Love

David's POV

I felt like the world around spinning when I heard Angelina saying that she has heard everything, I felt like ground trembling under my feet, as if someone has pressed my throat hard, hard enough for me to become breathless.

Angelina's anger was clearly visible on her beautiful face, she was shooting daggers at me with her looks. I looked sadly as they boarded the bus and ready to go.

"What happened David, why is the lady angry?, we promised George that we would take him to the carnival" Don said starting the vehicle to drive.

"Grandma ruined it all, she is threatening me to marry Elizabeth, she didn't like Lina" I said swallowing the lump.

"Hmm, I don't think Angelina is upset that you are the owner of twin tower project, she is upset that you haven't discussed it with her, she loves you David, no doubt about that, I am pretty sure she will understand"

I didn't have any hope on that but I appreciated Don's words!, if Don leaves my side I am sure I will die of loneliness.

"David uncle,  did you and mummy have a fight?" George came near my seat and asked with a tear smitten face.

"No buddy, come here and sit" I took him in my lap , even though he was heavy the affection in me allowed me to bear his weight.

"Then why are we going early?"

" your mom is sick, that's why we are leaving, this village doesn't have doctors" I said patting his back.

"Will you come tomorrow evening again to my house and take me out please" George caught my chin and pleaded me.

"Everyone would be tired Georgie, and its not a good idea to leave your sick mom at home" Don said trying to make George understand.

"Why don't you go and play a game?"

"Sure, but you both promise me that you will regularly meet me, else I will be upset" George said in a cracking voice , my heart constricted looking at thae little one.

Angelina didn't react, I am sure she can hear, I wanted to go near her, talk to her, but I can't, I don't have that much courage, I am a coward, that's what Don always says actually.

"Go and talk to her, she may not allow you once she reaches her home" Don said as if reading my brain.

"Its okay, she needs some time to cool down"

But I didn't miss the chance to look at her. Her big eyes, her little lips, her complexion, such an adorable and lovely woman.No millions can buy such a beeauty, she is beautiful inside and out.

I am the most unluckiest man on the earth!

We traveled for another four hours non stop, there was pin drop silence in the Caravan, neither me nor Don had any interest to speak with each other.

"Let's stop for dinner, stop at a nice place I am starving" I said getting up and glancing at Lina, she was looking out of the window, her beautiful hair waving along the wind.

"Sure, I think there is a restaurant few meters away"

I took courage and went towards Lina, I slowly sat beside her, but she adjusted herself so that she cannot touch me.

"Lina, I know you are listening, please I am really sorry, the twin tower project was planned one year ago , I was the immediate choice by government because I am the leading builder, please what has this to do with our relationship?, I didn't cheat you, I didn't lie, I didn't bring that topic because, because I was afraid of losing you" I tried to convince her.

"Do I look like a fool?" She finally spoke and my heart thumped out of happiness.

"Lina" I turned her face towards me " look at me, those are all external matters, tell me do you feel my love or not?"

I pulled her towards me and she didn't try to push me , she just stared into my eyes "You asked me last time whether I believe you or not right?, I don't believe you, and where there is no belief, there is no love"

Tears brimmed my eyes "the love doesn't vanish within hours Lina, I love you and I know you love me too, think twice before hurting yourself, if you try to end relationship with me, you are hurting yourself Lina"

"I don't feel anymore safe in this relationship David, I heard your grandma saying that she would attack my family if you didn't marry Ella"

I smiled inwardly "silly girl, how can a eighty year old cause us harm, moreover she is threatening me that she would withdraw her consent as a board member for every decision I make, but maximum voting is considered and I know most of the board members are on my side"

"I don't know, I am a simple woman, I do not understand all these things and I don't want to trouble my children"

My heart felt light after she started opening up , I put my arms around her shoulders and pulled her into a hug, she caught my collar for balancing herself, I kissed on her forehead, I slowly lifted her head to kiss on her lips but suddenly Don shouted " we are here , the restaurant looks good"

"Come, enough of the drama, let's have food"

Angelina smiled first time in the day and my heart dwelled with happiness