chapter twenty-one - the plot thickens.

can we all agree that the tale of two stans was boring? no? okay. well it is in real life when you have to sit through hours of backstory. I mean, it started off kinda funny but now its just... what's the word? depressing? pathetic? pitiful? either way, I have no idea what I should do. should I hide? go to sleep? stay awake? do nothing and pretend I died? wait no, scratch that, that would be very difficult for me to do jack shit if I died.

"finally! after all these long years of waiting! your finally here! brother!" stan said, holding his hands out for a hug, ford immediately punches him. he complains and ford goes on a rant about the portal.

and this is where I tune out...

yo bill you there?

'yeah, why?'

sweeeet, I'm bored.

'then don't be, bully a child or something.'

but I have to wait for weirdmageddon to do that without getting in trouble!

'you practically killed that one puppet guy, Gabe was it?'

and? he doesnt count

'I-'

wordless huh.

'no, its just that I realized your going to be an amazing queen of  the universe from that comment alone..'

was that a confession of your undying love for me?

'the closest thing your getting to one.'

I can deal with that.

no response, is he embarrassed? or can he not think of a more witty response then mine? I impatiently tapped my foot on the floor of the basement looking up only after being tapped aggressively on the shoulder.

"y/n! you there?" Mabel said waving her hand in front of my face

"oh! yeah, what is it?" I said looking up quickly, like I was caught doing a crime.

"we are greeting our newest gruncle!"

"oh yeah," I turned to face ford "I'm y/n, nice to meet you. I'm excited to learn all about your journeys in what lays beyond that portal" I held out my hand to shake, ford looked at me with a look of recognition, my job might be easier than I thought. he hesitantly shook it and went back to talking to the rest of the pines family. (+ Soos)

I looked down at the ground while I kicked at the pebbles and rubble on the floor and played a game of soccer with my feet, right foot vs left foot. I only looked up when dipper screamed about the journals, but even then I quickly went back to my fake game of rock soccer. 

"I heard talking! it was coming from downstairs." 

and this is the part where I stay down here so Stanley can't kick me out. actually, the more I think about it I'm going to wait for ford to come talk to me.

that way I can try to play the 'w-what do you mean? I-I never even have seen h-him' card then have ford tell me: 'yeah no I see right through you' then I 'confess' that he 'tortures' me. THEN I get bill to possess me. fuck yeah I like that plan better. speaking of which... 

yo bill

'is that all your going to start your greetings with?'

I don't see why not. ANYWAY I'm going to need you to possess me soon

'how can you say that with a straight face?'

that's a good question, anyway, I'll tell you when I need you, keep your mind open and your eye peeled.

we both went silent while I planned further action in my mind, after mapping out my main ideas I focused back on the group only to discover I was alone in the basement. I slowly crept out of it and sneaked out of the shack and headed back to my cabin.

I creaked open the door that lead inside of it and smoothed the carpet in the living room (as the corner had been lifted up) before I plopped onto my bed and tucked myself into the sheets, tossing and turning only to discover I was feeling restless.

I hopped out of bed grabbing a water bottle and started to fill it up, cringing at the noise because of it. (after all, everything is much louder at night. why? some weird science thing, I don't remember.) I then grabbed a map of the town that I had found at one point in time at the mystery shack's cash register. (of course the shack itself took up most of the map, no doubt Stanley designed it himself)

I twisted the cap back onto the water bottle and started my trek to the lake next to my cabin. (and a walk away from the mystery shack) looking around me making sure I wasn't being followed by anybody in the town or a weird new creature I have never heard of. I looked down at the map then looked up and walked a bit more to see a beautiful lake that shimmered in the moonlight standing before me.

I climbed up a nearby hill and sat down, letting my feet dangle looking over the lake sometimes hitting the rocks on the side of the cliff. suddenly a bright flash of purple light came from behind me and I could hear footsteps, I jerked around and stood up.

"who ever is there make my life easier and show yourself." I said, moving my arms around comedically, I looked in the direction that I heard the steps, I moved closer after barely making out the shape of a human, I ran towards it at a sudden pace to scare it out of the woods and into my sight, after a bit of chasing I made out the figure of a woman.

a woman that looked just like me.

she tripped over a root while I walked slowly towards her she looked exactly the same as me, the only difference was purple horns that looked similar to ones of a dragon on top of her head and a long tail that also resembled a dragon. 

"are you just going to stand there or are you going to explain why you look like me?" I said looking at her sternly. 

"oh god how many of there are you!?" the look-alike exclaimed, clearly pissed but also confused.

"of me? are we not going to talk about how you appeared out of nowhere?!" I shouted before calming down. "here, let me start off for you, my name is y/n."

"you mean y/nGFAU2?" she said crossing her arms in a pouting matter like a jealous child.

"GFAU2? there's more of me like GFAU1? is that why you look like me?" I said, eyebrows raising slightly, trying to mask my confusion.

"yep, y/nDAU at your service miss, but most call me Purpura to avoid confusion" she got up and bowed at me.

"what's with the bowing?"

"one, that's how I was raised in my universe. two, every y/n is ranked in a pyramid based on how close they are to the original." 

"okay so by that logic y/nOG would be the original, whose that then?" 

"well- uh- the most original version of you?"  she stuttered. no shit, really?

"I'll take that as a 'I'm not meant to know'" I sighed she nodded rapidly

suddenly a different version of me came rushing beside her, she was dressed in black from head to toe, with a sort of sliver metal with a red painted rim on her shoulders and knee caps, she wore brown combat boots and had slots for daggers placed on her legs, she looked Purpura over carefully glared at me then helped her open a portal and left, all while only mutter two words:

"damn Snakes."

then I woke up.

what was that? okay lets think logically most dreams in stories like this always have meaning, at the very least I can assume I'm not the main character because I'm not the highest- oh wait, right, every main character starts at the bottom. this makes me angry, I just wanted to look at the water.

FUCK YOU FURRY VERSION OF MYSELF MAKING ME QUESTION MY LIFE MEANING!

on a different note, I'm going to bed, I'm too tired for this. night.