Rite of Welcoming

Several Days later, the Rite of Welcoming commenced. Liyue Harbor was decorated much like its Lantern Rite. Music sang through the streets as tourists flock the city. Food stalls speckled the sides of the streets with food delicacies. 

The Morning of the first day was the long-awaited announcement that everyone wanted to hear. Ninnguang personally gave the speech. "The arrival of the Legendary Yaksha has returned! Let us celebrate!" The crowd roared with someone familiar in the crowd.

Aether had returned from an unexpected trip from helping a fellow by the name of Xinqiu. He didn't know anything about the festival and was surprised by it. After Ninnguang said her speech, he was very confused. Who's the Legendary Yaksha? 

While in his thoughts Paimon kept nagging at him to grab a bite to eat. Was it that weird presence he felt at Wangshu Inn? He wasn't certain. "Come on Traveler! Paimon's hungry!". He giggles as her little stomach growls. "Ok, let's get something to eat". Paimon cheers out loud. "Yay!".

Both Xiao and Lily knew what would transpire if people came looking for him. Luckily, the Qixing didn't announce where he was or what he looked like. That relieved Lily so much, but her approach to those around the Inn is exasperating. 

She was very weary of new people coming to the Inn. Lily also didn't leave Xiao's side much to his displeasure. Even Verr noticed her approach to it. Verr and Huai'an were given special orders to look after the two. Lily kept her guard up and didn't give her any time to relax let alone eat.

She looked more suspicious than anyone else at the Inn. It was about time for someone to ask her to relax. A new group of people arrived at the Inn causing Lily to watch their every move. She watched them like a hawk observing their prey. 

Even Verr was starting to get annoyed. Verr goes to visit Lily who was looking down from the Inn's walkway. "Lily, what're you doing?". She didn't answer and kept staring. "Lily!". Verr was known for being calm and levelheaded but had tendencies to snap if concerned guests of the Inn.

Lily snapped out of her viewing and looked at Verr, who had a serious look on her face. Her arms were crossed and was glaring at her. Lily looks at her and gulps "Y-Yes?". Verr walks to her and lightly grabs her arm. She takes Lily to the Balcony to talk with her. "Lily, your actions are honorable, but are concerning at the same time". 

Lily scratches her cheek and gazes up where Xiao was. He remained silent as she spoke more. "You're scaring our guests. I understand your protectiveness for the Legendary Yaksha, but please calm down".

Wait. Does she know Xiao's true identity? Lily widens her eyes as Xiao appears next to them. "I agree with the Boss". Verr bows to him and returns to look at Lily. She knew?! "Please promise me that you won't constantly watch those who come in and out of the Inn until the Festival is over". 

She continues "I too am keeping an eye on those who come in and out of the Inn. Just observe them discreetly". After some seconds of thinking, Lily agrees to her request. "Thank you. I'll be returning now".

Silence falls as she turns her attention to Xiao. "She knows your identity?". He nods "Only her and the Innkeeper know. I trust them". This coming from the guy who said not to trust humans, and still gave his identity out to them. Lily sighs in defeat and plops down on the Balcony floor. "I guess I'll stay on the Balcony for now". 

Xiao sits next to her. "Your will to protect me is respectable. Thank you". He lightly patted her head as she blushed. Lily smiles and looks away. She'll do what Verr asked of her and watch 'suspicious' people from afar. 

A/N: Hello Everyone! Is everyone ready for the Sumeru Update? I am! I can't wait! The region and the music are so beautiful! 

The long-awaited festival has arrived. The Rite is to welcome Xiao back. I don't know if I like what I'm calling it. (Rite of Welcoming, sounds childish) Hopefully you guys like the name. It was the only thing that came to mind. But other than that, I hope everyone has a wonderful week. 

See you soon! 

-Aria