Part 6

One week later

Angelina's POV

"Mummy pasta for breakfast again!, why are you playing with my life like this?"Rebecca shouted so loud at the dining table that George has literally closed his ears.

"Reb!, its George's birthday today , he loves Pasta, that's why I made pasta for him, we can order pizza for tonight" I said trying to calm her down.I am really upset with the way nowadays Rebecca shouts at everyone in the home.

"So what?, I don't care if it's his birthday or not, I need some good breakfast too,okay fine so it's George's birthday you made pasta, I like pizza and you never made it for my birthday right?" she said even in a more louder voice.

"Rebecca I do not know how to make Pizza" I said controlling my anger.

"Wow! Says who , who runs a cafe in the industrial area, mom!, you are lucky that you made this statement here, if you say the same thing outside people will laugh at you" Rebecca started insulting me, which I couldn't take anymore.

"We don't sell pizzas at cafe, we sell only coffee ...and what did you say?, people would laugh at me isn't it?, can't you talk politely to your mom at least once in a while Reb" I said gritting my teeth.Her words were actually killing from inside.Rebecca never spoke to me this way before her father's death.She was always polite and kind to me.The daily quarrel between us is making this home nothing but a hell.

"Oh wow!, if we ask anything of our choice we aren't talking politely isn't it?, can't I just eat whatever I like in this home?, this is so rude" She glared at George took her bag and left the house.

I looked helplessly in the direction which she left.George finished his pasta , packed his school bag and waved me bye before boarding the bus.Today I texted Peter that I would be coming late as it's George's birthday. I wanted to plan for his party in the evening, just me , Lisa and Reb.But Rebecca left the home angrily and George looked disappointed.

I sometimes get scared thinking about Rebecca. I am not sure where will she end up because of this attitude. I need to talk to her teachers in school about her behaviour in the class.

Taking a deep breath and calming my nerves down I placed a good amount of pasta in a bowl. I ate it silently thinking about both the children.I packed the left over in a box and placed in the refrigerator. I looked at the wall clock and realised there is no bus until next one hour. I switched on the TV and started watching the news.

"The famous Millionaire David has acquired yet another Prestigious project. The construction company has acquired such an important and dynamic project which any other company would dream for..." the news reader was continuously talking something but the news didn't reach my ears well.All I could observe on the screen was only the devilishly handsome David's smile. I have never dreamt in my life that such a big celebrity would save my life.

I couldn't take off my eyes from TV screen.He was wearing a grey suit , a white shirt, probably all of them are designer wear.Of course it would be what a fool I am to think otherwise.Anyways it was just an accident I don't think he would ever recognise me or my family members if at all we get a chance to meet. I just laughed to myself for my stupid thinking.

Few more minutes passed and I decided to walk a little and then catch the bus. I quickly dialled Lisa's number to lighten up my mood.

"Hey Lina, sorry was busy in the morning, did George leave to school already?"

"Don't call me Lina I am Angelina okay? , and what kind of question is it?, its 10am , he left already" I said pretending to be angry.

"I am sorry was busy with my new project work whole night, anyways what's the plan for the evening?"