Pictures out

Angelina's POV

My eyes followed David's car as he sped down the road as if he never wanted to look back. I have a problem with my family or a close friend every time we meet. All people in the world experience unexpected events, but only embarrassing ones occur in my life, especially when it involves David!

How happy I was to see him in the cafe today, he was wearing simple clothes, yet that aura of his millionaire status surrounds him always, when he smiles, laughs, cares,heartily.

A kiss was on the cards today! It gave me butterflies in my stomach to think about it! His breath was so fresh that I could still feel his strong desire to kiss me.

My chest tightened as I made my way back to the cafe. In spite of the fact that Peter was enraged by my behaviour, he sat there looking proud. Although I know he's jealous of David, Peter won't talk to anyone else, and he doesn't want me to call anyone else my friend. I'm sure Lisa will behave the same way when she learns about David, so I'd better tell her sooner rather than later.

"Do you want to stay here for a little while longer?"  Putting on my jacket, I explained.

"No!, I am actually waiting for my girlfriend to come, she said she would help me putting up the trash bags in Trash Bins.." he said without looking at me.

I didn't know whether to cry or laugh, I just stared at him for a while, he ignored me and started playing a stupid game on his phone.He behaves so whenever he is really angry with me.

"Well you enjoy with her , I am leaving"  I grabbed my bag and started walking out of the cafe.

He immediately stood from his chair and grabbed my hand, usually it would be a friendly gesture, but this time I felt it was more hurtful, I frowned at him and tried to free my hand from his grip.

He drew me towards him, I nearly tripped on him, and before I could resist or understand what was going on, he kissed me hard on the lips, he caught me by my hair so hard that I thought I was going to die at any moment.

"Peter!" I shouted on top of my lungs and pushed him aside. He fell over some chairs making a huge sound. I rubbed my lips, adjusted my hair and Jacket.

"What the hell is wrong with you?, how dare you kiss me?" I glared at him as he tried to get up from the carpet.

"What the hell is wrong with you Lina?, you didn't have problem kissing that millionaire, but you have when I tried to kiss you?" he said in a low voice, I could see pain in his eyes.

"Stop calling him millionaire, he is David, he is just a friend..okay!" I said grabbing a paper towel and rubbing off the blood oozing from my lips.

"Just a friend huh?" he laughed humourlessly "do just a friends come into other's kitchens and clean their dishes, I have seen with my eyes that you were ready to kiss him damn it!, don't assume me to be a child!"

"Okay!, yes we were trying to kiss each other, what's the problem now?" I said talking in a louder voice again, I hate to do that with my friends and especially Peter.

"Because I love you Angelina, you very well know that I loved you since my childhood, you knew it all the while, but yet you didn't care about my feelings..anytime, never never in your life.." he said banging on the wall.

I swallowed hard looking at him, yes I know he loved me, way before Jack proposed me in college I knew Peter had feelings for me, but I couldn't look at him that way, I always liked Jack since my childhood, he was so handsome and intelligent, caring and loving.

Peter is and was altogether a different personality, people thought I am crazy because I have a friend like Peter, he was always in trouble when he was in college, his grades were low, poor attendance, and all kinds of bad habits.But I always supported him because he is friend of mine since childhood.Me Lisa and Peter grew up together, we never felt like a different family, and that's where the problem comes. I always look upon him as my brother and he , he has a different feelings towards me.

"Peter!, please I have told you many times, I can't think of you in that way" I said crying louder unable to control my tears. I sometimes feel that I am born just to cry!.

"Oh!" Peter said in a cracking voice "I just.. I am sorry Lina, I thought all these years you would understand me Angelina, but God has proved once again that I am born unlucky" he sighed heavily and rubbed his eyes "I am sorry to say this, but my sixth sense says you are going to suffer a lot with that Millionaire, rich people do friendship only when they see some benefits from us"

"He is a very nice guy Peter, you will also like him once you start understanding him.."

"You are going to suffer, that's all I can say" saying these words Peter left the cafe angrily.

I couldn't believe what was happening in my life all of a sudden.Peter and me never fought with each other, that's why he has a special respect towards me.

Or I thought so, he was indeed in love with me all these years!

My head started spinning when I started to realise how blindly I believe people.When Jack died of accident Peter was the one who gave me the news. I fainted when I heard the news , the only day when I came out of shock was one week after Jack's funeral.

Peter assured me that he would help me in business and promised me to be my side whole life.

I blindly believed him...

Blindly...

Tears rolled down my eyes once more. I cried for a while until I felt better and bringing up courage I stood up on my trembling feet , took my handbag and started walking towards the bus stop.

I am a single mother not by chance but by fate, I have to work hard struggle all by myself until my children get settled in their life, I know I can do it and I should. I looked back at the cafe and smiled to myself.As long as it with me I need not fear for anything in my life.

I waited patiently in the bus stop but the bus was no where to be seen. I took out my phone to look at the messages, I was desperate to see a message from David but none appeared. I got hugely disappointed.

I longed to see David once again, the whole evening ruined because of Peter else we would have opened up our feelings for each other.

God!, please give me a chance to meet David once again!

I prayed god silently.

"Looking for me aren't you?" a husky voice greeted me from behind and when I looked back David was standing there all smiling, I couldn't stop blushing looking at him and stopped my urge to hug him immediately by pressing my hands tightly inside my pockets.

"I hope your friend didn't hurt you after I left" he said coming closer

Of course I don't want to tell him anything against Peter.so I decided to change the topic

"David oh my god you scared me !, I didn't expect you to be here, I.. I mean no, no, my friend didn't hurt me but why? Why did you come back?" I said almost swallowing my excitement

"To drop you safely home, come let me drop" he took my hand in his and we walked towards his car.

I felt really safe when he took my hand in his.

"Fasten your seat belt" he said once I sat in the car.

Somehow I couldn't do it and observing me struggling with it, he got down from the car and came to my side to help me.

While he was trying to fix it , I tried to study his handsome features once again, a small naughty smile left my lips as he touched my waist gently, the click sound of the belt warned me to get away from my thoughts.When he tried to get back to his seat we could feel flash of lights on our face, they were all coming from a distance.Suddenly I observed David's face redden with anger, I couldn't understand what was happening.

"David, are you okay?" I said looking at him.

"No!" he shouted loudly "let's go asap" he drove his car as fast as possible.

"Where are we going?" I said unable to catch-up the speed.

"I don't know, that's Paparazzi, I don't want you to be in trouble" he said looking worriedly at me.

"okay" I said silently thinking about children at home.