Beginnings of Purities

A pure energy swirled within her as her body glowed. This power wasn't from Guizhong, but it felt familiar. Xiao's eyes widened as her eyes and hair turned a silver hue. Her clothes turned as well but not to her Goddess outfit. Something else entirely. 

A bright blue dress formed from her normal clothing with silver accents. The aura she was giving off felt oddly familiar. "All impurities shall be purified!". The power swirls around them as the Karmic Energy disappears. The minor wounds on Xiao healed as well.

Stunned, Xiao only stood there looking with awe at Lily. She spoke with such purity it even shook him. Once the Karmic Energy was purified the outfit dissipates. Lily loses balance and falls. Xiao catches her. "Lily, please be alright!". She groans and opens her eyes. "What happened?". Wait, she didn't know what happened? "You purified the Karmic Energy". Her expression turns perplexed. "I did what?". He sighs that she's fine, but they must get out of there if any other monsters show up.

Xiao tries to teleport to the Inn, but they end up near Liyue Harbor. He tries to teleport again, but nothing happens. Lily grew concerned as Xiao tried to use his powers. Nothing came; it was like his adeptal energy wasn't there. 

Xiao grew increasingly concerned. "Something's wrong...". Lily stops him from freaking out. "It's alright my love". Xiao gulps and lightly grabs her hand. "We should find Zhongli". Xiao only nodded. That meant that they needed to go into Liyue Harbor. He wasn't looking forward to that.

Lily and Xiao enter the harbor. People eyed them as they walked by. Xiao had Lily's hood on and was hanging on her like a little puppy. They stood out like a sore thumb. Lily led the way trying to find Zhongli. This purifying ability and Xiao's own power, something is going on. Maybe Zhongli had some answers. 

Lily tightened her hold on Xiao's hand as they went further into the city. If her hunch was correct Zhongli would be at his usual spot. "Xiao, hang on a little longer" she whispered to him. He silently nodded as they continued enough.

Her hunch was very much correct. Zhongli was sitting at his usual spot. Though he wasn't alone. Lily gulps and walks to him. "Um, Mr. Zhongli...". Zhongli turns his head to see his guests. He sees Lily and notices Xiao as well. 

He wanted to laugh but he kept his composure. "Oh, Lily, how are you?". The person next to him looks at him strangely. "Zhongli, who's this?". He turns his attention to them. "This is Liliana...My, um relative". They look at her weirdly. "Aw, that's nice! I'm Hu Tao by the way". Lily could only nod to her.

They needed to change the subject before this situation got out of hand. Xiao grips Lily's back harder, indicating he was getting uncomfortable. "Mr. Zhongli, I'd like to ask if you could help my friend. He needs some help...". He nods fast and gets up. "Well, Director Hu, I'll see you later!". 

She waves as they hurriedly find a quiet place to speak. Lily signals to Xiao that it's safe to come out. He takes her hood off and lightly bows to Zhongli. "Is everything alright, you two?". Lily looks at Xiao and then to Zhongli. "Xiao's adeptal energy has been purified".

He becomes awestruck. "What do you mean?". One's adeptal energy couldn't possibly be completely purified. So, what happened? Zhongli suggests that they go to his house to see what's wrong. The three of them arrive and settle in. "Xiao, over here". Xiao sits down in front of Zhongli as he places his hands on his back. 

He pulses geo into Xiao's back resulting in a groan. Zhongli was looking for Xiao's adeptal energy. He lightly gasps as it is almost completely gone. Xiao's power stemmed from the monsters and dreams he consumed. But that negative power was almost gone. Xiao turns his head to him. "My Lord, what's wrong?". 

A/N: Hi! I have some explaining to do! In this fanfic Xiao's adeptal energy comes from the demons and monsters he kills (Also the dreams he consumed). (I know that's not how Xiao's power works. I changed a little on that) Lily basically purified that power. It stunned his power where he was unable to utilize it. Next chapter will be a cute little break before the more serious chapters come. (Xiao will be getting a surprise in a few chapters; a hint it was taken from him)

Below is Lily's new outfit! I wanted to show you guys earlier! The outfit will be called her "Adeptus Form"!  (I got the image off of the internet; All rights go to the artist) (Instead of the seashells it has Glaze Lily's attached to it) 

See you soon! 

-Aria