chapter thirty-six - planning

it had been about a week later and bill came to visit me in my room while we discussed exactly what we would do and how we would carry it out to prevent most of the problems that could happen, but then we ran into a problem.

time baby.

despite the fact his ashes were somewhere in this goddamn town his words still kept coming back to haunt me.

what if the rift destroys this dimension? what do we gain from that? go to the next dimension, reck havoc there, then destroy it too? that does not sound like a very good plan for anybody's mental health.

also, time baby mentioned something else, my existence in this world causes abnormalities. does that mean I'll have to leave? what if by the fact that I'm here I might accidently kill bill? what happens if I do? what about those other strange people that approached me before weirdmageddon, are they like me too? 

god this is getting so complicated. 

maybe I shouldn't have stuck around. hell, what if I-

"-/n you're doing it again." bill stated, jabbing me in the elbow and waking me up from my train of thoughts.

"Oh uh. sorry? what were we talking about?" I ask looking towards him. 

"You wanted to use the pendant to go home, didn't you? and while I don't exactly want you to leave, it's important we discuss it before you make any harsh decisions." 

"I guess you're right" I sigh sliding deeper into the couch.

"Why do you even want to leave anyway? we have everything we could ever need. a castle, loyal subjects, hell! even our own dimension." bill asks waving his hand around and making little holograms to represent the words he just said.

"Heh, I'm scared I guess." I laugh before sighing and looking away from him. "I'm not sure I enjoy this anymore, honestly its stressing me out. like for example, how did I get here? why am I here? what if I blow up the multiverse? what if you die? then I'll be all alone!" I finish, burying my face into my knees. "Honestly, I'm just terrified, maybe we should do it after we deal with the rift? then deal with what time baby said about me?" 

"Alright then, but how will we handle the rift if we don't want to end weirdmageddon?" bill askes, which was the question what keep repeating in my brain.

"I'm not sure, that's what I'm trying to figure out." I said flopping down and staring at the ceiling. "Like I want to still take the chaos worldwide, but I also don't want to explode the universe." wait a minute... "ACTUALLY I HAVE AN IDEA!"

"Oh?" 

"What was the EXACT words that time baby said?" I ask looking over at him.

"Word for word?" bill asked.

"Word for word." I stated. 

"If yOuR riFt in thIs dImENsiOn COnTInuEs it cOuld dEStroy tHE very fABric of ExisteNCe!"bill mocked, the top part of his body shifting to look like time baby's face. (Very strange sight) 

"Okay this makes little room for loopholes." I stated, thinking, tapping my lap in deep thinking. "Could you explain to me the basis of the rift?" I ask looking back at him. 

"Basically, the rift is what remained from the portal that I had ford built. it serves as a gateway between realms and such." bill explains quickly.

"Okay I can work with this." I stated pulling out a sheet of paper and a pencil. "a gateway normally can open and close right? so if the rift is an intergalactic gateway, we should be able to close it without having to destroy it. it would prevent us from doing certain things, but we would be able to keep weirdmageddon going." I draw a small example for bill as he listens to me, it was clear he was going over the statistics of that working out in his mind. 

"Welp! that seems like that's our best option despite the 45.87% chance at failure!" bill exclaimed excited. "let's do it!" 

"Well, you seem quite excited about that." I commented. "And can I ask what failure would look like?"

"Well, everything backfiring and the whole nightmare realm being released into the small space of gravity falls of course!" 

"Oh. how fun." I blankly stated. "And how are we going to 'close the gate'?" I ask. 

"That will be my job due to the fact you're a mortal human, which a very weak compared to dream demons." 

"Wow, thanks, it's like I chose my parents." I stated sarcastically. "So, what will I be doing?"

"Your job will be to guard my physical body from anything that might harm it and also keep the henchmen in line." bill explained. 

"Does this mean what I think it does?" I ask giddily. 

"Yep, you can use the fear-a-mid for whatever you want. have fun kid." bill states opening a portal to right outside the rift opening. 

"Wait now?" I ask surprised with the sudden exit. 

"The sooner the better, try not to destroy the brick walls, those take a while to re-form." bill explains before stepping through the portal and leaving his physical form behind. 

"No promises- oh your stone now." 

a/n:

unless you're in my discord you likely didn't know how long this took to write, but thanks to authors JirouShxnx and Somethingstupid12345 (sorry not sorry for the ping) for help with this chapter.