Job offer

Angelina's POV

After five days!

I stared at the ceiling like a fool as the tears flew from both the eyes, this has been a routine of me to cry whole day from past 5 days.

I managed to be good and look happy when I was with George, but as soon as I am alone, I think about Reb and cry.

Cry! Cry! And Cry!.

How long will I cry like this?, how long should I suffer like this?

When I met David and we confessed our love to each other I thought I am gonna start a new life, I thought I am lucky!, but why doesn't God like me to be happy?

Oh will the tears never stop?.

"Mummy" George came in as I was wiping my tears.

"Yes darling" I said without looking at him.

"Your phone has been ringing from a quite a lot of time" he said looking anxiously at me. I knew George knows everything about Reb's situation, but he is so matured that he didn't ask me any questions in this regard, he silently went to school and came back in the evening doing his own work, Sheila allowed him to play at his house until late evening and since Aryan and George are in same class they did their homework together too.

"Oh I didn't realise" I said and took my phone to see who it was?.

The phone started ringing again.

"Hello" I took the call this time

"Hey Angelina this is Jinsy why aren't you picking the call?" Sister Jinsy sounded very excited and I wished it would be a good news

"I am sorry Jinsy, is everything okay?"

"Double okay Lina, there's a Donor here for us who is ready to sponsor Rebecca's fee in any private school, I have spoken to few schools and once I decide which school she could go , we can talk to the Donor"

"Oh! Thank god!, how did you manage so fast?, anyway thanks for everything" I prayed god silently in my heart.

"He even said he will even provide you with..." she stops then probably biting her tongue.

"With what?"

"No!, No!, I asked him if he could give you a job but he said he can't"

I sighed heavily "its okay Jinsy!, getting Reb an admission itself is a very good news for us, please thank him on my behalf can I know who is it?"

"No Lina, we can't disclose the details sorry, I shall tell you once you get settled with everything, how is your job search going on?"

"Frankly speaking I have applied only 2 to 3 Jobs , I am unable to concentrate on anything. I am worried how Reb would behave in future, I mean I know she deserves punishment, but after that period passes away I am not sure how would she come out of that Trauma" I said swallowing hard.

"I know, I know as a mother and as a woman I can understand , but you need a job too Angelina, please concentrate on that too, and one more thing we need to talk to a lawyer for Rebecca's case, do you know anyone?"

I thought for a while, I couldn't recall anyone of I know.

"No I don't know any Lawyer"

"okay, I shall check from my sources , you dont worry about it, but make sure you get a job as soon as possible because as you know Lawyers are not gods they shall ask their fee for sure"

Oh yeah!, I totally forgot about the fees!

"Yes I shall be on it"

We spoke few things more and Jinsy said bye as she had to call other parents too.Poor her she is concerned about all other girls too and its a big headache for her. I prayed silently that god should give her strength in handling all these issues.

I opened my laptop to check emails and was overwhelmed with joy when I received an interview invitation from a reputed Restaurant in the city.

I immediately called the number provided in the email.

"Hello this is Angelina Jack, I am sorry I might have missed your call, I received an invitation for interview from your office" I was glad I managed to speak well.

"Oh yeah!  I was the one who sent you invitation Angelina, please visit our office today and we can conduct the interview, please come in a fully formal dress"

"Sure, by what time do you want me to be there?"

"Oh Anytime, you are always welcome" she was sounding as if I am a chief guest to some important program held by them.

George has already left to school, so I didn't have any issues getting ready and heading towards the restaurant. I opened my wardrobe and found that the only decent dress I had is the one bought by David , having no other choice I wore it and added a simple makeup, I looked in the mirror one  more time before heading downstairs.

As soon as I reached the restaurant I took a deep breath and went towards reception, somehow I got a strange feeling that everyone were looking at me.

"Hello! How can I help you?" the receptionist smiled as I took out my resume.

"My name is Angelina, I came in for attending an interview"

"Oh Angelina Jack?" I was aghast as the lady's face beamed like a tube light as if she has met her favourite Hollywood movie actress.

"Yes.." I said smiling awkwardly.

She immediately dialled some number "please inform everyone that Angelina mam is here"

I looked at her with my mouth wide open

Angelina mam?

Within few minutes a tall and blonde girl came towards me and smiled heartily "thanks for coming mam, our boss wants to meet you"

"Okay" I said nervously.

She took me into a huge room where her bosd was sitting in a corner, there were three sets of sofas places around the room.

"Angelina mam is here sir" the lady said as the middle aged man was involved in reading a file.

He jumped immediately as if he was waiting for me
"H..hello Angelina , this is Richard banks, the manager of this floor, here's your offer letter" he placed a big long white colour package.

"Are you kidding me sir?, I haven't attended the interview, how would I..."

He removed his glasses and rubbed his eyes "Jack was my friend, I read an article about how all of the cafe owners became jobless because of twin towers project and immediately I remembered about you, I know how experienced you are and you do not have to attend any interview"

"Thanks but sorry you do not have to feel pity of me, I can't accept your offer"

"Angelina, this is not pity, but respect towards you, Jack has helped me during my tough times, its my gratitude towards you, please accept this offer, read the agreement and if you still feel like rejecting you are always welcome to leave"

I opened the package and read the agreement

80k plus super! I don't think any other restaurant would offer me such a good salary, there were many more benefits too!

I smiled at him and said "Apologies for my behaviour sir , I accept your offer"

His face lit up like a candle "Thanks mam, welcome aboard"

"Thank you, I do not know how to thank you well enough, I know Jack is always with me and even after death he is helping me this way" I said blinking away my tears.

"Yeah he was such a nice man!,you can start working from tomorrow, the timing are 10.00am to 3.00pm as after 3pm it's considered a second shift , we prefer men to work in second shift as it would be very busy and hectic until 9pm, is that okay for you?"

"Perfect sir, I shall see you tomorrow"

"See you mam"