✎ ᴄʜ 37 : 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚘𝚝-𝚜𝚘-𝚐𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚝 𝚎𝚜𝚌𝚊𝚙𝚎

Taehyung pretended to be asleep when Jungkook walked in the room. He let out fake snores to emphasize it. He felt the bed dip and strong arms wrap around him.

He felt light kisses pressed to the back of his neck and shivered slightly at the touch. He longed to turn around in the other's arm and lock lips with him but he knew he couldn't.

Jungkook wasn't his.

And would never be his.

He stayed that way for what felt like ages before Jungkook's soft snores filled the room, indicating the younger had fallen asleep.

Now came the hard part.

Getting out of Jungkook's hold without waking him up.

Taehyung glared up at the ceiling as though cursing his fate. He decided it was time to test the waters and gave his hips a slight wiggle. Then he froze and waited.

Jungkook seemed unbothered by the movement and continued to snore.

Taehyung let out a little sigh of relief and slowly, very slowly, rolled onto his tummy. Like a caterpillar on reverse, he squirmed.

Inch by inch.

Cautious not to wake the sleeping Jungkook.

Using his ass to drag himself further till only his head was left to escape Jungkook's arm. Jungkook shifted slightly in his sleep and Taehyung's eyes went wide. He cried out a silent prayer begging whichever God heard him to keep the younger sleeping.

He let out a soft sigh of pure relief when Jungkook began to snore again.

Wiggle wiggle.

Shuffle shuffle.

Almost there.

Almost.

Another inch.

Wiggle wiggle.

Aha!

He gave a silent whoop of joy and threw his fist in the air. He made a move to get off the bed and–

His foot slipped which caused him to crash to the ground with a loud THUD.

He cursed himself as Jungkook awoke with a start.

"Jimin? Are you okay?"

"I'm great," Taehyung squeaked in a high-pitched voice.

Jungkook slid off the bed and helped Taehyung to his feet.

"What were you doing out of bed?"

"Pee."

"What?"

"Pee. Susu. I mean, washroom. I need to go. Bad. Very bad," Taehyung blabbered.

Jungkook blinked.

"Oh. Well, go but be careful. Don't fall again."

"Yep, got it!"

Taehyung scrambled out of the room, humiliated.

His cheeks burned and he was thankful the room was dark and Jungkook didn't see the look on his face. The escape he'd planned in his head and the escape he just had, was like expectation versus reality video that popped up on his YouTube feed.

He pushed that thought away and sneakily slipped in his room that Jimin now occupied.

- 12 July, 2022 -