Never ending

"George!, you are getting late to school why aren't you coming down at all!" I shouted on top of my lungs as George's school bus was waiting outside our appartments.

"Mom!, I am coming " George grabbed his lunchbox, school bag , blew a flying kiss to me and ran towards the bus.Usually the bus doesn't stop near our house, but after Rebecca's achievement became a news in school the bus driver out of appreciation decided to come here and pickup the kids.

"Wow!, even though your daughter is a devil, her academic success has become a boon to George isn't it" Lisa said fixing her hair.

"Yeah!, true" I said all smiling "okay time to go to work, and for god's sake until Reb leaves to US dont say anything negative about her, she doesn't like you staying here" I said hitting on Lisa's head.

"Fine momma, But why don't you sit for sometime you didn't share exactly what happened between you and David!"

"There is no time Lisa, I have to go to work today , Remember yesterday I took off and even last week when I slapped Reb I took off, Peter will be pissed off"

"Fine!" Lisa sighed in disappointment "why don't you and me go for dinner tonight, it's been long we didn't go for drinks "

"Anything after Reb leaves to America, we will leave George at Aunt Kathy's house and can have fun" I said collecting the house keys.

"I shall drop you at the bus stop, remember to call me before you leave in the evening I shall come and pick you up" Lisa said while closing the door.

"Thanks my bestie" I said laughing.

It's such a good feeling when you have best time with your best friend, its been just two days she is here, Rebecca and Lisa fought ten times within two days, I was happy because Lisa tried to offend me and Reb would immediately become silent as she doesn't have so much talent to argue with Lisa.

Lisa dropped me at bus stop and I caught the bus immediately, I decided not to give much details about things like how I feel about David to Lisa, I really liked him few days back, but I decided now that I shouldn't much develop feelings for him. He didn't even text me or gave a call to understand my situation after the pictures were everywhere.

There could be multiple reasons from his side, but I hadn't had a good time at all.

I better don't think much about him , it's better to be away from wealthy people.

As soon as I reached the cafe, I was shocked to see the site at the cafe it wasn't open yet!,

Is Peter sick?, or because I have been unfriendly did he decided not to come?.

Anyway, it's my responsibility to check upon him, I quickly opened the cafe and started arranging things.Once I was confident that customers can come in I turned on the board that "we are open".

I quickly called Peter on mobile and found that his phone was switched off.

I can't believe it, he never does this way, if he is sick he shall message me .

Is Peter so sick that he couldn't even text me?

All of a sudden I started feeling guilty, am I being really rude to Peter?, I should start talking to him in a normal manner.

But anyway looks like I have to work all day by myself. I dusted the corners of the room, mopped the floor and switched on the coffee machine. I waited for customers for almost three hours.

Strange!, not even a single customer came to the cafe today, this is the first time in months I am facing a situation like this,out of curiosity I went for a walk and looked around, almost all businesses were closed.

Is it any holiday today?

How is it possible?, if it's a holiday why would Lisa go to work and George to school.

Something is wrong here!, suddenly my heart started beating faster, I get anxious attacks like this if unusual happens.

I went into the cafe and made myself a coffee, I could hear my tummy rumbling so I had a big chocolate muffin along with the coffee.

Suddenly I saw someone walking towards cafe , he looked very familiar, as he came closer I could see his face clearly.

Mr.Philip!, Phil that's what we call him!.He smiled as he entered the cafe but there was no happiness in that smile.I swallowed hard and smiled in return.

"How have you been my child " he said in a very dull tone.

"Good uncle Phil, I hope everything is fine on your end" I said sadly, somehow I had a very bad feeling about his presence.

"I am fine, I hope both the rascals at home are doing good" he said adjusting in his chair.So rude of me but I didn't like to answer this question.but its not polite to remain silent for such questions from a fatherly figure like him.

"They both are good uncle, how is everything going on your side, I heard aunty is not well, how is her health now?"

"She is okay dear, just trying to get better"

"What is it uncle Phil?, you are not in your usual mood,I am sure you are here on a purpose?" I said grabbing up all the invisible courage.

He looked at me with moist eyes and nodded as if its true ,but he still remained silent.

He is the owner of this place, a very old and close friend of Jack and me.When Jack wanted to start a cafe uncle Phil came forward to lease his place to us as he was confident that Jack would run his business efficiently.when Jack passed away he was one of those people who felt bad genuinely.

His silence was killing me , but I didn't force him , I gave him some time to respond.

"Sorry uncle totally forgot to ask you, actually I didn't have any customers from morning so , I am off in another world,would you like to have a coffee or tea?"

"No! Child, I am good, please sit for a minute, I have to discuss something very important to you"

I sat there silently, I could visualise that this same silence I faced before when doctor declared that Jack was dead a few years ago.

"Lina!, we have to close this cafe for ever, government has decided to destroy all of these shops across this belt and construct Twin Towers"

Mr.Phil spoke many things later, but none of them went into my brain, all I could think of was...

How will I survive for the next of my life!