Day of Slumber

Surprisingly, Lily slept for two days. It was no surprise to her after all she needed time to fully regain her power. Lily woke up to the smell of food from downstairs. She groggily walked downstairs and asked for a plate. Smiley Yanxiao gave her a meal. She said an incoherent "Thank you" and quickly ate the food. 

She hadn't eaten in a while. Lily walks up to the Balcony to start training as usual but is met with Ganyu, Aether, and Xiao. Confused stares met as they all made eye contact. "Um, Good Morning?". They weren't expecting her to have awoken by now.

That battle took a toll on everyone, especially Lily. "Good morning". Xiao broke the awkward silence. "How is everyone?". Of course, Lily wasn't worried about herself. "Good" said Aether, who was standing next to Xiao. "I'm fine" A usual Xiao response. 

Lily looked towards Ganyu. "I'm fine as well". Ok something's off. She could feel it. "So, a weird question. Why's everyone here?". That puzzled her the most. Ganyu was always busy with work and Aether had adventurer stuff to do.

It's not that she didn't want them to be here, it's just that it's usually her and Xiao. More company is always appreciated in Lily's book. The others exchanged glances as she waited a response. Aether crossed his arms. "Well, we're here because of you". 

Lily blinks a couple of times. 'What did I do?' she thought. "Did I do something wrong?". Xiao and Ganyu shake their heads. Xiao walked towards her. "You did nothing wrong". She smiles at him. Since she didn't do anything wrong, why are they really here?

Aether begins the discussion of why they were here. "Those who fought in the battle with Osial together experienced a Day of Slumber". Lily was confused by that. What's wrong with that? Ganyu was the next to speak. "After we woke up, we experienced a 'boost' to our power". 

Ok, she's even more confused. What's this got to do with her? "Ok? What's that got to do with me?". Xiao crosses his arms. "This all stemmed from your power, Lily. The Traveler knows your identity".

Lily's eyes widened as she felt frightened. The others could tell this. "Don't worry Lily, your secret is safe with me". That didn't seem to calm her nerves. "How did you find out?". 'Xiao or Ganyu probably told him' she thought. Aether scratched his cheek. "Well, I kind of saw your transformation after we all fell". 

If he saw it, then who else? "Don't worry no one else saw". Lily looked up to Xiao. Silence fell between them until a faint voice broke it. Intriguing'. Guizhong appears behind Lily. Aether notices this as she startles him who almost lost his footing.

Ganyu and Xiao see Guizhong and bow to her. Lily, who didn't see Aether's reaction, draws her attention to her mother. "Mother how are you?". 'Perfectly Fine. How are you?'. "I'm good". Lily seemed unfazed by what happened. Guizhong looks up at the three of them. 'I presume that the Traveler can see and hear me'. Aether nods to her. 

Lily widens her eyes. "How? Aether has no connection to you". Guizhong pats her head. 'Those not from this world are an exception'. Everyone gasped at the news. "Aether's not from this world?!" yelled Lily.

Her yell startled the others. Lily stared directly at Aether. He looks away to avoid eye contact. 'Yes, his aura is that of the stars. Nothing I've ever encountered'. Now Ganyu and Xiao were staring at him. 'Do not worry Xiao. The Traveler has no ill intent on this world'. Xiao directs his gaze towards Guizhong. "If you say so, Lady Guizhong". 

He wouldn't worry about what Guizhong said. Ganyu remained silent, still in shock from the news. She didn't know how to react. "If I may, can I speak?". Everyone then looked at Aether. "May I ask that everyone keep it a secret?". They all silently nod. Lily on the other hand was baffled yet curious. 

A/N: Hi! How is Everyone? This "Day of Slumber" thing. Hm, I wonder what it could be. Lily's reaction to finding out Aether isn't from Teyvat is funny! She's always so curious! At least the aftermath of the battle wasn't that treacherous. I'm glad the gang is fine! Have a great week! 

See you soon! 

-Aria