mother's origins. "Dad?". 

He looks up at her coughing. "I-I love you...always...Liliana". With his last strength he pulls her into a hug. "My...Lovely...Daughter...". Silence fell as Lily wailed. Her father had died. "Ahhh!". Her crying could be heard throughout the village.

She had then proceeded to bury her father next to their favorite tree in the outskirts of the village. Those in the village whom she came to know all perished or left. She had no one. Maybe going to where her mother was is her best option. Lily packed her things and left for Liyue. It took her a total of two years to get there. 

Lily had eventually learned of her mother's passing. Both of her parents had died. What more was there for her? Depression set in as she finally found her mother's grave. A large tree with a Gravestone met her. It was like when she buried her father. A Gravestone with the name "Guizhong" was written on it.

More words were written at the bottom, but she couldn't read the language. It was foreign to her. Lily sat next to it and contemplated why she was given life to begin with. "Should I just die?". Tears fell from her face. "Dad, I miss you. Maybe I should just end my life...". Before she could hurt herself a bright light blinded her. 

It also dissolved the blade in her hand. 'Do you really mean that?'. A ghostly figure emerged from the ray of light. It frightens her. 'Answer me, child. Do you mean what you said?'. Lily was confused.

What did the figure mean? "What do you mean?". 'Do you truly wish to die?'. Lily lowers her head. "Heh, so you heard what I said". 'I did'. Lily laughs as more tears fall. "My Mother and Father are both dead! What more can I do if I have no more family?!". The figure fell silent. "There's no point in living anymore". The figure approaches her and embraces her in a hug. 'I'm right here, child'. Her eyes widened. "You're my Mother?". 

The figure nods. 'I'm sorry that I couldn't find you sooner. Please forgive me'. Lily had yet again cried so much. After that she made a Contract with her mother's spirit to become her vessel in exchange for what's to come. This Binding Contract will shed light on Lily's future.  

A/N: Hi! This chapter is one of the darkest times for Lily. Please don't take Lily's actions or words to heart. Please seek help if you have any of these thoughts. She saw her own father die in front of her. That has an effect on someone. I too know the impact of a loved one dying. It has a big impact on you. 

Other than that; I wish everyone a good week. 

See you soon! 

-Aria