Hugs and laughs

"Lisa! " I called her name out as soon as I reached her house.

"Angelina, I am here, did you get food?" I could hear her voice from upstairs. I rushed immediately to upstairs.

My heart constrained when I looked at my helpless friend lying on the bed.There were broken pieces of glass everywhere on the carpet, popcorn,empty chips packets, beer bottles, it was so messy.

"Watch your step" she said trying to getup from bed.

" oh my!, what a mess Lisa, why did you allow that bastard into the house? I warned you many times" I said placing the sandwich in her hands.

She couldn't speak much but took the sandwich  and ate all of it in one go!, I felt so bad that I couldn't get her some good food, only sandwiches were available in school canteen.

"Are you okay?" I said giving her some water.

"This is the first time ever he assaulted me physically, I can't believe myself... we broke up forever " she covered her face in her palms and cried bitterly.

Seeing my best friend crying so badly, I couldn't control mine too, I hugged her immediately and let her cry in my arms for a while.

"Its okay, if you are still hungry, we can go out and have some more food"

"No!, I am full, thanks, by the way didn't you go to cafe today?"

" No!, I had to pay ..... Angelina's trip's money at school" I said swallowing hard, I know the questions she is going to ask me now.

Lisa adjusted her hair and tied it into a small ponytail , I was awaiting for her anger.

As expected she looked angrily at me "where did you get so much money from?"

I can't lie to my best friend, without hesitating I told her all the truth, how I slapped Rebecca, the way she insulted me and how shamelessly I sold all the jewellery.

Lisa's mouth dropped to ground listening to my story.

"So much happened in last one week and you didn't bother to call me, so you sold your wedding jewellery just to send your idiotic daughter to attend a science fair?"

"It's an international event Lisa, how can I not send her?, moreover she was insulting me badly ,  I couldn't take it all, so I sold ...Jack's memories " this time it was my turn to cry, I  burst out before her as I was hiding all this emotional lava from past one week.

Lisa let me cry too because she can clearly understand my situation, we silently cried for some more time, once our hearts felt light we hugged each other once more and cleared our tears.

"Lina , you will not judge me for my actions and I will not judge yours, we are best friends and we shall remain forever" she looked at the wall clock "what time does George come home?"

"4pm, there's plenty of time , let's clean up the house and order some food" I said giving her a big smile and she laughed out in return.

We carefully picked up all the broken glass from the floor, vacuumed and made sure everything was clean and nice.Lisa owns this house and as far as I know she keeps her house very clean and fresh.

"What do you want to have for lunch?, pizza or rice?" She said picking up her phone to order food.

"Hmm, how about Chinese?, some chicken spring rolls, noodles and fried rice"

"All chicken?"
"No!, may be mixed with prawns and lamb?"

"Yes, so I ordered chicken spring rolls, lamb noodles and prawns fried rice" my mouth watered when she read out the menu.

"Go and take a bath, you will feel fresh, I shall wait in the living area" I said throwing a fresh towel at Lisa's face.

"Sure Mommy"

I went into the living, I knew the food wouldn't arrive in time and Lisa!, she takes very long tome to wash her body ...

I am not much of a social media person so I switched on the TV to pass the time.

"Shooting in USA school and church has created chaos, the president of United states of America has condemned this act"

"Floods have destroyed property all over the country"

These were the only news scrolling on all news channels, frustrated I hit the remote twice on my forehead and threw in on sofa.

I switched it off finally and looked at my phone.

Suddenly I remembered David.

What in the world!, where dod he disappear?

The moment those photographs were out, he didn't even turn up!, no messages no calls,of course if I call him now, he would definitely act as an stranger, all wealthy people are same isn't it?.

I came into reality when the door bell rang, as soon as I opened the door, the aroma of chicken spring rolls attacked my nostrils.

"Thank you for delivering the food so fast" I thanked the delivery boy. I arranged the table so that when Lisa comes back we can start having it.

"Wow!, I can smell it to upstairs Lina, did the food arrive " Lisa squealed looking at the food.

I felt delighted to look at her fresh, beautiful face.

"Lisa!, you look fresh and happy now, smile always like this, you look cute" I said hugging her.

"I don't know what would have happened to me if you didn't bring that food in time Lina, now after few hours you would leave anyway and I would be left all alone, I am sometimes scared and worried about myself " she said fighting back her tears.

"Hey! No crying again, I have some suggestion for you, no force only if you like it" I said having a bite of my favourite chicken spring roll .

"Don't ask me to come to your home please, I can't bear tantrums of your idiotic daughter"

"Nothing doing, Rebecca would leave next week anyway, so we wouldn't have much trouble, you can stay with us until she comes back, you will have a change too"

"Fine, I don't think I can sleep alone here, I will come with you, let me pack my things"

We later talked for a while and once we were full we looked at each other.

"I will come in fifteen minutes" she got up to pack her bag.

"Sure we need to be home by 4 , I shall pack the leftovers for George to enjoy" I said packing up the leftover food.