Lover's Bond

After the Meeting with the Traveler ended, Night fell around the Inn. Lily returned to her room. She had free time tomorrow and wanted to visit Liyue Harbor. Verr encouraged her to go and said that she'll look after Xiao. She took up the offer and planned to visit the Harbor. The next day she packed a small bag and left for Liyue Harbor. 

Lily took the long way and finally arrived at the Harbor. The festival was still going on and took the time to enjoy herself. She visited some food stalls and ate some delicacies. She then saw a play and lastly enjoyed playing games.

Lily enjoyed herself and was about to return when someone called her name. "Lily". She turns around and sees Zhongli walking towards her. "Hi, Zhongli!". He smiles at her. They found a bench and sat together. "Having fun?". She nods "Yes! If only Xiao could've come with me". 

Zhongli hums "He doesn't like Big Crowds. He won't have come anyway". Lily sighs a little "I know". 'If only Mother could enjoy some time with Zhongli' she thought. 'I can'. Guizhong suddenly appears before them. "Mother!". "Guizhong". She smiles at them.

Did her mother read her mind? 'I am able to my child'. Yep, she definitely heard her thoughts just now. Zhongli tilts his head a little. "Do what?". Lily blushes a little. "I wanted to know if Mother could spend some time with you, but she's only a spirit". 

From what her mother said she is able to. Zhongli was happy at Lily's thoughtfulness. "How can you?". Lily was curious. 'It's an unorthodox method really'. Lily's eyes brighten like a little child. "Tell me!". 'I am able to temporarily take control of your body, but...'.

A pause. What does that mean? "Go on". Guizhong sighs 'It'll drain you of your energy'. Lily didn't seem to mind if her mother would have a fun time. "It's fine, Mother. I want you to enjoy some time with Zhongli". 

Guizhong smiles and quickly enters Lily's body as she stumbles forward. Zhongli catches her and notices her body slightly glowing. Lily's outfit changed into a short blue dress with a Glaze Lily in her hair. Guizhong opens her Sky-Blue eyes and looks at Zhongli. "My Love?". Zhongli gives her a warm smile. "Hello, My Love".

Guizhong took some time getting used to moving around and was finally able to walk. It's been thousands of years since she had a physical body. She's truly grateful to Lily. Zhongli helps her by letting her lean on him as they walk the streets of Liyue Harbor. 

The Harbor has changed a lot since she last saw it. Guizhong was amazed by the liveliness of the city. It's much different than during the Archon War. She couldn't help but smile. Guizhong, who was now able to walk on her own runs ahead. Something was going on that caught her eye.

She goes to where a large crowd was, almost making Zhongli lose her. "Gui, wait up!". Guizhong waves him over as something was about to start. "Zhongli! Over here!". He finds her and looks up at the sky. Fireworks blasted through the sky making Guizhong look with awe. 

They both smile and grab hands as they enjoy the Fireworks. After the spectacle was done, they enjoyed a small meal together while reminiscing about the past. They were careful to not let anyone hear them.

Before they were done, Zhongli gave Guizhong a decorated Glaze Lily as a present for her. Guizhong was overjoyed with the gift and embraced him in a hug. In a quiet part of Liyue Guizhong returns control of Lily's body as she stumbles over. Zhongli catches her and teleports to the Inn. He's met with a frantic Xiao. "My Lord is she alright?". He nods "She is. Let's get her to bed". 

They take her to bed to let her rest, and quietly leave the room. The two talked for a bit before Zhongli had to leave. Unbeknownst, to everyone something was stirring in the deep. The fatui was also active around the Golden House. 

A/N: Hi Guys! How are you all? Busy with Sumeru? I sure am! 

This chapter is mainly about Guizhong and Zhongli having fun. Aw! They're so cute together!

See you soon!

-Aria