New Beginnings

Many months after Xiao's Karmic Attack, everything had been peaceful. Xiao now resides in Wangshu Inn along with Lily, who became a permanent resident there. With Guizhong's help Lily was able to help her with her power. While Zhongli helps Xiao to regain his strength. 

The two were able to become strong enough for everyday Liyue. Even though Liyue is peaceful, monsters still roam the lands. During her training Lily was able to become proficient in the use of the sword. She of course only uses it for defense. A huge shock also came during this time too. Lily is able to ease Xiao's Karmic Debt.

Unbeknownst to the others; Lily already knew this. She won't tell anyone about the Contract she has. During this time Lily would have sessions with Xiao to help ease his Karmic Debt. Although every time he protests saying "This is my Burden alone. Only I should carry it". Lily would ignore him and do it anyway. 

She didn't want him to get burdened by his Karmic Debt again. What happened in his mind still haunted her. Lily didn't want that to happen again. She wanted him to have peace even though Xiao doesn't know peace. He only knows fighting and nothing else. She wants to change that.

Before they met, Lily only relied on her power. She didn't know how to wield a weapon or how to defend herself. She only used a small portion of it and ignored the other part. The side of her that is best wielded in battle. That part is from her father. He was a master of the sword and was proficient in it. Lily ignored that side of her for reasons she won't say.

 Xiao is adamant to keep training her because he heard the contract she had. Something to do with protecting him which ticks him off. He is very capable of looking out for himself. Lily is too weak to protect anyone let alone him.

Every time he tries to bring it up, she quickly changes the subject or avoids questions about it. Xiao just stopped asking much to her relief. It's not that she doesn't want to talk about it, it's that she can't. Part of the Contract after all. 

There are many things she wants to ask her mother about but is unable to. She too acts the same way Lily does. Avoiding questions about her father, why she won't talk about the past, and possibly why she kept her a secret from everyone. Maybe it's not the time for that.

After a long day of training in Guizhong's domain, her body growls in protest. "How long was I in there?". Her body was shaking. Even though she is a Half-God her body still requires sustenance. Lily gets up and heads down the stairs to greet the chef. "Hey!". The chef turns around with a frown on his face. "What?". 

She giggles "You really don't live up to your name; Smiley Yanxiao!". He rolls his eyes "Are you gonna order something or not?". She nods to him and orders two dishes. He finishes quickly and hands it to her. She waves at the Boss and walks to her favorite place of the Inn; the Balcony.

Once she got there, she looked around for Xiao. He was nowhere in sight. "Xiao!". No response. "Fine, I'll enjoy this lovely dish of Almond Tofu by myself!". A sudden wisp of wind blows next to her. A big grin comes on her as she sees Xiao eyeing the dish. "Here for you". He gently grabs the plate from her. They quietly eat together as the night stars greet them. Xiao had finished his plate first. Lily glanced at him a few times before he made eye contact with her. "What?" he said back in a harsh tone.