Emotional Comfort

(Please see the notes at the end of this)

Heading to the balcony, Zhongli wanted to talk. "How're you feeling?". Xiao gives him a puzzled look, how was he feeling? After all the information he got he doesn't know how to respond. "I..don't know". He felt conflicted and at the same time, somehow calm. Xiao dives into his thoughts without releasing it. His family that he'd known for so long was gone. 

Modern Day Liyue was now peaceful. Those he'd come to know had passed. Was it grief or anger he was feeling? Human emotion is such a pain. Zhongli shakes him out of his thoughts. "Xiao...". They make eye contact. "You don't seem alright".

Furrowing his brow out of frustration he grits his teeth. "I don't know what I feel!". Xiao balls his fist. "Those who I came to know have all perished!". Tears threaten to fall as he continues. "I just found out that I'm the last Living Yaksha! How am I supposed to act?!". Now tears fell, shocking Zhongli. "There's no need for me to live anymore. I just...". 

Xiao is stopped when Zhongli pulls him into a hug. Xiao, who is confused, gasps at the action. "Don't ever say that Xiao!". He breathes in suddenly "You don't deserve to die!". Xiao widens his eyes in bewilderment. Lily had said a similar thing.

He then yet again amazed Zhongli when he embraced the hug. Xiao buries his face in Zhongli's shoulder. "I'm sorry...hic". He shocks himself that he was crying. One of the various emotions he wasn't fond of. "Hic..hic". Zhongli tightened his grip a little. "It's ok, Xiao...I'm here". Xiao cries even more as Zhongli comforts him. It wasn't like him to cry at all. 

But who could blame him? Those he was fond of, those he considered allies, those who were his family were gone. How could someone who only knows how to kill react to such information? Crying for the first time was Xiao's way of conveying the huge loss of the others.

After giving him some time to calm down, Zhongli releases him. Xiao had puffy eyes at the end of that. "How do you feel now?". Xiao rubs his eyes. "Better...". Zhongli smiles "Good...you should go back to your room to rest". Xiao nods and leaves. He returns to his room to get some rest even though 'Adepti don't sleep' thing he needs time to process everything. 

The next day greets everyone as they wake up. Xiao was the first one to wake up. He went to check up on Lily. he knocked at the door and waited for a response. "Come in". Xiao opens the door and finds Lily still in bed. He closes the door then walks to her. "Are you alright?".

She nods. She stretches her arms. "I'm still tired". He hums "It's expected". Lily raises her brow. "What do you mean about that?". He crosses his arms. "A half-God's body will get tired more easily". Oh, he was right about that. "Mother and I talked while I was asleep". 

He sits down on her bed. "About what?". Lily gazes out the window. "There's going to be a person from afar that will change Liyue". Xiao furrows his brow. "Is this person a threat?". She lightly shrugs her shoulders. "I don't know. I woke up before I could ask". Xiao sighs and offers her his hand. "Come on". She smiles and takes his hand.

The future will be turbulent when a Traveler comes from Monstadt. Will they be able to handle it? How will Lily and Xiao take a new change to Liyue? These answers will be answered. This traveler will also shed some light one Lily's past as well as the Ancient Contract she has. 

End of Part 1 

A/N: Hi Everyone! I have decided to break this up into Parts. Since I am going out of town this week, I am unable to publish chapters until Friday or Saturday. I deeply apologize about this. Before Part 2 is out I plan on doing an A/N Part 3; it'll give more details on Part 2 and more about Lily. Part 2 will have a lot more chapters. 

I hope everyone has a great week and see you all soon! 

-Aria