A trip to visit a Loved One

She couldn't help but fall asleep again. This time she slept soundly. No nightmares in sight. It was a good break for her body after all those nightmares. Images of her younger years came to her as she slept. 

The time when she spent months in the mountains with her mother. Meeting Xiao and the others and seeing Aether and Paimon. Spending time with Ganyu and Yanfei. Talking with her mother about her younger years. Visiting Zhongli when he was off work and listening to his stories.

Xiao had fallen asleep as well due to consistently taking in nightmares. He hasn't done that in a very long while. No wonder he was exhausted. He needed that much needed rest. Xiao was the first to wake up. It was mid-afternoon once he woke up. 

He sat up in bed and was careful not to disturb Lily. She was still sound asleep with a calm expression. Xiao was happy to see a calm expression on her face. Not having a nightmare in sight was good for her restful mind and psyche. He lightly stroked her hair and waited for her to wake up.

These nightmares were a great concern for him. Xiao had glimpses of images of demons in her nightmares. He knows this was from the right after the Archon War, but the sight of the remnants of that God shook him. It felt like one of the many Gods' Xiao killed while under the control of the God of Dreams. 

It can't be he's at fault for killing her father. Can it? No, Lily's newfound power at the time caused remnants of God's and demons to come after her. It would kill Lily if she found out that it was her fault that her village was destroyed.

Lily slowly showed signs of beginning to wake up and Xiao was there to wait. She opens her eyes to see Xiao next to her. "Good Morning, Flower". Lily smiles and rubs her eyes. "Good Morning...". Lily sat up in bed still groggy from her sleep. "How do you feel?". 

Xiao was still concerned about her psyche. "Better, those nightmares were consistent". Xiao calmed his worried expression. "That's good...". He was interrupted by a growl from her stomach. Lily blushes as Xiao chuckles. "We should get something to eat".

They leave to get something to eat. During their meal Lily was lost in thought. It had been a very long while since a trip to her village. Coming to Liyue and everything kept her away. An urge to return came over her like a wave. A yearning to see her father's grave. 

Lily really wanted to return, but what about Xiao? He can't leave Liyue due to his contract and she didn't want to go alone. Even with Hisano and Guizhong she would still feel lonely. She wanted more company. Lily looks up at Xiao who was eating some Almond Tofu.

All she had to do was ask him. But she was hesitant and knew his answer. "Xiao...". He looks up at her. "May I ask you something?". He places his spoon down. "Yes, what is it?". Lily gulps and readies herself for his answer. "I was thinking of going on a trip to visit my old village. I know about your contract to protect Liyue, but would you like to accompany me?". Xiao pauses as Lily embraces for a "No, I can't" but never gets one. "I would love to my flower". Lily blinked a couple of times. That caught her off guard.

What about his contract? "Wait! What about your contract?". Xiao blinked a couple of times as well. Did he not tell her? "Rex Lapis dissolved our contract together, so I am free to do what I wish". That's news to her! Lily places her elbow to the table and crooks her eyebrow. "That's news to me my yaksha". He should've told her sooner, so she didn't need to get so worked up. "I apologize for not telling you". 

She shook her head. "Don't worry I'm not mad, just surprised". That's a relief to him. He needs to tell her things like this. "But before we leave, we should tell the others, or they'll get worried of our sudden disappearance". Xiao had a good point. "You're right. I didn't think about that". Now to think about what to say to Verr and her husband. 

A/N: Happy New Year! Happy 2023 Everyone! I hope everyone has a wonderful new year. As for this fanfic I have a lot planned. It's going to be exciting! 

Lily and Xiao are going on a trip to visit Lily's old village and see her father's grave. Something will greet them there. Is it bad or good? Who knows! 

See you soon! 

- Aria