✎ ᴄʜ 40 : 𝙳𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚏𝚕𝚒𝚛𝚝 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝙹𝚒𝚖𝚒𝚗'𝚜 𝚖𝚊𝚗

"Taehyung."

Jimin heard a voice call out and turned his head in it's direction to see Namjoon seated at a table with Jin beside him, waving his hand to attract his attention. Jimin walked towards them and took a seat.

"What took you so long?" Jin asked.

"Traffic," Jimin mumbled with a slight pout.

"Well, that's fine. Your date hasn't arrived yet either," Namjoon blurted out.

"Date? What date?" Jimin asked as he looked from Namjoon to Seokjin.

Namjoon gave the man a guilty smile as Seokjin threw him a glare.

"You just had to say it, didn't you?"

"Would someone care to enlighten me right now?"

Seokjin sighed.

"We thought it would be best for you to, you know, move on and find someone else. We genuinely care about you, Tae. And we can't see you hurting like this over, you know. Just meet this girl. She's smart, and fun, and sexy."

Jimin stared at Seokjin as though he'd grown two heads.

"Taehyung dated and broke up with someone and didn't tell me about it?" he screeched.

Namjoon and Jin exchanged a puzzled look and Jimin bit his tongue. He was Taehyung. What the heck was he doing?

"What are you talking about? You've never dated anyone."

Wait what?

Then what did they mean by Taehyung had to move on?

"I mean, I- Haha, yeah, I know but-"

"Hello," a voice greeted and Jimin found himself staring at a brunette. Her hourglass figure was drapped in a black bodycon dress. She tucked her hair behind her ear as she flashed the three of them a smile and took a seat beside Jimin.

This was Taehyung's date?

Okay, she was pretty but of course, he'd never admit that. No way in fucking hell.

"Mi Sun, it's so great to see you," Jin greeted as he politely shook her hand.

"It's so good to see you too. Both of you."

"Mi Sun, this is Kim Taehyung. He's the most hardworking person I know and of course, the best friend one could ask for. Taehyung, this is Mi Sun. She worked as an intern in our company for a year," Namjoon introduced.

"Hello, Taehyung-ssi," she flashed him a flirty smile and Jimin faked a smile as he shook hands with her.

He turned his attention back to Namjoon.

"And why did you think it would be a good idea to set us up on a date?"

"Your profiles match. Your likes and dislikes. Your personalities and your clumsy nature," Namjoon chuckled.

Mi Sun blushed and shifted her gaze to the table before she slowly looked up at Taehyung.

Jimin blinked. For some reason he just couldn't digest it. Taehyung and Mi Sun. Yeah, right. As if that would happen on his watch.

"Okay. Namjoon, did you know that the like poles of a magnet repel each other?"

Seokjin's eyes widened and he fixed Jimin with a stare as though silently begging him to shut up.

Namjoon stared at him, unsure what to say but Mi Sun beat him to it.

"I'm sorry but what do you mean by that?"

"I thought you said she was smart," Jimin exclaimed as he raised a brow at Namjoon.

"Taehyung," the older warned.

"Excuse me?" cried Mi Sun

"You are excused. You may leave," Jimin smirked and leaned back in his seat.

"What?"

"Are you deaf?"

"No I am not!" Mi Sun cried indignantly.

"Then why make me repeat what I said."

"Why are you being mean?"

"Oh honey. I'm just being realistic," Jimin smiled, "Bye bye now."

Mi Sun huffed and stood from her seat before she stormed away.

"What the fuck was that?" Seokjin cried as he fixed Jimin with an 'are you for real right now' stare.

"Taehyung, what-"

"I didn't like her, okay?" Jimin shrugged.

"Well then you could have found a way to let her down slowly," Seokjin cried as if it was the most obvious thing to do.

"We thought she was perfect for you," Namjoon explained.

"Would you two stop quoting lyrics from songs?" Jimin huffed.

"What lyrics?" Seokjin asked.

"Which songs?" Namjoon asked with a frown.

"Let me down slowly? Perfect?"

"I didn't quote perfect by Ed Sheeran."

"By one direction," Jimin corrected.

"How did I- Oh, okay."

"Why the hell are you guys even discusssing songs right now?" Seokjin squawked.

"He started it," Namjoon cried and pointed a finger at Jimin.

"Me? You guys were the ones who quoted it," Jimin huffed.

"I don't care who started it, I am ending it!" Jin growled.

Jimin bit his lips. He should have thought this through but instead he acted on impulse. He gulped as Jin fixed him with a death glare.

- 13 July, 2022 -