chapter four - boos? sill? soll?

I floated inside and went the other way the others went, no use in following them when I one, already knew what happens and two, could get blackmail. it wasn't much but it was honest work, there might be something in there I might be able to use that the show didn't well, show. I went from door to door making quick peeks into the door and then turning around to go to the next. 

door, close, turn, door. this process repeated. I found nothing but childhood memories and stuff that was shown in the show, maybe this guy only remembers important things. 

OH WAIT! there is a door just for fears upstairs I believe, maybe I could check out that.

I turn around and start trekking the staircase up to the lit-up crate. (as I learned that floating means I have to always imagine me floating at the very moment in the back of my mind or I will fall. yeah, not fun)

I'm sure by now the twins already discovered that bill has shape shifted into Soos. at that moment I heard a very recognizable voice. 

"hey dude, watcha doin' up here?"  I turned around to see Soos behind me, although I'm pretty sure its the bill-Soos and not the Soos-Soos. maybe I should just test the waters?

"well bill, why aren't you down there getting the code?" I said trying to find a way into the fear-box. "also can you even open this damn thing?"

"one, how did you even know it was me?" bill-Soos asked, well I guess that gut feeling was right.

"meh, I'm pretty sure Soos would be trying to look at stupider memories of stan then actually help."

"two, I thought you where much smarter then all of them and could lead me to it." he said listing.

"well, in some forms your not wrong. I COULD lead you too it but I'm a bit busy doing this:" I said waving my hand over the fear-crate trying to open it.

"lastly, you cant open something that was locked by the owner" bill stated, not realizing his mistake.

"so your saying, if I wanted to, I could lock all my memories so you couldn't access it?" I asked innocently

"no- I-. dang it kid, your smarter than you look." he gave up a bit. well that was easy.

"cool, flatteries fun an' all but you need to go get that code if you want to advance in your whole plan thingy, so I think you should head downstairs." I stated walking back down to memory lane. guess I don't get any blackmail. maybe until the portal opens I can use that as blackmail? meh. 

I looked behind me to see that bill-Soos was gone, and down the hall I heard a very iconic laugh and a very, very, iconic phrase:

"its funny how dumb you are."

I rushed down the hall into the place where bill was floating with the door.

why is everybody cowering in the back? I mean just snatch the door from his hands? would that work? like I get it he's a demon and all but say if they learned bout the mind earlier would it have worked?

"oh yeah!" Mabel started "well your a stink face!" 

"awesome comeback Mabel!" Xyler said

"don't treat me like a child Xyler." Mabel protested.

"later suckers!" bill said for the 2nd time, zooming up the stairs.

"come on! we got to save stan!" Mabel said using her hand to gesture to come to her. 

"what's the point." dipper said, coming downstairs looking emo. "why should I save him huh? I work for stan day and night and all he says in return is that he wants to get rid of me!"