Tension

David's Pov

I waited like a small child for Don's call and as expected he called me within fifteen minutes.

"Its not Reb right?" I said without even saying hello

He remained silent for a second and then spoke "sorry David but as per the news from Jason , Rebecca is one of the girls who was caught, Jason said American government agreed to send children back"

"Oh!, how many girls are involved?"

"I think some 4 or 5, Jason was saying that Australian embassy officials are speaking to USA police personnel and soon the girls would be brought back, but children have to face court here and they may get severe punishment"

"Severe punishment?" I said swallowing hard, thinking about Lina my heart ached.

"Hmm, I didn't know what does he mean by that maybe we can speak to any lawyer about that"

"My heart goes for Lina Don, don't know why God is punishing her like this, this is the time we need to be with her, shall we go to her flat now Don, I want to just hug her and say that everything is going to be fine"

"No David, if you go now she would get more upset, let her suffer alone, we can help her in background like talking to a lawyer and also maybe getting her a job , but she shouldn't know that we are helping her"

"Yeah, my friend I was also thinking of the same, but we need a genuine friend of her to help us help Lina"

"May be we need more than one, like we need a lawyer and also someone who can give job to Lina"

"Yeah I know many people who own 5 star restaurant in the city, and lawyers too, first thing tomorrow morning we will do is go to Rebecca's school and talk to the principal"

"Yeah right, I am coming home now, we have lots of work tomorrow, have you got any beer and chicken at home?"

I smiled over phone "yeah I do have, I finished my dinner already, I can only have beer with you"

"Don't worry" Don said laughing "I shall finish off the food"

Laughing and cutting the call, I took out the marinated chicken from refrigerator and be put it in the oven.

I came into reality again and dialled Angelina's phone, no answer !, tears filled my eyes thinking about her position now, she once cried wondering why were her children behaving like this , like adding oil to fire she lost hope in me too because of Ella.

Don arrived in few minutes and we discussed a lot about Angelina.

"We shall help her, but everything should be a secret"  I said finishing my beer.

"Why?"

"Look Don our ultimate goal is to help Lina, but she thinks I betrayed her, she wouldn't be ready to take help from me, it would be like you know reminding her that she cannot do things without our help, but actually we love her so much that we cannot see her in pain"

"Yeah you are right, let's talk to school principal first thing tomorrow morning!, and then we can check with the lawyer"

"I need to speak to Jason too"

"Nah!, he said he wouldn't know any details as its not his responsibility, we need to get details through Lawyer, I believe a lady Lawyer would be a great help, emotionally she would connect with Lina" Don said finishing off his chicken.

"She isn't picking my call at all, my heart is aching to see Don" I say my voice cracking.

"Its okay David you need to be strong, Angelina truly loves you, she will accept you don't worry"

"Thanks"

****************

The next morning me and Don had our quick breakfast and headed towards the school to meet the principal, Don said b Paparazzi may catch us so it would be better he would park the car backside of the school. I thought its a good idea! Paparazzi is always following me to get feed for their papers all the time.

"Hello we need to see the principal" I said to the receptionist who looked at me anxiously and adjusted her glasses.

"Well!, I think I know you!, OMG are you David Franklin?" She jumped a little and clapped her hands "give me two minutes sir, I shall be back"

Don suppressed his laughter , I couldn't stop smiling too.Surprisingly that lady came towards us within two minutes and took us into the principal room.

"Hello mam" me and Don greeted her.

She greeted us with warm smile and asked her staff not yo disturb is for another one hour.

"David sir, I am do glad and surprised that you are visiting us today, I myself wanted to meet you and was trying to get an appointment with you" she said wiping her face, she looked do tensed.

"Sorry to disturb you this morning, we came unnoticed because we wanted to help Rebecca"

She looked at us in shock " how did you know about Reb, we didn't announce the names anywhere and why only Reb?"

"Let me explain mam, Angelina is a very good friend of mine and I know that Rebecca is in Usa, we came to know about her..I mean she is stuck in there.." I couldn't complete my sentence.

"Okay..so despite requesting police they are telling out the names of these children" she caught her head with her hands and shook it twice " how are you related to Angelina?"

"Well we met accidentally once and I fell in love with her, she likes me too but we aren't in a relationship yet, Listen mam I definitely want to help Lina but she shouldn't know it, I know she is not financially capable to book a lawyer for this case" she looked a bit convinced.

"Oh yeah!, I completely forgot about Lawyer, will you be able to talk to a good lawyer sir? and if you don't mind I need one more help too"

"Yes definitely I Am ready to help Angelina in all ways possible"

" Rebecca is dismissed from school, she can write exams if some private school enrols her   , but Angelina can't afford the fees, I was actually planning to consult any Donors.."

"I am ready to pay Reb's school fee too, tell me how much it would be"

"I shall let you know sir, can you give me your personal number to me?"

"Sure you better take Don my friends number "

Don gave his number and she happily took it.

"Sir you are doing so much for Lina, I think she is very lucky, I wish you could get her a good job too" she smiled at me but I didn't like it.

"Angelina is very talented I need not help her get a job, all she needs now is emotional support, love and someone to believe" I swallowed hard thinking about the previous day events.

"You are right sir, thanks for your time, let me know if I could help you in anyway in future"

"Sure we would like to know all news about Reb from time to time, let us be in touch"

"Definitely sir" Jinsy smiled again

I sighed heavily relieving the heaviness off my chest!