Hidden Instinct

Both were having trouble. Xiao forced his wings to move, and Lily couldn't control her power. Guidance is needed to succeed but they need to give it time. Something both of them hate. Xiao's desire to fly again overtook him. It caused a strain on his back. 

He felt helpless, unable to do anything. Lily wanted to help Xiao and not properly listening to Hisano or Guizhong could be harmful. Both need to retrain. Xiao with his wings and the power he gained. Lily with her new power. Patience is the key to this.

Lily's training was put to a halt when she strains her power. She drops her weapon and falls to the ground. Guizhong runs over to her. "Liliana are you alright?!". She nods and sighs. "This is too much for me". Hisano walks over to them. "Giving up already?". 

Her tone was harsh. "Hisano!". Guizhong looked towards her friend. "This is what I was talking about Gui. You're coddling her". In many ways Guizhong has been overprotective since Lily had gotten hurt. "Is it wrong for me to be worried for my child?".

She was right about that. Hisano shakes her head "No, but the way you're taking this is too childish". Lily understood why her mother was like that. She could've died and left her alone. Guizhong is acting that way for a reason. 

Lily's been neglecting her power since she woke up. She put a limiter on her when she saw her mother's face. 'This is all my fault' thought Lily. "Mom, Hisano's right. You're acting this way because you're worried that I might injure myself again". Guizhong sighs "Yes, you're right".

It's reasonable for her to worry for her child, but to an extent. Lily is her own person. She can look out for herself. Since she put a limiter on her power maybe she could break it. Lily shakes her head and stands up. "Hisano, let's continue". 

Lily looks back at her mother. "Mom, I'll be careful". Hisano smiles and summons her catalyst again. "Let us commence where we left off". Lily felt a wave of determination wash over her. Something inside of her shattered. The limiter she placed on her broke.

Her power strengthens inside of her as she channels her power into her sword. Lily's eyes turned a sliver-blue hue as she struck Hisano. "Yes, that's it. Keep it up!". Her desire to protect her loved ones strengthened her attack. Lily strikes Hisano with her sword and slices her arm. 

Lily immediately stops and dissipates her weapon. "Hisano, I am so sorry!". Hisano chuckles at Lily's expression. "There's no need to be sorry. It'll heal on its own". She had forgotten that Hisano was a God. "Yeah, you're right".

Xiao's progress wasn't going well either. His stubbornness caused his back muscles to strain. "Conqueror of Demons, one suggests that one rests". His wings were too heavy to move anymore. "I'm fine Cloud Retainer". Xiao reluctantly took a break while Cloud Retainer watched over him. 

He couldn't help but recall some memories. A memory of his first illuminated beast transformation. It was very vague, but he could still feel the wind on his wings and flying through the air. Xiao yearned for that. Could he ever fly again?

Lily had finished and returned. She's been in there for a while. Lily closed her eyes and stretched. The gentle breeze was nice. It calmed her. "Who are you?". But the calmness was short lived when a figure startled her. "Ahhhh!!!". Her scream was heard by Xiao and Cloud Retainer. "Lily!". The instinct to protect overtook Xiao as his wings flew him to the direction of Lily's scream. 

Xiao swoops down and grabs Lily. His spear was directed at a woman. "How dare you scare my mate!". Lily reddens as he said that. 'M-Mate?!' she thought. The woman backs away as Cloud Retainer flies to them. "Conqueror of Demons! This one is friendly". Xiao glared at Cloud Retainer with a fierce glare. That instinct was still kicking in. 

A/N: Hi! Xiao finally uses his wings! Ahem...Xiao is finally starting to properly love Lily in his own way. Him calling her a "Mate" is his primordial side. This side of him will often be seen. Xiao may have some bird tendencies down the road as well. (He is a bird after all) 

See you soon! 

-Aria