Family

"That's fine; please come with me; I'll drop you off; it's no longer safe here; as I mentioned, I have connections in the police department; they'll take care of everything," he added as he motioned me to get into the car.

I sat in his car and gazed around the interiors because I had no other option.It appeared to be incredibly opulent.

Inside, a pleasant perfume was strewn everywhere, and everything appeared to be brand new.

"Which way is it?" he questioned looking into the street.

"Just three streets away, I'll direct you, please go straight," I said, being overly courteous.As he started the engine, he said, "Cool."

I was glad I didn't bother him too much because the drive to my house took only ten minutes.

I was expecting him to go, yet he did it with grace.

I didn't know how to continue the conversation because I thought I had already expressed my gratitude.

But he wasn't quite ready to leave yet, which frightened me even more.

"Nice place," he murmured as the chilly wind blew around him. "By the way, which floor is your house?" he said, rubbing his hands together.

"My apartment is on the second floor," I explained as I waited for him to leave. But I didn't have a choice but to invite him for coffee when he stood there staring at me.

"Would you like to join us for dinner tonight, David?"

Wasn't I supposed to invite him over for coffee?

"Sure, I'd be delighted to"

"David, a small request: please don't mention anything about this, I mean whatever happened right now."

He just nodded as if he accepted my requested.

"The lift is on the left," I told him, motioning him to follow me. At the same time, I was worried about my family's reaction.

We could hear loud music coming from inside my house as we got closer to the front door.

"Nice music," David murmured once more, smiling, but I couldn't reciprocate.We waited attentively for another two minutes after I rang the summoning bell.

"Did you bring my favourite custard tarts with you today, Mummmy?" The younger one peered through the glass and screamed his lungs out.

"What?, who was it?, did he call you mummy?.." David shoots a surprise look at me as if he wasn't expecting any children.

"Yeah.. that's my son" I say casually unable to understand why was he so shocked about it.

As usual both the kids started a fight to open the door and after a while it opened up with a huge thud. I couldn't look straight into David's eyes as I was really feeling embarrassed.But he was all smiling and didn't show any sign of impatience, which I really liked at the moment.

David's face filled with surprise once the door was finally opened.He looked at me and gave a weird expression .

"Look I won this time" George yelled at Rebecca.

"No as usual you are a loser all the time"

"I held the door knob first "

"But I was the one to open the latch "