Don

David's POV

I drove back home from Angelina's place with a heavy heart after hearing that George's father is no more. I personally know how hard it is to live in this world without one of the parents by your side.My mom passed away when I was twenty years old.Even though I was old enough to understand everything in life, I couldn't get out of the shock when I heard those words from our family doctor.

"Your mom committed suicide David, I am sorry her post-mortem report shows that she consumed quite an amount of sleeping pills"

We all knew she was fighting with depression, but I always assumed my mom to be a strong woman, she was number one business woman, handled many hurdles very easily but couldn't handle a simple thing that her husband was a philanderer.

She loved him with all her heart and soul, convinced my grandfather and married him.But my dad never loved her, he pretended all through her life for the sake of money.Until she passed away he shamelessly enjoyed her money.

After my mother's death my grandpa has transferred all of the property to my name.
For he didn't trust my dad at all.But my grandpa never knew that my dad made my mom sign few papers cunningly and got hold of   Forty percent of shares in the company.

I never talked to my father after my mother's death. I live all alone in my penthouse and you wouldn't believe if I say that I don't even know where my dad lives, all I know is he lives in the same city as mine.Unfortunately since he is one of the board members I have to meet him during some  important meetings. I hate him to the core that no one can ever imagine.

I got distracted by a phone call and I couldn't stop smiling when I realised its from my best friend Donald.

"Hey Don what's up dude?"

"Hey!, somebody sounds very happy, how was your day without me?" Don didn't sound happy though.

"What happened did you lose your job once again?" I said suppressing my laughter.

"Yeah buddy!, I couldn't stop calling you, is my job still in place?"

Donald worked as my company driver for few days but his passion was always
to work as a car mechanic, sounds weird isn't it?.

"Yes it is , you can come tomorrow morning I have a meeting with the government officials, I shall ask Jonathan to text you my schedule"

"Yes sir, have a goodnight , bye"

"Bye Don"

But Don didn't hang up, I didn't hang up too, I looked at my phone and couldn't stop laughing.

"Hey, shall we have beer?" I said letting a small laugh.

"Any doubts ? I will be there in ten"

I planned to cook something special , As Don really likes grilled chicken. I took out some chicken wings from freezer and started grilling them.As  promised Don came in ten minutes with chilled beer.

"Hey" we hugged each other as if we haven't met for years.He left his job as my driver one month ago because I was mad on him for no reason.This is a usual thing that happens between us.

Me and Don share a unique bond, our family backgrounds are totally different.But when we met at a park close to my house in my childhood I automatically became his fan, we share everything with each other , happiness and sorrows.

"How did you lose the job this time by the way?" I asked taking out the chicken from oven.

"Don't even ask David, its a long story, I actually kissed my owner's wife" he said casually.

"What?" I raised my eyebrows and couldn't stop laughing."Seriously?"

"Seriously David I am not joking"

I couldn't stop laughing when Don explained me how much trouble he took to woo his boss's wife. I pretended to believe him, as much as I know he is not capable of doing such things, but listening to his stories it's always fun for me.

"David tell me something, did your father meet with any accident today?" Donald said finishing his fifth beer.

"What?, no man, why are you asking that way?"I said all smiling.

"I didnt see you so happy for a very long time, may I know the reason behind your happiness?"

"I met a family today, Angelina's family"

"Family?, are you taking the whole family on date nowadays?"

"Shut up, I rescued her from a thief, I dropped her home as she didn't have any car, I guess because she said she usually travels by bus, she invited me for dinner and I met her family" I said remembering the last look of George while I was leaving.

"So what is there to be so happy about it?" Don smirked in disbelief.

I let out a long sigh! " you are right,there is no reason to be happy about it, but looking at Angelina and her children, I somehow remembered my past, my mom, you know what she's so beautiful inside out just like my mom, the politeness in her words, her big eyes, her smile, I cannot explain you Don, I am totally attracted to her"

"What?, a mother of two children and you are attracted to her, have you lost..?" he was about to say "your mind" but swallowed it because I am his boss from tomorrow.

"Okay, whatever you say, but what about her husband?"

"He is no more , passed away four years ago in an accident"

"I see..so your line is clear, but how will you meet her again?"

"Well I met her in the industrial area where in we are going to construct the twin towers, I am pretty sure she should be working in one of the industry there"

"Hmm., but a woman with children, it's quite complicated you know"

"I know but I can try"

"Well all the best buddy"

"Thanks man!"

Donald slept in my penthouse that night as he was fully drunk.But I couldn't sleep well that night.The images of Angelina's beautiful face kept flashing before my eyes. I cursed myself for not taking her number , but I left my card at her place.Probably if she is attracted to me in the same way, she may give a call to me.

I smiled to myself because I am right now thinking and behaving like a teenager whereas I am exactly the age of Angelina!.