✎ ᴄʜ 35 : 𝙹𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚊 𝚏𝚞𝚌𝚔 𝚞𝚙?

Taehyung kicked a pebble out of his way and sat under a tree. The cool breeze caused goosebumps to decorate the skin of his arms. He felt miserable. Not because Yoongi had scolded him but because of the memories that came uninvited along with it. He pulled his knees up to his chest.

The way he always did when he was younger and had to console himself for he knew his parents never would. He chuckled bitterly at the thought of them and felt tears spring into his eyes.

All he ever was to them was a waste of space; a major fuck up. Some days he believed them. Right then, he did.

He'd messed up like he always did. He was the problem as usual. A walking catastrophe.

It was why he held himself back when it came to Jimin and Jungkook. He couldn't hurt his soulmate. He just couldn't. He didn't want to be the reason behind Jimin's sorrow. He didn't want to be a reason behind his tears.

If that meant he had to push his feelings aside, so be it. If it meant he had to pretend to be okay everytime they shared moments together, then so be it. If it meant he had to walk away from them and never look back so that they would be happy, he'd willingly walk away no matter how much it hurt him.

A tear trickled down his cheek. That was what he planned to do. The minute they swapped back, he'd leave. Make up an excuse and walk away so that Jungkook could get over those feelings he had for him. So that, for once, he wouldn't be the fuck up he always was.

He heard footsteps get closer and blinked back tears that threatened to fall.

Pretend to be okay or no one will stick by you. Put a smile on your face or no one will speak to you.

"Don't you even think of telling me you are alright because I know you aren't," Jimin said as Taehyung opened his mouth to speak.

Taehyung just shifted his gaze back to his hands and Jimin took a seat beside him.

"Tae, it's okay. I'm sorry Yoongi scolded you. Knowing you, you're probably blaming yourself for it right now. So stop."

"I always mess up," Taehyung whispered and Jimin almost didn't hear it.

Almost.

"You don't. Mistakes happen. We're only human. I don't blame you for what you did back there. I'd have reacted the exact same way. Although I wouldn't compare the demon with the size of my dick."

Taehyung chuckled and wiped away a stray tear. His thoughts were stabbing him from within but he refused to voice them to Jimin, afraid to be a burden. He smiled and hugged the older.

Jimin rubbed small circles onto his back. He had to resist the urge to pepper kisses all over the younger's face too afraid to scare him, or worse, disgust him.

He just held him tight and allowed the younger to calm down in his arms. They stayed that way for a few minutes before Taehyung broke the hug.

"Are you alright?" Jimin asked, concern evident in his voice.

"I'll be alright. Let's just figure out a good solution as soon as possible, yeah?"

"Yep, we will," Jimin assured and ruffled the younger's hair.

Taehyung ignored the little somersault his heart performed at the touch and allowed Jimin to help him to his feet.

- 12 July, 2022 -