chapter seven - code cracking' with Pinetree

I turned around to see dipper behind me holding his journal.

"uhh" I look at him "would you believe me if I said that I wanted to check up on you guys?"

"not after you ditched us."

"fair point." I said stretching my arms over my head as I watch my sleeves fall down.

"what's that?" dipper asked looking at my arm.

"what's what?

"that, on your arm."

"oh some code thing that got burned into it."

"can I see it?" he asked curious 

"sure, I wasn't going to solve it until later today anyway."

"want to take this to inside the shack?" he asked

"sure, I'm sore from sleeping outside anyway." I stated like that's a normal thing

"what?!" he screamed.

"sacrifices were made" I said blankly

"oh my god! did you get like attacked or anything?" 

"if a gnome hitting on me and being bitten by mosquitos count, then yes."

"I'm not gonna ask."

"good."

we awkwardly stared at each other for a bit.

"soooo are we gonna like solve that code?"

"oh yea!" he pulled on my arm and led me inside and up to the attic/his bedroom where he laid journal three on his bed.

"HEY DIPSTICK-" Mabel said busting through the door. "- is that the mysterious lady?" she whispered in his direction.

"uh hi?" I asked 

"my name's Mabel if you forgot! I'm the person you went into stan's mind with! you didn't tell me your name."

"yes, I know. also my name is Y/n"

"ooh~ pretty!" she said "with a name like that you must have a lot of boys~"

"what-" 

"don't mind her" dipper tried to laugh it off "she thinks every women she meets with a mildly good name has had twenty plus boyfriends" dipper said like it was a normal thing.

"oh. I see."

"so watcha two doing? some nerd stuff?" Mabel asked hopping onto her bed and flipping upside-down

"you could say that" I said holding out my arm for dipper to write down the numbers.

"alright so this code is a number to letter also known as A1Z26"

"yeppers"

"okay how about you do the first paragraph and I do the second to take up less time?" dipper says

"I don't see a issue with that."

we got to work while Mabel started ranting about boys while dipper complained and I ignored her while working. something I soon discovered is while A1Z26 is simple enough it takes a very long time to decode.

"what did you get?" dipper asked.

"I'm decoding the last line give me a moment sherlock." I said looking at my paper intensely

"really? a nickname?" dipper said unamused

"hey, its better than what your sister calls you."

"true that."

"HEY!" Mabel shouts while I solve the last few.

"okay, I got some weird prophecy thing:" I paused and started reciting
"child of the multiverse,
 got here by a curse.
 ultimate weapon,
 they all beckon,
 try to get on her good side"

"mine says: 
 cipher's weakness,
 she's his meekness.
 pines will try to correct their wrongs,
 give what rightly belongs.
 in the end her word is law" dipper says

oh okay. uh. this is clearly about me. great. not sure why the choice of words was multiverse but whatever. 

"looking at this poem closely it seems to be a prophecy of sorts that involves some mystery person" dipper said 

"mhm." I said moving sitting up only to lay back down on the bed with my stomach facing the ceiling.

"so what are we gonna do about it?" dipper asked looking down at me. "maybe try to find the person they are talking about?"

"just wait I guess? I don't know" I sighed kicking my legs up in deep thought. I really don't need to be this involved in the story but its too late to go back. curse you giant ego.

"anyway, why where you sleeping in the forest?" dipper asked after a long pause of silence 

"are you homeless?" Mabel asked, blunt as fuck.

"Mabel!" dipper said as I gave off a light laugh.

"no no, She's somewhat right. when I 'fell out of the sky' I have reason to believe I was teleported here." I said giving a half-truth half-lie

"hey we should ask stan if you can stay here!" Mabel said

"ask me what?" stan said, entering the room at the perfect moment. "oh its that random lady."

"can she stay? please gruncle stan?" Mabel begged, i swear you could see the puppies in her puppy dog eyes.

"I don't know.."

"I can work here at the mystery shack and you can pay me in letting me stay here at the shack." I said

"hmmm" stan thought. "why not." well, that was easy.

"where will I be sleeping?" I ask tilting back and forth on my feet.

"we have two extra spaces downstairs that could be turned into bedrooms."

"that being?"

"we have a random room or you could transform the parlor." stan said

"I'll take the parlor, I like doing my own decorating." I wasn't going to take ford's future room! I mean just think of how much that could tamper with the timeline! 

"I'll take you to it!" Mabel said grabbing my sleeve and pulling me downstairs and into the parlor.

"its a little dusty but I can work with it, got any sleeping bags?" I ask looking around inspecting to make sure there wouldnt be any dried wax close to where im trying to sleep.

"yeah! let me get you one!" Mabel said sprinting out of the room and coming moments back with a sleeping bag. she helped me decorate my room with extra things she found in the attic like a old table and chairs, a mirror, a rug, a couple pillows, and some boy-band posters that was a 'necessity' (as she said) after a few hours of decorating she realized the time and let me be. I looked around and remembered something very important...

MIRRIOR, RIGHT. well, left actually.

I pulled my shirt in such a way that my left shoulder would be exposed and turned my head to look at the mirror, on my left shoulder was a snake tattoo. 

great. despite the fact it looks cool I have numbers on my arm and a snake on my shoulder. talk about a icebreaker. "hey! I got a prophecy burned into my arm by a fucking tree and a demon put a snake tattoo on my shoulder!" but that's okay because at least his random writing on my hand is gone!

I sighed and put my arms up in defeat and tucked myself into the sleeping bag, I might have been sleeping on the floor but it was MUCH better than the woods. so improvement? maybe in my free time I could try to build a cabin or something... or I could be lazy and make a deal with bill... or I could be smart and make other people owe me favors and build me a free cabin.

or I could sleep.

yeah, that to.