✎ ᴄʜ 41 : 𝙲𝚊𝚝'𝚜 𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚊𝚐

Jimin expected Seokjin to scold him but instead the older's expression softened.

"Taehyungie, we're sorry. Maybe we should have given you a heads up before we set you up on a double date with us. We kind of expected this reaction from you but that doesn't mean it is acceptable. She is a nice person, you know."

Jimin lowered his gaze to his hands in his lap.

"I'm sorry," he mumbled.

"Tae, we were just worried about you. We know how much it hurts you to live under the same roof as them and watch them share moments together," Namjoon begun, "We know how painful it is to crave the love of one person who might never reciprocate that love for you in the way you want them to."

Jimin raised his gaze to meet Namjoon's. His heart begun to thump against his chest as he took in the words the other spoke.

What did Namjoon mean?

What were the talking about?

"We know you love Jimin but we can't just sit here and watch you hurt yourself like this. It kills us to see you like this and we need you to move on so–" Seokjin trailed off as Jimin shot up from his seat, his eyes as wide as saucers.

"Tae–I mean, I love Jimin? Love love Jimin?"

Namjoon and Jin exchanged a glance.

"Are you alright, bud? Take a seat."

"No! Just answer my question," Jimin almost shouted.

"That's what you've told us yourself. You came crying to us, beating yourself up for falling in love with him even after you were aware he loved Jungkook. It's been over a year now and you still feel the same for–"

"Over a year?" Jimin almost screeched.

Namjoon gripped his arm to pull him down but Jimin pulled his arm away.

"No, that's– I have to go. I need to leave."

"But Tae–" Namjoon tried to call the other back as Jimin begun to walk away.

The younger paid no heed to their calls and jogged out of the restaurant. Tears stung his eyes as he got into a cab and quickly gave him directions.

- 13 July, 2022 -