Complications

David's POV

"Don!, is my breakfast ready?" I question Don through my intercom in my penthouse.

"Yes sir, it's waiting for you" Don replied laughing aloud.

"Why are you laughing?" I said adjusting my tie and coat.

"Because you need to pay me more this month as I became your chef apart from your driver"

"Shut up!, is Jonathan here?"

"Yes sir, please if you stop questioning and come fast we can have it together" Don said frustrated.

"In a minute" I cut the call and checked myself once more in mirror, somehow I am excited about the final approval of the twin towers.

I took the lift and reached the dining room in no time, usually I prefer taking steps but today I decided no wasting energy and time.

Both Jonathan and Don were waiting for me patiently looking at the food like hungry dogs.

"Morning Jonathan, all good?"

"All good sir"

"Good, glad to hear that, have stomach full now, we should talk a lot today" I said eating my sandwich.

"Sir, please do remember that except one person all of the owners of various shops, cafes, businesses have agreed with the building destruction" Jonathan said showing me a photograph of a shop which almost gave me heartache.

Its the cafe where Angelina works!.

I took the phone and looked once again , yes it is hers. I could see from corner of my eye that Don was looking at me with a concern.

"Fine, do you know the reason why?" I said innocently.

"Sir, the owner of the cafe has moved out of city long ago, we enquired a lot and finally found out that the lady who took his shop on lease has paid 5 years lease in advance and the owner cannot repay it right now to her" Jonathan said without any expression as if it was a casual thing to him, but I can understand the feelings of owner , he might be scared to reveal this to Lina as she is very emotionally attached to the cafe.

"The silly part is the owner cannot repay it back to her, he asked us some more time" he said dropping his fork and gulping his orange juice.

"Jonathan, it may be silly to you, but most of the business owners are attached to their professions if they were successful in building them all by themselves, most of them may have many memories attached, may be the owner and the lady are good friends" Don interrupted the conversation, which actually Jonathan didn't like.

To ease the environment I let out a small cough.

"We shall buy the owner don't worry, the money which he has to pay to the lady will be arranged by us, ask him for an appointment " I said getting up from my seat to make myself a coffee .

"You can't buy everything" Don said again.

"I guess we can do that sir" Jonathan said looking angrily at Don.

Don doesn't like Jonathan at all, he feels Jonathan is a selfish guy, but Ideally any person who is in Jonathan's place would think in the same way.

"Relax guys, everything will be sorted out, Don stay away from these matters okay" I signalled him through eyes to just relax.

Don didn't like the buying word, he knows it's Angelina's cafe, and he also knows my inner feelings.

"Jonathan please go through the presentation once again, we shouldn't give any chance to give explanation okay"

"Yes sir, we may get objections from few people like Franklin and Dylan,we have a board meeting straight after the meeting with government officials"

"Yeah!, I know let's see, don't panic, remember I am the CEO and whatever I decide would be the final decision" even though listening to my biological father's name makes my blood boil, I tried to remain calm today. This is the first project in my whole life wherein I have put my complete effort to get approvals in all levels of government offices . I am not going to back off.

No matter what , I didn't want to lose this, I know I will have to face many hurdles in the journey, my father has a grudge on me that I haven't allowed him to involve in this project, he is trying to pull me down in all the way possible but I didn't give him chance.

And Angelina, I know if she comes to know that I am the person behind the building destruction , she would definitely hate me. But I have to face all these and work hard to make my grandma happy.

"Sir!" Don shook my hand "shall we go?"

I observed that while I was lost in thoughts , Jonathan left the dining hall.

"Hey Don, Jonathan doesn't like when you get involved in project talk, stay away from the discussion " I said giving him a big smile and patting on his back.

"You can ask me to stay away from professional matters David, but if they make you sad for no reason, I am going to be very upset, I know that's Angelina's cafe, I visited the cafe twice, enquired about the lady and everyone around said that, she and her late husband sold their land in their village to develop the cafe, from past 4 years, the lady hardly took off from work as she believes that her late husband visits the cafe every day , she cannot forget him and adores the cafe as much as her children" Don pressed my hand gently " my friend!, I know as Jonathan said for a single lady the project cannot be put in hold, but don't get upset if Angelina doesn't love you back because of this grave mistake"

"I know Don, I am born to face problems and lose my loved ones" I said sadly.

"Don't worry David, everything will be alright"

I nodded and smiled at him, Jonathan was waiting for me so I made a move saying bye to Don.

"Are we late?" I asked Jonathan as we approached the conference hall.

"No sir, everyone else arrived early"

The conference hall at once became silent as soon as I went in and greeted everyone.Some of my board members were also present and they all gave me a hearty smile.The meeting started within no time. The officials were very much happy that we were able to give positive answers to each and every query, except for that cunning fox Franklin nobody had any issues.

Jonathan completed his presentation , I stood up to give the final words.

"Gentlemen,You can see the hard-work my team has done in planning and I am hundred percent sure, it would be executed well too, we have overcome all kinds of hurdles so far.."

"Excuse me, I haven't got clarification in one major issue yet" Franklin lifted his hand, interrupting my speech.

"What is it Mr.Franklin?" The senior most government official asked.

"Sir, David wants to just convince everyone here that the project is running smoothly, there are no hurdles and whatever he does is perfect but the fact is that , his team hasn't contacted few owners still , not all of them have approved of the building destruction, its an utmost failure from their part, the opposition parties will later get a chance to blame you"

I gritted my teeth and fixed my hands into fists inside my coat pockets. I started counting numbers in my head to ease the tension.

"Yes we know Mr.Franklin, David and team has already informed us, its just one or two, but David's team has achieved a lot, at this young age you cannot even imagine a single person doing so much of planning, let us see only the best side of coin, we are here to take care of opposition" the government official declared, Franklin stood up angrily, his eyes shone bright red, furiously he left the scene followed by his men.

"Let's end the meeting here, David please take a break for few days, if not for you at least for your staff" the officer said smiling at me.

"Thank you sir" I said shaking hands with him.

Everybody in the room congratulated us but my thoughts were revolving around Angelina.

Man can build or destroy anything in the world, but winning a woman's heart is the toughest job isn't it,