✎ ᴄʜ 33 : 𝙲𝚛𝚎𝚎𝚙𝚎𝚍 𝚘𝚞𝚝

Taehyung shook his head trying to yeet away the images of the statues they'd come across in that passage minutes before. He cautiously followed Jimin into room lit by candles.

Candles that stood on skulls.

Horrified, Taehyung stepped towards it to take a closer look and shuddered.

"Please tell me these aren't real."

"I could use a real one. How about you give me yours?" A voice whispered in his ears.

Startled, he turned his head and his eyes met the ebony ones of a pale stranger. A creepy smile stretched across the male's face.

Taehyung screamed like his life depended on it, which caused Jimin to jump almost a foot in the air.

"The fuck is the matter–" Jimin began but stopped short when he saw the reason behind Taehyung's freak out.

Jimin crossed his arms and tapped his foot as he glared at the male.

"What? He looked like a hen in a lion's den. I couldn't resist playing a little. That look on his face was priceless," the older male laughed, "Jokes aside, it's good to see you again, Jimin."

Taehyung's eyes widened as Jimin engulfed the older male in a hug.

"It's great to see you too, Yoongi."

"Wait. He knows?"

"Knows what?" Jimin asked, "and would you get off the floor now?"

"He called you Jimin and nope, I feel much safer on the floor so I'm going to stay right here till my legs feel less wobbly," Taehyung replied.

"You might want to rethink that," Yoongi said nonchalantly as he moved towards the book shelves and dragged his finger across the book spines.

"What do you mean?" Taehyung asked, eyes wide before he looked around.

A doll that resembled something straight out from a horror movie stared back at him.

"Holy fuck!" Taehyung yelped and yeeted himself off the floor and into Jimin's arms.

Jimin sighed, "You are such a scaredy-cat. In answer to your question, I told Yoongi everything about us swapping bodies when I gave him a call. So yep, he knows."

"Okay."

"Okay, now would you retract the claws please?" Jimin asked as he winced at the feel of Taehyung's nails digging into his skin, "and get off me."

"Right. Right."

Slowly and cautiously, Taehyung got to his feet but stuck close to Jimin.

"Aha! Here it is," Yoongi exclaimed and pulled a book free from the shelf while Taehyung glared at the weird doll on the floor.

"That book looks way bigger than the ones we came across in the library," Jimin said.

"Of course it is. More than a thousand spells, curses, counterspells. It has it all," Yoongi explained, excitedly.

"How many cases of body swapping have you solved till now?" Taehyung asked and shifted his gaze from the doll to Yoongi.

"None. You guys are the first."

Taehyung's eyes flew wide.

"So, you mean to tell us we are the first? So the spells you are about to recite, or ask us to recite, aren't tried and tested?"

"Nope, you two will be my lab rats for today," Yoongi smirked, a mischievous glint in his eyes.

"How. . .reassuring," Taehyung squeaked out.

"Calm down, Tae. Yoongi knows what he is doing. Just let him do his job and stop freaking out, will you?"

"How do you expect me to not freak out? We are literally in a place that looks like a scene straight from a fucking horror movie with a man that resembles a ghost," Taehyung whisper-yelled to his soulmate.

"You do realise your whispering isn't really whispering and I can hear you, right?" Yoongi asked as he flipped through the pages of the book.

"It was for you to hear!" Taehyung snapped.

"Calm down, Tae!"

"How the fuck–"

"Tace!" Yoongi ordered with a wave of his hand.

"Douuuwacmmssm."

Taehyung blinked.

"Did you just–" Jimin began as he turned towards Yoongi.

"Ordered him to shut up? Glued his lips together? Yes. Amazing spell, isn't it?"

Taehyung mortified expression caused Jimin to burst into a fit of giggles.

- 12 July, 2022 -