Shocking

Angelina's POV

As expected David took me into a fancy restaurant wherein the ambiance itself shouted the cost of food that's going to be served for us. I actually dream of owning such a restaurant some day, but I am sure that's impossible.I sat opposite to David while he ordered food for us, I didn't even hear what he ordered as I was completely drown in my thoughts.

"Do you realise I am here Darling ?, looks like you are in some other world" I could sense irritation in David's voice.

"I am sorry, just.. you know" I said feeling ashamed.

"Its okay" he threw at me his devilishly handsome smile.

"Its not okay" I say drinking water.

"Come here" he pulled my hand across the table "are you thinking about Reb's behaviour once she comes home?"

"Yea and also how will she react if I mention about moving in with you at mansion"

He just stares at me for a second "so are you not coming tonight?"

What a foolish man!, I don't even fathom why doesn't he even understand my situation.

"Maybe not, I will talk to Reb tonight and then.."

"What if she doesn't agree?" he says pausing a second as our food arrives.

"I don't think she will make a big scene out of it, just that she doesn't know how serious are we in our relationship that's all"

He remains silent and finishes his food very fast, I know he is angry ,any lover of course would expect their partner to reciprocate the same feelings as they shower on them, but I am always trying to run away from him, I just need some time thats all.

"Take your time Lina" David says as if reading my thoughts "I have been planning to go London anyway, once I am back tell me your decision"

I could visualise the sadness in his tone which made my heart ache.

"How long are you planning to go?"

"I will return only when You convince Reb and move into mansion" he said without looking at me.

I remained silent, these words really make me sad, he is not even saying that we shall together try , after all he is the only solace for me , I could just wave off all tiredness and could balance my emotional stress only by looking at his face, he is the only source with whom I could be happy and forget my stress.But he is behaving like a child.

David didn't talk either, once we finished eating,he paid the bill and took my hand in his as we walked outside.

"Nancy said it will take quite a time, I have a meeting to attend I shall drop you back at the court and attend the meeting in car" again saying this he didn't look at me.

I didn't want to apologise because I haven't done anything wrong, so I just tried to balance myself and followed him into his car.My silence was definitely frustrating David, but I can't give him false promises.

"Will call you once Reb comes out" I said getting down from the car, I too didn't look at his face.

He held my hand as I opened the car door

"You know I will be waiting for you right?" he said looking into my eyes.

"Yeah will call you"

I sighed heavily once he let my hand go, I got down from the car and didn't look back, after taking few steps I assumed that David left the premises and walked towards Nancy, I know I was rude that I didn't look back at him but I am helpless.

"Hi Nancy" I greeted her.

"Hi Angelina, right in time, here, this is the list" she placed an envelope in my hand "the list of charities in your area where Rebecca has to do services"

"This is very important Angelina , court specifically looks for the attendance, all the instructions are present in the envelope" she said sounding strict.

"Thanks Nancy, yes I will make sure Reb follows the process"

"Rebecca will be out soon , the girls went to collect their luggage"

"Okay" I said nervously, somehow I felt more worried than happy.

The girls one by one came out and the environment was filled with screams and emotional hugging between children and parents, I ran to Reb who was struggling with her suitcase, hugged her as tight as I can and both of us couldn't stop crying, we slowly moved with luggage out of the court premises and stopped near a bench outside the court hall.

I cleared the tears from Reb's face and patted her back "just forget everything darling, just take some deep breaths you will be fine"

"I am sorry mum, this won't be repeated again" she said between sobs.

I let her cry until she felt settled and took out my phone to dial David's number.Just then something strike my brain

Why don't I book a cab instead of bothering David again?, I want to push our relationship into Reb's brain a little slower, maybe tonight I shall discuss with her and then tomorrow invite David home for dinner and we both confess our relationship to children?.

Thinking that it's a brilliant Idea, I took out my phone to dial David's number but even after several calls he didn't answer.

Might be he is busy!

I looked at Rebecca who was lost in her thoughts and sighed a little!, there's no other choice so I booked a cab home immediately.

"Mom, how long is the cab away?" Rebecca asked after few minutes.

"Its showing 2 minutes darling"

Just then we observed a cab approaching us , we both dragged the luggage so that we can load into the cab comfortably.

The driver opened the boot and we both managed to put the luggage in car.Rebecca sat in the back seat and I took the front seat beside the driver, unknowing of the fact that a familiar person was indeed driving the cab

"Hello darlings, how are you both doing?"

Jumping in my seat hearing the familiar voice I looked at the driver's face in shock !

"Peter!"