✎ ᴄʜ 23 : 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚘𝚜

"Oh gosh! Oh gosh, oh gosh!' Taehyung chanted, his eyes wide.

"Hey, hey. Relax, buddy. Listen to me–" Jimin tried to console him.

"This is not happening. This is so not happening. I can't do it. I can't do this."

"Hey, breathe. It's alright."

"I can't d-do this. I just c-can't. We have to switch b-back," Taehyung cried shakily.

"Breathe, Tae. Breathe."

"I am breathing, you fucker! If I wasn't, I'd be dead by now," the younger snapped and Jimin pinched the bridge of his nose to suppress the urge to do some major damage to the younger's balls by kicking the man hard in the middle.

"Would you fucking relax?" Jimin crossed his arms and glared at his soulmate.

"How the fuck do you expect me to relax? You've literally got a dance competition to be at in the next hour or so and you never mentioned so before!" Taehyung growled, "I don't dance. I can't dance! How the fuck do you expect me to participate in o-"

Jimin slapped a hand against Taehyung's mouth, "Shut the fuck up and listen to me, you dickhead. You started blabbering without even allowing me to complete my damn statement. I'm not a participant. I'm a judge for it and so is Hobi-hyung."

Slowly, he pulled his hand away and Taehyung mouth formed an 'o' shape as he finally understood.

"The fuck– You made me panic for no fucking reason. Why didn't you say that before?"

"I did try, bitch. But your steam engine began running and didn't give me a chance to," Jimin cried in defense.

Taehyung sighed and rubbed his face in frustration, "Okay, okay. My bad."

"Just try to throw in a compliment and a one line advice after the participants perform, yeah? You'll be fine. So, relax."

"Yeah, I got it."

"Cool. Now tell me about your schedule for the day," Jimin said as he sat at the table.

"I've got a meeting in the afternoon and after that– Do you remember Namjoon and his husband, Jin?" Taehyung asked and Jimin nodded in response, "Well, I've got to out for dinner with them later tonight."

Jimin nodded. "Alright, anything else?"

"Yeah, there will be a couple of files on my office table. Just make sure to stamp them before you dump them on Namjoon's table," Taehyung finished.

"Alright-y! You have fun with Jungkook tonight then. Maybe order dinner and have a movie night? Or just go hit a bar later tonight and get wasted. Both sound good. Although, I'd pick the latter."

"Of course you would," Taehyung answered with a roll of his eyes, "I'll head out now."

Jimin waved goodbye as the other grabbed Jimin's car keys from the stand and exited.

He downed his cup of coffee just as a groggy Jungkook walked into the kitchen.

"Good morning," he greeted, his cheeks a light shade of pink as his eyes fell on Jimin's bare chest.

The older smiled and chuckled at how adorable his boyfriend looked. He unconsciously moved closer to Jungkook and leaned in to press a kiss to the younger's lips.

Jungkook froze like a deer caught in headlights and Jimin did too when realisation struck him hard.

He was in Taehyung's body.

Abort, abort, abort!

How could he though when his lips were literally an inch away from Jungkook's?

He remained in the awkward position for a few seconds as he tried to think of something, anything really, to explain himself. He then quickly pecked the younger's nose and laughed.

"I was practising my seduction skills and you seemed like a good dummy for me to practice on," Jimin answered with a laugh and turned towards the sink with an exaggerated crying face.

You did not just say that, Jimin. Please tell me you did not just say what I think you said.

"Uh okay," Jungkook said slowly as he tried to calm his racing heart.

Having Taehyung's lips just inches away from his own had caused his heart to perform a thousand tricks in a millisecond that Jungkook was sure it had mastered those that circus animals were trained at.

"Yeah. Okay. Good talk. Haha. So, I've got to run. Catch you later, Kookie."

Jungkook watched the older retreat and blinked.

What just happened? 

- 4 July, 2022 -