I won't miss

Angelina POV

"Oh come on Lina, what's wrong with you?" Lisa dropped me at cafe this morning. She felt bored working every day so she took a sick leave today.
She is angry with me since morning as I was in my own world , not answering to her questions properly.

"Nothing Lisa, please I am really sorry but I don't want to discuss anything now" I said cleaning some chicken.

"That's okay, let's eat something before customers come in" she said serving some hot pancakes in my plate.

We both sat on a table and ate our food silently.After having about three pan cakes each, we felt a lot better.

A positive sign for the first time since last night!.

"I am happy that Rebecca accepted to stay home and take care of George, she is slowly getting matured isn't it?" Lisa said licking off all the cream from her plate.

"Oh stop licking ,I hate it, if you want some more go and get it" I said making an awkward face.

"Okay momma, stop it , You cannot talk to me like that for god's sake, you are becoming rude day by day, thanks to your stupid children " she said rolling her eyes.

"Don't call my children stupid, you know Rebecca came first in international science competition" I said swallowing hard.

Lisa looked at me for a long time, I couldn't stop the hot tears flowing over my cheeks, it was mine and Jack's dream come true!.

"Oh my!, that's a great news Lina,congratulations" Lisa's face glowed with happiness " but why are you crying now?"

"Lisa, Rebecca is the only one who got selected from our country to attend the annual science festival which is going to be conducted in New York!, and for her to travel she needs around ten thousand dollars" I said swallowing the tears.

"Oh my god!, that's too much" she said dropping her fork, it's the first sign from her, making me understand that she cannot help me in this regards.

"Yeah, last night when she said this to me I couldn't say anything to her in a negative way, you know she will be really disappointed if I say I do not have that much money"

"Oh Lina!, please do not worry about that , we shall try some way or the other, when is the last day to pay?"

I sighed a little "there's one more month, I cannot take help from her school too, because they have already waved her fee from past two years because she excelled in all her subjects"

"True!, don't worry, we'll definitely get help, there are many wealthy people, we can approach them through social media and raise funds for Reb, for the moment please compose yourself and get ready for the job today, please go and fix your makeup, I shall take in the orders"

I felt as if a huge bag of sorrow was removed from my chest after talking to Lisa. I smiled at her and rushed to the rest room to fix my makeup. I couldn't sleep last night at all.The first thing that really bothered me whole night was that I had to cut David's call abruptly as soon as Reb was inside the room.

He is a busy man, he doesn't have any necessity to attend to my messages in first place, I behaved really rude. I should tell him sorry straight away. I looked at the watch, it's 8'o clock in the morning, the most busiest time in the cafe for me. I can't disturb him too, So I decided to just text him.

I searched for my mobile phone in my big handbag for about five minutes, after sweating for a minute I found it and texted him in a hurry because I didn't want Lisa to catch me texting to a man.

"I am really sorry for last night, I shouldn't have cut the call like that, Rebecca needed to discuss with me something very urgent and I had to talk to her, sorry once again"

I sent the message and blinked at the screen for a second!. I was so surprised to see the three dots jumping, he was replying to me immediately.

"No sorries between friends Angel I gotta attend a meeting in 2 minutes, hoping to talk to you soon👍🏻"

"Sure, thanks again" I replied.

I felt so happy looking at his reply that I completely forgot about the work.

"Angelina!, come here straight away!" Lisa yelled at me looking at the huge number of customers entering the cafe.

I couldn't stop smiling and rushed to the counter at once.There were too many customers in today , but because Lisa was here I didn't feel that tired.Moreover David's immediate response to my message in the morning made me really happy.

I am not sure what kind of feelings are these, but I have definitely gone through this phase earlier, still it looks like a new beginning, a kind of new love blossoming in my heart. I am hundred percent sure he considers me as any other woman in the country, but I must admit I am attracted to him!

Yes I am attracted to David.That's for sure, because my brain currently is idle, my friends may wonder ,haven't I met any other man after my husband's death, but my children were much younger that time, they needed my attention, I refused to go on many offers for a date because George needed me the most at home, I had to struggle to understand the basics in business, handling customers and maintain the balance between the personal and professional life.But now it's the time to think about a partner in my life. I wholeheartedly somehow believe that it's David!.

"Lina I am leaving" Lisa waved before my eyes bringing me out of my reverie.

"Oh well, sure darling I shall handle it" I said looking sadly at the whole mess in the cafe.

"I am sorry hun, but I need to leave now, Robert has asked me for a date after such a long gap.."

I pressed her shoulder gently "you need not give me any explanation Lisa darling I can totally understand, go ahead and enjoy"

I looked at the clock, it was only 2pm, in another one hour the customers would come back again because it would be their coffee break at work.
. I sighed heavily looking at Lisa leaving the cafe. I can only ask her for help, I cannot order her to stay back.

We all need that partner in life who would understand and be by your side to share your mental and physical stress isn't it?. Not sure why was I thinking too much today but my heart constantly asked for seeing David.

Oh god please do something I want to meet David once again, one last time please.. !!!!

Just before I stopped praying god my mouth literally dropped to the ground when I found David getting down from his car and walking into the cafe.

Omg!.