Punishment?!

With the help from those around them, they were able to heal. But anxiety from them both finding out kept them from waking. Xiao wouldn't be able to take it. The nightmare was true. Xiao had hurt his sunshine and caused a wound on her. Learning the truth would most definitely lead to another attack. 

Accumulation of Karmic Debt was the main reason for this episode. From what they learned and how they took the news caused this. It wasn't their faults but those who kept it from them. Even if they did it for their own sakes it caused a negative reaction in return.

It was decided to have Lily wake up first. She needed time to regain her strength and to come to terms with what she did. A punishment was in order. What it entails they don't know yet. Madam Ping began the preparations to wake Lily. 

She had a row of various supplies ready for her. The time came to wake Lily. Madam Ping brews a pot of Waking Incense and places it on the table. Soon, Lily began to stir. She opens her groggy eyes and looks around. Madam Ping, Zhongli, and Guizhong all greeted her.

Out of guilt she looks away. What she did must've angered them. Madam Ping walks to her bedside. "How're you feeling child?". She didn't answer. 'Liliana, answer her'. Lily glances at them. "Hurt". Was it physical or emotional pain? "Here take these". 

Lily sits up with the help of Madam Ping. She takes the medicine and lays back down. Madam Ping leaves the room soon after. Lily returned to staring at the wall. 'Liliana...'. She ignored her. "I want to see Xiao". Zhongli shakes his head and gets into her view. "Not yet".

Lily furrows her brow and forces herself to sit up. "Why not? I need to cleanse his Karmic Debt". Zhongli sighs and sits down on her bed. "You cannot tell but your spirit is damaged. Doing anything of the sort will further damage it". Lily looks at her mother. "Is that true?". 

Guizhong nods 'As we speak, I am trying to heal your spirit'. She then turns to Zhongli. "I still want to see him". Lily pouts and crosses her arms. Zhongli lightly grins "Rest for now. Don't worry in due time you'll see him". He leaves the room after their talk.

Now it was only her and Guizhong. "Mother...". Guizhong stops her from speaking. 'Do you know how much grief you put me through?'. "No". Tears fell as she remembered Lily returning. Lily sees this and widens her eyes. "Mother, I...". '*Hic* I thought you almost died. I couldn't do anything!'. 

More tears fell as guilt chewed at Lily. Seeing her child almost die broke her heart. "Mother, I'm sorry. I don't know what I had put you through". For them Lily and Xiao were gone for a long time. In fact, two weeks passed while they were gone. And another two weeks of recovery on top of that.

Time will only tell if they'll heal. Lily gets up and wipes her mother's tears. "Mother, I truly apologize". Guizhong smiles at her. 'I thank you my flower'. Lily agapes her mouth. That was the nickname her father used for her. 'Now lay back down!'. That changed quickly. "Alright, Alright!". She lays back down on bed. 

Guizhong fiercely smiles at her. 'Now time for your punishment!'. Lily gasps as Guizhong holds out various medicine vials. 'You must drink all of these!'. Lily's mouth twitches at the sight of the numerous bottles. Then it set in what she said. "Wait, what?!".

It'll be some time until Xiao wakes up. The Karmic Episode took its toll on his body. The worry for another was very high. There is a chance Xiao may not be able to take another. He could end up just like the other Yakshas. Lily will inevitably do something stupid again for Xiao. 

A/N: Hi! Xiao doesn't wake up in this chapter due to everyone's anxiety. Look what you did to your mother Liliana! Poor Guizhong! (We'll see Xiao next Chapter)

See you soon! 

-Aria