A gift for a Friend

After some more rest, Xiao finally wakes up. He could feel how worried she was when he woke up. "Flower, tell me what's bothering you". She looks at Xiao and tells him what happened earlier. "You want to ease her pain?". Lily nods "I do but don't know how". 

Xiao smiles and comforts her. "You'll think of something brilliant to help her". She nods and ponders on how. They have a little bit of time before they depart so it'll give her time to think. From what her mother said along with Hisano maybe that could work.

It was nearly time for their departure as Lily got her gift ready. She happened to pick it while helping Collei earlier. Though there were many, this one in particular gave off a glowing aura. With the help of Hisano and Guizhong the gift didn't take long. 

Before they departed Tighnari and Collei see them off. Lily walks up to Collei with a wrapped gift. "Here for you". Collei was a little hesitant but took the gift and unwrapped it. A Sumeru Rose Hair Pin greeted her. Collei didn't know what to say.

She yelled at her this morning and didn't know what to say. She wanted to apologize before the two departed but didn't expect a gift. As she picked it up, it gave off the same energy that Lily used to help with her pain. She couldn't help but lightly cry. "T-Thank you!". 

Collei embraces Lily in a hug. "Y-You're welcome!". Lily didn't see that coming. Collei sniffles a little and mustered up the courage to apologize. "I apologize for yelling at you this morning". Lily smiles "No need for apologizes".

Both smiled at each other. Collei thanked her one more time and returned to Tighnari's side. Lily did the same as well. Tighnari had some parting words. "Safe travels you two and remember to stay clear of any Withering Zones". Lily and Xiao both nod as they leave. 

This wasn't a permanent goodbye but more of a "See you later". Their travel commenced. The couple held hands as they walked through the forest. They took the longest route to avoid fighting. That was the last thing they wanted to do.

The only thing on Lily's mind was getting to her father's grave. It looked like she was the one leading the way, and even started pulling Xiao. Her grip stayed consistent and never turned ruff. She was rather frustrated. Not because of the sudden stop, but because she wanted to get there in time. 

Xiao sensed her frustration and stopped causing Lily to lose momentum. She was fast not to fall and turned to Xiao. "I understand your frustration, my love. We'll get there in due time". Lily sighs "You're right. I just...haven't been there in a while".

Because of the recent events, she wasn't able to visit last year. Lily had promised that she'll visit his grave every year but wasn't able to. That caused her to be depressed for a while. She doesn't like breaking promises. But around that time, she couldn't help it. 

Guizhong had helped her get through that. Her fidgeting didn't help out at all. It was her choice to go slow, but now that they were only a day away her nervousness came. 'What if someone messed with Dad's grave?' she thought.

That thought made her more anxious. The night came quickly as they continued to walk. It was clear to Xiao that she intended to get there tonight. That wasn't going to happen. She can wait one more night. Lily needed rest. Xiao tightens his grip and stops again. He didn't give Lily time to speak as he summoned his wings and flies to a safe place. 

He finds a safe place on top of a large hill and flies down. "What was that for?" asked Lily. "You need rest. We'll resume the trek in the morning". She huffs and gives in. "Alright". Lily went to sleep while Xiao watched. Neither of them were ready for what was to come. A reunion that was two and half millennia in the making. 

A/N: Did you guys see Guizhong? Oh my goodness she's gorgeous! That being said; since we know what she looks like now this story won't change. Due to this being made way before that video came out Guizhong's look in fanfic won't change. But man her outfit and everything was simply amazing. Next chapter will have lots of tears! 

See you soon! 

-Aria