✎ ᴄʜ 38 : 𝙻𝚘𝚜𝚝 𝚑𝚘𝚙𝚎

"Jimin, are you awake?" Taehyung whispered.

The lamp flickered on and Jimin stared at the younger with an incredulous look.

"What was with all that ruckus I heard?"

"I fell off the bed."

"How did you-"

"My foot slipped okay?"

"You are as clumsy as a baby."

"I could say the same for you with the amount of times you've fallen from chairs."

"Hey! That is between me and the chair. Don't talk about it."

Taehyung raised his brow.

"Somehow that sounded much better in my head."

"You should have left it there," Taehyung commented with a sigh before he took a seat next to Jimin, "Your master plan failed, Mimi. So now what? What do we do? How do we swap back?"

Jimin shifted his gaze to his lap and bit his lip.

"I don't know. I really believed Yoongi could help us."

"Aren't there any other people of the same profession you might know of or we could contact?"

"I told you if Yoongi can't do it, no one else can."

"That's bullshit! There's got to someone else who knows how to help us. Yoongi said so himself that this was his first case of body swapping."

Jimin looked up at Taehyung, his eyes devoid of any hope and the younger was taken aback by it. He'd never seen that look in Jimin's eyes before and he wished he never did.

Heartbreaking would be an understatement for it.

"I lied, okay? There's nothing such as a supernatural doctor but Yoongi's family has this long history with witchcraft. Summoning demons and reversing curses is what they've always been good at. It's in their blood. So I don't know. I really don't know who else could help us. It's not like we can just go and knock at someone's door and ask them if they perform witchcraft or something."

By the end of his rant, Jimin had tears in his eyes.

"And I miss Jungkook even though he is in the same apartment as us. I miss his hugs and kisses. I miss it."

Taehyung's heart clenched painfully and he leaned forward to engulf the older in a hug.

"Jimin–"

"This is it, Tae. We're going to be stuck like this forever. I'm stuck in your body and you will be stuck in my tiny dick one," Jimin sniffled.

Taehyung blinked.

"Okay, you are crying so I assume now isn't the best time to celebrate the fact that you called your own dick tiny. Damn, we should have had a bet on this. I could have won a good amount."

Jimin glared at the younger through tear-filled eyes.

Taehyung raised his hands in surrender at the death glare.

"Sorry. I use humour to lighten up the mood as a defense mechanism but I don't think that's working so, I'mma drop it."

"Thank you," Jimin huffed.

Taehyung knelt before Jimin and gently thumbed away the tears that rolled down his cheeks.

"Let's not lose hope till we've tried every trick possible."

"Tae, we've tried everything. Accept it, buddy. There's no hope left. This is it."

Without another word, Jimin laid back on the bed and pulled the blanket over himself. Taehyung stood there, unsure what to say. He could feel his own hope fade away.

Was this truly it?

Would they be stuck like this till the end of time?

- 12 July, 2022 -