Bunch of Morons

David's POV

I just stood there frozen until Lina disappeared, the only words keep repeating in my brain

I came here for a help!

What could that be?, what kind of help was it?

Ella dragged me into the dining room but I ignored her and went into the restroom to get some privacy.
I quickly dialled Don "hello Don where are you?"

"In a pub close to Hotel Hyatt David,is the meeting over?"

"No!, I mean we are yet to have dinner, listen carefully Angelina came over here, she saw me with Ella and.."

"And she was upset!, oh my god!, who the hell told her that you are here?" Don stomped his leg and showed his frustration.

"It could be Jonathan,its not a big deal to convince Lina later, but the point is she came here because she needed some help!, I have to know what kind of help she needs, can you go to her apartment and see if its all good over there, maybe you can ask George if Angelina is not ready to talk, please "

"Sure, don't worry, you have your dinner and relax , make sure you do not talk about your relationship with Lina to anyone there, take care" I sighed heavily and thanked god for giving such a good friend as Don.

Even though I was very sad that Lina left angrily, I am pretty confident that one day she will understand, but first I need to get those damn signatures from Jeremy.

I started walking towards the dining table and was shocked to hear a familiar voice, I lifted my head to lookup on who was standing there.

Grandma!, what is she doing here?

"David!, how are you darling?" Grandma hugged me as if she hasn't seen me in years.

"Grandma" I hissed under my breath "stop this drama okay!, and don't try to manipulate here, I am not a sixteen year old to control, I knew it was your plan to arrange this meeting with Jeremy"

"So how did Angelina react after knowing that you are getting engaged to Ella!"

"I think with the growing age you are losing your brain too Granny!, I am not at all surprised that you have hurt Angelina and broke her heart, but listen to me carefully nobody can separate us, and Ella I will never propose her, the most foolish man on this earth would marry her not me"

"What if Jeremy doesn't sign the contract if you do not listen to me"

Hopeless, both Grandma and Ella are thinking that they can play between professional and personal matters.

"Gentlemen, please take your seats, the food will be served soon" Jonathan announced and everyone got indulged in their food.

I ignored her and went towards Jeremy.

"Jeremy I know you have understood what all we require and I am quite happy with the quote you have provided, When can I expect the signatures from your office?"

"Sure David, but there is one condition, I hope you know that Ella is the new chairman and she would have to sign the documents as well" he smiles looking at his foolish daughter "she would sign only when you both get engaged"

What a bunch of Morons I am doing business with?

"Jeremy, I don't like her, I have someone else in my life, why don't you understand the simple point that neither me nor she will be happy in this relationship, moreover these kind of clauses aren't acceptable in any government contracts, why are we forgetting our basics here?"

"Everything can't be written on paper David, for such big projects Government doesn't have any other choice but me to chose as I have tons of experience, I shall not reveal that this is the reason for my disapproval, I shall only say to the government officials that your plans are inappropriate"

"Oh!" I laughed aloud "do you think they are fools?, you say and they accept!"

He just laughed and said " wait and see"

My anger level flared to next level , I decided to complain government officials against him, but they would ask for a proof.This is not a child game, its government project and its not a joke, many departments have reviewed my plans and approved it, he cannot force Ella on me.

I suddenly got an idea and slowly switched on the voice recorder in my phone and placed in my pocket.

"So what is your final word?" I asked Jeremy

"As I said I will not sign until you get engaged with my daughter, I shall send a letter to head of the department tomorrow morning that your design plans aren't up to the mark"

"Jeremy those have been approved by senior engineers, you do not even have an idea how much knowledge they have.."

"Oh I shall buy all of them.." he said cutting me off

I purposefully laughed " you can't buy government officials especially technical people, they are all professionals from ages, your words doesn't make any sense"

"I shall show you what I am very soon David" he said sneering at me.

"You know what Jeremy, I don't give a damn!"

I smiled to myself and went towards the dining table to have my food, I know I am going to win in the end.

After having tummy full, I didn't care about anybody, didn't even bother to ask Grandma where would she stay for the night and left the hotel. I know it's atrocious to leave Grandma that way, but I am sure she should have made her arrangements after all she has a whole village behind her, Someone would have accompanied her so I decided not to care about people who doesn't value my feelings.

I reached the mansion soon.

"Hello Don" I quickly dialled Don to get some news about Lina.

"Hey David, I haven't got a chance to go to Lina's house but I am afraid I have a bad news for you"

"I am not new to listening bad news Don, but don't tell me its about Lina please I can't take it"

"Hmm" he sighs heavily "I know only a part of it and not sure I am just guessing, I have seen on TV that apparently few girls from Angelina's daughter's school have stolen few cosmetics which are very expensive and all those girls are in prison now in Usa, well Australian government is talking to American officials"

"Oh what a shame, but what does it have to do with Lina?, don't say that you suspect Rebecca is one of them"

"Well, I am not sure but I think so, why don't we call your friend in Police and confirm?"

"Shut up Don, I can't hurt Lina more by doing such things, its better we go her home and find out"

"Its okay David , I can give him a call and get the details , he knows me too"

I hesitated for few minutes but what if Don was right!

"Okay but make sure you do not tell my name at all, I will text his number now"

I texted Jason's number to David, the officer who picked up George from my house on his birthday.He is a nice guy.

I waited patiently until I got Don's call biting my nails and praying God that it shouldn't be Reb!