Happy!

Angelina Pov

I cleared the sweat drops from my forehead and walked slowly towards the group of parents. I suddenly got startled as someone patted on my shoulder "hey!, how are you" the voice said.

I looked back and found Jinsy standing there "hey Jinsy I am good, I hope everything would be okay "

She smiled and rubbed my back "don't worry darling. God will not punish our innocent children, Nancy is the best lawyer, she did her homework well"

We discussed many other things as how to handle after the verdict and then suddenly we were all called in. I took out my phone and tried to dial David but Jinsy warned me not to use it.Reluctantly I turned into silent mode and followed her into the judgement room.The first thing I did as soon as I went into the court was to get a glimpse of Reb but the children were no where to be seen.

I immediately whispered to Jinsy " where is Reb?"

Jinsy whispered me back "children wouldn't be exposed to public, even though we are all parents and well wishers, children would be in a seperate room, they would watch the verdict through a television"

I was relieved to hear that the kids aren't humiliated but I was desperate to see Reb.

Suddenly everyone in the court room stood up and I observed a lady judge taking her position, she bowed to everyone and we all took our seats.As the prosecutor started reading the details of the case my heart pounded in its shell.

"Your honour this is a very rare case wherein the teenagers committed a crime in a foreign country These girls all are in their twelfth standard, they were sent to USA to attend a science meet on behalf of Our county and in return they have done the worst thing that any parent or teacher could think of, the girls do not even have any idea that how much money both parents and school have spent on this trip, your honour I request you to give a good punishment to these children so that they wouldn't repeat such a crime in future"

All parents looked worried at each other as the public prosecutor spoke so many other bad things about kids as if they were notorious criminals.her heartless words againt children made all the parents worried.But suddenly Nancy stood up when the judge looked at her to give her version, I wondered how will she defend?, whatever the other lawyer said is true.

"Your honour Its true that these children have committed a mistake but their intentions were to return back the items and they just wanted to do something for fun.I request your honour to check the video footage from the shop wherein the kids were returning back with the things they took it from shop and place them in original place"

Nancy took a remote and started playing the cctv footage on a big screen, Everyone looked at the screen and I appreciated the way Nancy spoke about the kids, never mentioning the words, theft or thief.The footage luckily showed exactly what Nancy described and I could observe the smile on all of the parents faces. I smiled in return looking at them.After few more displays of proper evidence it looked like the jury was convinced that the children haven't committed any crime in this case, but we were all sitting there biting our nails and fingers crossed.

Nancy continued again "Your honour, this footage clearly shows that there is no particular evidence that these children have stolen them and took home, it was just an act of fun, but according to Usa officials it was still an offence, I request you to consider their age and innocence and not to punish them as they are all very close to reach their goals in life"

The judge nodded to her statement.

"We shall take a recess of ten minutes and then announce the verdict" the judge said standing up and we all stood up to show our respect. I went out and quickly took my mobile to call David.

"Hey darling how is it going?" he said taking my call within first ring.

"All good David, are you still around"

"Yeah, are you okay?"

"Yes and No, pray for my Reb David"

"Our Reb okay?, nothing will happen, I am sure you will take her home without any doubt"

"Right noted David, you can go home if you are tired sitting in the car, it looks like this will take lot of time"

"And you know I wouldn't go, just don't bother about me okay, love you and listen I have a meeting to attend to okay, bye"

I smiled over the screen "sure, bye"

My heart filled with love after hearing to his words.The ten minute break was soon finished and we all took out seats.Nancy smiled at me giving me a thumbs up as I looked at her sadly.

"Don't worry" she mouthed me and I nodded yes.

The judge came back and adjusted her mike, my heart stopped a beat for a second, I just couldn't take the tension.

"The court believes that these Children who tried to steal the cosmetics and clothes from the shop in USA was just an act of fun filled with naughtiness, but according to Juvenile laws children should still have to go through some punishment which would teach them a lesson not to repeat such things in future. As part of that the children wouldn't be put behind bars but they have to undergo counselling with the government appointed psychiatrist and also they have to serve at the Charity organisations for at least six weeks without fail, since these are school going children and have been excellent in their studies. Children would be advised to work at the charity during the weekends, if they fail to do so they would have to pay 20k$ fine" she bet the hammer on her desk and I shuddered in my place.All the parents stood up and cheered at the verdict congratulating each other and thanking Nancy.

I couldn't control my tears as I looked at Jinsy and Nancy.They gave me a thumbs up, as I sighed in relief. soon everyone started leaving the room .

"Congratulations Angelina, you should sleep well now" Jinsy patted on my shoulder and I couldn't stop crying.

"Honestly speaking Jinsy without you and Nancy this wasn't possible, thank you so much"

"Its alright"

"Angelina, Jinsy" Nancy came to us all smiling "okay before you thank me, just letting you know the procedure before the children come home, it will take lots of time so its better you both go and grab some lunch, by the way Jinsy you can go home, Angelina's presence is only required here"

Jinsy smiled at her words " gosh!, thank you !,I better go school and mind my business, Angelina the school will surely miss Rebecca but I am helpless in this case, take her home today, we can discuss about joining new school on Monday"

"Sure Jinsy, thanks again" I gave her a half hug thanking her again.Both the ladies left their own way and I wondered how would I grab a lunch here. I decided to just sit in the park as I didn't feel like eating anything.

As I walked a few steps I could feel someone patting on my shoulder.

"Hey!" I said looking at David standing there.

"Hey! Love, lets go and get some lunch" he said holding my hand.

"Okay, I thought you were busy and didn't want to disturb you, but where will we go"

"Hmm, we can check while driving, I know you are starving but just lazy to walk around isn't it?" he said all smiling and kissing on my hair.

"Right and I know that you definitely would come and drag me somewhere to have lunch" I said all smiling and laughing.

"Oh really?, what will you do if I don't come at all?"

"Seriously David, I would just sit here and think of how to handle Reb after going home" I said holding back my tears.

"Lina, as long as I am here with you, you need not worry about anything, everything will be fine"

That's what bothers me David!, you don't understand, Reb wouldn't accept our relationship easily!, No matter what, I am the one who's going to suffer in this journey!.

I silently smiled at his words as a reply and followed him to eat some food even though I wasn't feeling hungry at all!