Trust me

Angelina's POV

My eyes drifted into sleep as I ate huge amounts of junk food, as if I haven't eaten from years.Infact all of us ate like that, I wondered how would Don drive after having a truck of food.

"It will take us two more hours to reach the destination, I will sit beside Don so that he wouldn't feel sleepy, George you can either play a game or sleep but don't disturb mummy, let her take rest" David gave us instructions and sat beside Don.

I wished he was with me right now, but sometimes I feel he is better that far, I would assume our relationship is strong only when we meet regularly after we resume our routine life.

I observed George fell asleep in his seat after playing games for sometime, the half an hour nap freshened my brain, I got up to have a hot green tea.

"Need any help" David came from behind "the tea bags are on top"

"Thanks, you go and better sit with your friend else he may fall asleep"

"No, he is fine" David smiles nervously as I make my tea.

"You wanna talk to me something?" I ask as he doesn't seem to drop his looks from me.

"Yup, come with me" he grabs my shoulder and takes me to almost back of the bus and asks me to sit in a seat there.

"Are you okay?" he says once I struggle to sit with the hot tea in my hand.

"Hmm, well I wanted to say sorry that I am forcing you to meet my grandma, well, she is a sweet lady but I do not want you panic much, just be relaxed.." hesitating to talk much more, he bites his nails.

I smile in my cup while drinking and tap on his hand "its okay, don't worry we will be good with her"

"Yeah I know" he says holding my left hand, he was actually feeling nervous as sometimes old people will ask many questions and they easily judge people..

I finished my tea and we sat beside each other holding our hands, occasionally David would place his hands around my shoulders and squeeze them , bringing my head to fall on his chest and I would rest their few minutes, I wished this intimacy remained for ever.

"LINA"

"Hmm"

"Shall I as ask you something?"

"Yeah?"

"I am not sure why, but I think you don't trust me"

I look at him giving a weird expression " if I don't trust you,why would I be here with you David, what happened?, are you okay?" I cup his cheeks which were warm as if he was having fever.

"I am not sure, but I keep getting thoughts, bad thoughts, that you would leave me and would hate me, I am not sure it keeps ringing in my brain, will you forgive me if at all I have done any mistake from past?" a slight tear escapes his eyes and my heart constricts in its shell.

"David, we all do mistakes, first we need to love ourselves and then others, we just started our journey, we will take time, I trust you but there are hundreds of questions in my brain, you too trust me but you have your own doubts, let's leave everything to time and enjoy the current situation , don't think too much"

He grabs my hand and kisses it strongly "this is why I like you Lina, you are such a sweetheart with a beautiful smile, don't think I am just boasting, I fell in love with you the same day when I rescued you from that thug, I couldn't sleep for days together until I met you again at your house, I can't explain you Lina how much I adore you"

Only god knows the truth behind his words, but my heart melted with his words, he is such a warm and cool man, that any girl would think to have in her life.

"Tell me one thing?, why haven't you had any relationships with girls all these years"

"Ah that, because didn't meet a girl like you"

"I am not a girl, I am a woman a mother of two children, not from a background of wealthy people, but a simple person who used to rent a Cafe." He stops my conversation by closing my mouth.

"The girls whom I dated earlier were all after my wealth,none of them ever cared what I am looking for, they broke up with me if I couldn't take them to fancy restaurants,  if I was busy with meetings and couldn't take them to shopping. I had a lot of struggle after my mom passed away, my biological father was torturing me to sell my shares to him, my grandparents wanted me to take over business,  but all I was expecting is a person who would greet me with a smile, offer me some love, understand what I am going through  , but no one did it" he pinches the glabella and looks out of the window.

I never knew wealthy people had troubles too!

"So all I wanted to say is I found those qualities in you, the best part of you is you felt pity on the guy who showed you knife and was ready to take away your bag"

I smiled at him "hmm, I am not that good person David, Peter helped me all these years but I couldn't love him back, I didn't even give him a chance, I am not good"

"Peter is a moron, forget him" I could see his jawline getting fixed and fists getting harder, the perfect jealousy.

"Fine!, someone is jealous here" I say all smiling.

"Yes I am, if you haven't stopped that day, I would have killed that bastard"

"He is my friend Daniel, he loves me, but his way of expressing doesn't win our heart, I can't think of Peter in that way because I have a young daughter at home, I don't want abusive people to be in my life"

"Right, how do you know that I am not abusive?" he says kissing on my cheek.

"Because I have never seen you angry" I kiss him back and we look at each other affectionately, he pulls me into a hug and I melt in his arms.

"Here we are!" Don shouts as we approached our destination.

"Fix your hair, sweetheart" David pecks on my lips and moves towards the driving seat.

My heart thumps again!