Be careful what you wish For

After the bewildered news from Guizhong, everyone then focused on what caused the Day of Slumber. It had stemmed from Lily. Was it part of her power? The only similarity was the same effect when Lily used her power on Xiao. Though he would wake up afterwards. 

Guizhong also felt that her power had increased. Something negative for their Contract. It was a little detail that she looked over. Something that as a parent she'll regret. Lily, who was still confused by the whole ordeal, came up with an 'unique' experiment.

Lily walks over to Xiao and examines him. "What're you doing?". Lily gives him a big grin "An experiment". Before he could react, Lily placed her hand on his forehead. They both immediately fall to the ground, puzzling Ganyu and Aether. 

A small faint giggle drew their attention to Guizhong. 'Do not worry. They are perfectly fine'. Lily awakens in an unusual place. Next to her was Xiao who was still unconscious. This wasn't Xiao's inner world; it was completely different. It felt familiar; was it hers?

The darkness surrounding them dissipated as a serene coast greeted them. The beach that she knew as a child greeted her. Sudden unpleasant memories flooded back to her as she grasped onto Xiao, causing him to wake up. He quickly woke up to find Lily in a daze. "Lily?". 

His voice echoed in her mind. A second later she regained her senses. She turned her head towards him. "Xiao?". He made a faint sigh of relief. She didn't go into an episode like she did that one time. Where are they exactly?

The pair looks around for a while until Xiao asks, "Where are we?". Lily glances at the water. "If I had to guess we're in my Inner World". Xiao becomes appalled. Her Inner World must reflect herself. It was more beautiful than his. "We should try to return". 

Lily stands up and pats the sand off her dress. She didn't want to be here any longer. She didn't want to recall any more memories. The sooner they get out the better for them both. There was a lot she wanted and didn't need Xiao to find out.

Xiao also stands up. He was intrigued by the serene and peaceful place this was. His curiosity shines as he slowly walks around. Lily notices this and grabs his arm. "Where're you going?". His Golden eyes shot her a glance. "I-I want to look around". 

He's greeted by an intense glare from her. "I highly recommend you don't do that". Golden eyes meet Golden eyes as his hue shines with curiosity. "I wish to know more about you".

A door suddenly appears in front of them as though it appeared to Xiao's request. He quickly goes and opens it as it seems to teleport them somewhere. Opening their eyes, they're met with a seaside town. A small gasp came out of Lily. This was the same town she grew up in. 

Xiao begins to walk around as though some force was pulling him. Lily had no choice but to tag along. They walked through the quiet town. He kept quiet and kept glancing around. It's like he was looking for something.

Distant voices echo as Xiao follows it. At the center of the town was a big bonfire with the town's residents around it. Xiao spots a young Lily in the crowd. He then walked towards her and sat down. Lily crossed her arms and sat next to him. The townspeople began to cheer as someone who looked like herself came back with a bounty. "Liliana! Daddy's home!". 

Young Lily stands up and shakes her little arms in the air. "Daddy you're back!". She runs up to the man and hugs him. "I'm so glad to see you!". It seems like he came back from a hunt. Xiao, who kept staring at the man, noticed his resemblance to Lily. This man is indeed her father.  

A/N: Hi! How is Everyone? Ooh! More info on Lily's backstory! (The next chapter will have more as well) I wonder how Xiao will take it. As you can probably tell, Lily doesn't like her past being revealed. For her, the past is sorrowful to her. But as always, it'll get better. 

I hope everyone has a great weekend! 

See you soon! 

-Aria