The twin towers

"Good morning Sir" Jonathan my personal secretary greeted me as I entered the lift in my pent house.

"Good morning, how's your mom now?" I asked him looking at my watch.

Damn!, I am getting late for the meeting.

"She is fine sir, it's because of you I am happy like this" his voice cracked, sincerely thanking me.His mom was sick last week and Jonathan was really worried about her. I personally know and have experienced how would be the feeling when your mom is sick. I payed all his bills as I knew the treatment would be a big burden for Jonathan.He is a very sincere worker from day one. I never regret my decisions in such cases to help people like Jonathon.

"Don't mention Jonathon, you are like my brother, as long as you work for me I wouldn't allow you to suffer in anyway either it's professional or personal life"

"May god bless you sir" Jonathan said sincerely.

"So is the board meeting at 2pm today?" I said getting into the car.Don was already waiting for us when we got into the car.

"Yes sir, but before that we need to visit the Council office to have a talk with the government officials regarding our twin tower project" Jonathan said looking at the  schedule in his IPAD.

"Hey David, what was the reaction of Angelina yesterday?" Don said while driving the car towards the council office.

I cleared my throat as I didn't like discussing that topic before Jonathan.

"Don let's discuss it later okay, right now too many things on my head"

Don nodded his head as if understanding the situation. But when somebody talks about Angelina, I feel like I completely get lost in thoughts, I travel to another virtual and beautiful world.Don thinks I am a crazy man because fell in love with a woman who has two children.

I don't care what people think about me . I have decided that she is the one whom I am going to share my future with.Last night when she said goodbye to me I could witness that we both were emotionally connected. I felt like she wanted to share a hell lot of things. I wished we both went together on a holiday, holding our hands , walking along the beach, stealing some kisses..Ooo something is completely wrong with me!.

"Sir" Jonathan called out as I was lost in my own thoughts.

"Yes"

"We are here"

"Oh okay" I smiled awkwardly "let's go then"

Jonathan looked at me confused, he might be thinking something is wrong with me.

"Don do you want to come inside or wait here?" I asked while Jonathon went inside the office to talk to the receptionist.

"Nah!, you carry on, by the way what was her reaction yesterday?"

"Not now, we will discuss later," I whispered to him and smiled shyly.

"Sir, please come" Jonathan called me in, I took all the papers carefully and went in to have the meeting.Don wanted to go in for a long drive so I allowed him to.

The meeting with the council officials was a pretty straightforward one, we did a lot of homework on their rules and regulations and had answers ready for all of their questions.

After about an hour of discussion about the structure of the twin towers one of the officer raised a question which almost gave me a heart attack.

"Well mister David, the construction of the towers would actually affect the old shops which were constructed along the road side, we are planning to extend the road here isn't it" he pointed on thin line on the map.