Never ever ending

Angelina's POV

I tried to digest the unexpected news for a minute
With Sweat formed all over my face, I looked at uncle Phil whose state was more miserable than me. I swallowed the lump formed in my throat and tried to start the conversation again.

"So when is the shop going to be destroyed uncle Phil?"

"Very soon darling, I am surprised until now nobody has told you about this, I mean you are here for so many years, you do have many friends around, and no one told you!,I came to know about few months back, but I didn't have enough courage to tell you about that"

I got furious listening to his words, how can he keep it as a secret and let me know in the last minute, I would have at least started searching for job somewhere.

"But uncle, why haven't you.." before I could finish my sentence he interrupted me.

"Lina, I know you will be very angry to know this now in the last minute, but I have thought about it a lot,this project depends solely on approval of each and every owner, if we ask for more compensation the government is ready to pay, I have negotiated with them, once they pay us , I will settle the amount among ourselves "

"What kind of settlement uncle?" I asked innocently.

He looked at me without any expression "Lina, last year you have paid me five years lease amount in advance, remember?"

I nodded "yes uncle, but that's huge, you should have used it for aunt Jo's treatment isn't it?"

"Yes, I requested the officials to pay me that amount, they agreed to it, once they pay me I shall take few dollars from it and pay the rest to you, so that you can settle Peter's account too, I came to know that the bastard harassed you"

Even though I Was surprised to hear that he knows about Peter's issue, I pretended to be normal " I don't know how to thank you enough to think about me so much" I observed his face and said "so is it okay if I run the cafe until the shop is destroyed?"

"No, Lina, that's why I came today, they are going to start the work from tomorrow, of course they wouldn't destroy the buildings, but they need to do some pre work" he took out a small packet from his bag " have this money for now, shall pay you the rest once I receive the amount from officials"

I took the money shamelessly because I don't have any other choice now.

Uncle Peter stood up and gave me a half hug, I felt so emotional that I couldn't stop crying, we both had tears in our eyes and couldn't see each other directly for few seconds.

"Lina, remember this is not my idea to sell this property, I admired Jack more than my son my whole life, I keep track about your life through my close sources all the time, in fact Lisa keeps me updated all the time about you, take care darling, please do not hate me for this" I can feel the genuine fatherly love in his words.

"Thanks uncle, lets keep in touch" I looked around the furniture and other belongings.

How will I shift them overnight and where?, this old man has gone nuts!

Uncle phil laughed a little for the first time from past one hour "My friend has a ware house which has enough space to keep all this material , we can sell them eventually or he is happy to take all of them with any amount you quote" he said reading my thoughts.

My jaws dropped at his statement, he came prepared here in all ways!

How can I so be silly unaware if any of these.

"That's just.. I don't have any..." I stopped running out of words.

Uncle sighed heavily "Lina, I told you I will be there for you, what do you say?, shall we sell him everything?"

I rubbed my temples and nodded " ok uncle whatever you feel right,but we need to come up with a number, I need some time, I..can't think..." I said swallowing hard.

He nodded in agreement "that's fine don't worry, I will talk to my friend , he shall help us in moving this equipment, later we can think of selling "

I looked around sadly , how can things change in one day.its not only about the things but I have ordered many Groceries too, I have to cancel the order while going back home.

Phil spoke to someone on phone, he maintained the same grim expression throughout his conversation .After few seconds he looked at me amd said
"Lina, give me the keys and leave, my friend may come after 8pm, what will you do here?"

I felt bad for the old man, he is doing so much for me, I haven't even offered him coffee. I decided to take him home along with me.

"Come along with me to my house uncle, you can meet children too, after having dinner, we all can come back and help your friend" I said smiling for the first time in last two hours.

Uncle left a huge sigh " fine Lina, lets take a taxi I am too tired to come in a bus"

We went out of the shop heavy hearted, took a taxi and left home!