Surprised!

David POV
"Hey good morning Jonathan, whats up?" I greeted Jonathan at the dining table as he looked grumpy and sad.

"We lost the project sir" he said in a low voice

"I am not surprised, Jeremy would have bribed all the officials" I said as I know this is going to happen for sure.

I looked at his face once again he was so pissed off that I was pretty sure he would beat me up if he was my senior, I gritted my teeth looking at him and decided to throw him off the office.

"Spill it out Jonathan, you are always welcome to leave your ass from my office as I know you have been secretly working for my Grandma and Jeremy"

Jonathan looked at me in a shocked and surprised manner "Sir..its not like what you think, You know I worked so hard for the project"

"So you say you worked hard and I spoiled it by not getting engaged to Ella?, you are upset because of me the project has gone away from our hands?"

"Yes sir, I mean how can you lose such a big project just because you love a normal lady like Angelina" he shrugged his shoulders and was acting too much which made me more mad.

I raised my hand and stopped him "you are not as loyal as I thought of, I shall pay your compensation for your loss, I am very very happy that I lost this project, right now you  will leave your computer, ID card and company car keys and leave this room without looking back"

"Sure , I.." he was about to talk something but I shut him off.

"Just Leave NOW!" I glared at him and he flinched for a second.

"Security, check Jonathan thoroughly before he leaves the premises" I called security on intercom so that Jonathan can clearly hear it.

"I am sorry sir, I wish you all the best" saying these words and spitting venom through his eyes he left the scene.

Once Jonathan left Don came in whistling with a hot pot of oats and bananas.

"Finally you did a good thing by kicking that bastard out of the office I never liked his face "

"He is very talented Don but very cunning too anyways I have made security team delete all of his data from his computer last night itself, he can't do anything against us" I sighed and looked sadly at Don.

"Its okay, I know its hard you lost the project, you lost Angelina too, but at least you got rid of that Ella"

I couldn't stop laughing at his statement .

"Why are you pretending to be happy, you know Reb is in the town right and I know you are continuously thinking about Lina"

I frowned at him " yeah I know"

"Don't you want to go and meet Lina?"

"Yeah I want to , but you know why am I not going?"

Don sighs heavily and finishes his breakfast "you did so much for her, she needs to know that Ella is no more in your life, you lost the hundred million project because of her David!, what if she moves on and gets another man in her life?"

I glare at him " if you talk anything more negative on my relationship with Lina I am gonna throw you out Don"

"What benefit will you get by doing so? Remember I am the only one whom you can trust"

Suddenly I got jolted by a phone call

"Hello!, yes Jinsy"

"Hello sir I am just calling you to say that we met Nancy the Lawyer, she made us write our statements and got signatures on all of the documents, she was very positive that Reb will get very less punishment , but we will know only during the court hearing "

"Thanks Jinsy, how is Angelina?"

There was a long pause from the other side

"Hello?"

"Yes sir, she is not very good sir, she has been crying whole evening, she is unable to cope up sir"

"Yeah I know!, please take care of her" I said blinking away my tears, I observed Don looking at me angrily.

"Sure sir, we have the court hearing day after tomorrow, Lina needs emotional support sir"

"I shall try to meet her Jinsy, thanks for everything "

"No sir we should actually thank you, sorry to say but Nancy's office has sent you invoices sir"

"Sure!, don't worry about them"

I cut her call and looked at Don again

"The time has come to meet Lina Don"

"All the best!" He said without looking at me.

**************************
Angelina's POV

"Angelina, you need to be brave, you cannot cry all the time, I will speak to Reb tomorrow and get her statements, hearing is on day after tomorrow" Nancy tapped on my hand as I was crying continuously.

"Thanks, I am sorry, I shall control myself, I have full confidence in you Nancy, say my Hi to my daughter " I give her a half hug and look at Jinsy who looked at me with sympathy.

"See you both at the court day after tomorrow" Nancy announced and we both smiled at her.

"Lets go" she tugged my hand in hers and we moved out.

"Shall I drop you home, its almost 9pm" Jinsy hired a driver and since she isn't driving herself I felt its wise to take a lift from her.

"Yes please Jinsy if you don't mind"

"No problem Angelina, come this way"

We both got into her car and discussed on when should we meet at the court. After a while I observed she had a pile of papers in hand which weren't arranged properly. She kept them between us and I immediately grabbed them to put them in an order.

"Hey!, what are you doing!" Jinsy suddenly tried to grab the file from my hands and surprisingly the papers flew in air.

"What the h**ll Jinsy?" I was taken aback by her reaction and found it stupid.

I tried to arrange the papers and then my mouth widened looking at the invoice

Thousand dollars per hour!

The lawyers invoice all together costed five thousand dollars and when I looked at the top it was addressed to the Donor!

I kept on reading the name with my eyes wide open .

David Franklin!

My eyes couldn't believe what I am seeing and I looked at Jinsy face for confirmation

She nodded in affirmative and I felt like the world around is spinning!

Why is god playing games with me like this?