Divine Battle Part 2

It hurled straight for them. The attack breaks the platform. Lily tried to escape but her power dispersed. Her Goddess Form disappears as she falls. 'Liliana!'. That was the first time her mother called her by her name. Tears fell as she braced for the plunge. 

She closed her eyes. "Mother...". Xiao teleports between rubble and grabs Lily. They both make their way onto the Jade Chamber. She was surprised by her rescue and that she still had her Goddess Form on. Her identity was safe. "Be careful now". Lily nods at Xiao, who was holding onto her.

Cloud Retainer comes forward "The Guizhong Ballista is destroyed...Without its covering fire, retaliation shall be difficult". Ganyu looks at the crowd. "But the Jade Chamber is our last line of defense! We can't give another inch...no matter what...". 

What seemed to now be a hopeless battle was given a solution. Ninnguang appears before everyone. "I have..another idea". Ganyu looks at her "What do you mean, Lady Ninnguang?". Ninnguang looks towards the God. "I'll sacrifice the Jade Chamber".

Everyone was shocked. "What is the meaning of this?" Cloud Retainer questioned. The group excluding Lily all nod. "I understand" Xiao summons his mask. "Traveler, lend me your hand". Everyone gathered around Aether as they once again imbued him with power. 

Even Guizhong helped. Aether first glows Anemo then to Geo and strikes the Jade Chamber. Xiao and the other Adepti help by teleporting everyone to safety. Paimon broke the silence. "Is it...finally over?". The other's chime in. "Yes, child." said Madame Ping.

With some more talking from the Qixing and the Adepti, Lily stayed out of it. She was starting to feel the effects of her power. She stumbles a little with Xiao catching her. A few citizens of the city approached them. They thanked the group and honored their battle. 

A few more speeches later everyone started to leave. Xiao looks at Lily. "Let us return". Everyone swiftly leaves and returns to whence they came. Xiao and Lily return to the Inn. Lily disperses her outfit and lets her body take a breather.

From the entire ordeal her body was exhausted. Xiao, too, was worn out. "Lily, you should get some rest". She nods but doesn't move. "Um, Xiao...". He stood next to her. "Yes?". She takes a breath in and tells him. "I, um, can't move". Xiao sighs and picks her up bridal-style. "Woah!". 

They make eye contact with Lily blushing. Xiao helps her to her room, and into bed. "You must be exhausted". She nods at him. "That battle took a lot out of me". He gave her a faint smile and patted her head. "You did great. Now get some rest".

Xiao leaves shortly after. Lily was a blushing mess after he left. She plops down on her pillow covering her face. "Ugh! What am I thinking about?!". She kicked her legs back in protest to her thoughts. "What is this feeling?". 

Lily couldn't really make out what she was feeling. Her mind was still racing from the battle. Her body soon succumbed to her fatigue and slowly went to sleep. The battle took a toll on everyone. Adequate rest is needed.

Unbeknownst to everyone who fought, Lily's power had affected them. Her healing potency grew in that battle, making everyone sleep for an entire day. That wasn't something bad, it just caught everyone off guard. Those who knew of Lily's identity knew why but others didn't. 

Ninnguang and Keqing were the most confused about it. They wanted to know but no leads came up. Their only conclusion was the mysterious person Xiao knows. They do not dare to ask any further, not wanting to upset the Adeptus. 

A/N: Hi Everyone! How are you? Hope everyone is enjoying Sumeru! As always, Good Luck on future Pulls! 

Hee-hee! Lily stole Aether's moment! Oh My! What's that about the end? Is Lily's power growing? Hm, I don't know? We'll have to wait and see! 

See you soon! 

-Aria