George missing

Angelina's Pov

"Angelina  I am really sorry, George wasn't on his usual self since morning, He was all moody and silent whole day, I asked him is something bothering him, but he remained silent,I should have sent his friends along with him to the rest room"Katherine rushed to me as soon as she saw me in the school.She was almost crying because George left the school during her class , she may lose her job if I complain to the school principal.

"That's okay Katherine, it's nobody's fault.Have you asked all of his friends whether they have any idea, where has he gone?"I said taking deep breath and controlling my tears.

"All the students left the school Angelina , I didn't have enough time but I tried my best, I enquired every body in the classroom, no one is aware of it, are you sure he doesn't know anyone in the city?" Katherine sounded genuine but my head was spinning while hearing her words.

"What was the school security doing?" I said cutting her off.

"Security?, we don't have any security here, its better we call police, let's not waste time" Katherine said.

Somehow it didn't sound like a good idea but there seems to be no other choice.

Stupid boy!, let me get him, I am gonna bang him black and blue!, I don't understand why such children are given by god to me.

I cursed George inwardly and quickly dialled Lisa's number.

"I have only two friends, Lisa and Peter, Peter was with me in cafe all the time, my children never visited Peter's house, moreover how can an eight year old...let me call Lisa once" I spoke to Katherine while the phone was still ringing.it's waste of time but I didn't have a choice.

"Hello Angelina, sorry I am in a meeting can't you wait until 6:00pm" Lisa said in a frustrating tone.She is probably taking revenge because that's the way me and Peter talk to her sometimes.

I couldn't stop crying as soon as I heard my best friends voice " Lisa George is missing from school, I am at his school now, planning to call police" I said in a cracked voice.

"George what?, no no you are mistaken Lina, George is a small boy" she let out a humourless laugh "where will he go?, you mean he left the school during school hours?"

"Yes!!!, he took permission from teacher to go to the rest room.She realised that he left school campus when he didn't return after fifteen minutes" I tried my best not to accuse Katherine of anything but Katherine was looking at me apologetically.

"Okay, call police right now, I will finish off my meeting and be there asap"

I felt little better after talking to Lisa and quickly dialled police.

"Hello, yes what can we do for you?"

"Sir..my name is Angelina, my eight year old son is missing from school" I gave him the address of the school and other details whatever they have asked.

Soon within no time a police car arrived at the scene. A strange shiver passed through my spine when the police officer came closer to me.

"Mam, please fill this form,everything should be true no false details please, I need to enquire the staff in charge, I request you to sit in the reception until then" the police officer sounded polite, but my whole body shivered out of nervousness.

"Sure" I let out almost a whisper.

Katherine stepped forward and introduced herself.The police officer seemed to recognise her.

"Ms.Katherine isn't it?, my sister's son is studying in your class" the police officer said to her but Katherine couldn't smile in return she just looked at her feet, feeling utmost embarrassed by the situation.