chapter thirty-eight - that's one important plot hole solved.

I surprisingly actually managed to sleep last night, but despite this, I was woken up way too early for my standards by pyronica knocking on my door. 

"Hey! y/n, was it?" she asks, peering into my room and seeing my very... interesting get-up that i gained from getting straight out of bed. I nodded in response. "Since you decided to take time out of your day to bring us a way to make boring human stuff more entertaining for us, we decided to do the same for you!" pyronica exclaims happily, dragging me by the wrist to the main room to discover a wide selection of plastic bright white tables littering the room. 

"what's this?" I ask looking around and spinning myself in the process. 

"Teeth once ate this one human's bracelet and they broke down into tears because of it. after an explanation it was a 'friendship bracelet' I think." 

"Alright..." I trailed off trying to figure out what they were getting at, before briefly realizing it. 

"And we did research, and apparently it's a way humans like to form a strict pact within their allies. so, we did more research and apparently most human teenage girls know how to make them, and you're a former human teenage girl so we thought you could teach us!" Pyronica exclaims, before whispering in my ear like a middle schooler telling the hottest gossip. "Also, I think some of the henchmen have things for each other and I learned it can also be used in couples." 

I gave a light chuckle to that, not expecting that from her, but also still expecting it. 

"What type of bracelet do you want to do? we could use string, rubber bands, or beads." I state. 

"Oo! there is multiple types?!"  pyronica asks, jumping up and down. 

"Yep, but I'll warn you I can't do one of them really well. so, we might just fail miserably all together." I finish, pyronica thinks a moment. 

"let's do beads! like the one on your hand right now." she states pointing at my wrist. oh right, I forgot bill gave this to me. 

I start to fidget with the night and day bracelet while trying to come up with a way to twist the beading idea that the henchmen might like it more, before ultimately failing. 

"Alright, do you guys already have the beads?" I ask looking at the group, they all nod and present to me little bags of beads that you might find in the craft section of a dollar tree.  The beads where multiple gory things like eyeballs, guts, and skulls along with normal solid colors and beads that looked glittery along with a few childish looking multicolored shape beads. "This will work perfectly! but uh, we need string." at those words 8-ball pulled out a long thing of pitch-black string. "That will do." I shrugged. 

we all gathered around one of the plastic tables and the group watched intensely as I demonstrated how to put in the beads without them falling out. by the end of the hour the whole group had their own bracelets. (Albeit pyronica's beads were melted, and xanthar's bracelet only had 5 beads due to him having difficultly placing them in.) 

after our little group session, I had gone up to the tip of the 'party pyramid' (as one of my old friends once called it when I showed them the show.) and looked out to see the rift was getting smaller and smaller while also curling like a Shrinky dink being put in the oven. 

soon, the rift was extremely small and bright blue transparent chains wrapped around the rift and rolled it up like a newspaper. from there what I assumed was bill came out from the rift. (I couldn't fully tell considering I wasn't in the mindscape, but you could feel a disturbance of sorts in the air. not sure how else to discribe it.) soon after that I could hear a loud banging coming from my room close to where I hid the deadly box trap. 

yep, bill's back. 

I went to underneath my bed and used magic (for safety reasons) to pull out the box and open it, then disabling the trap. bill emerged from the box, growing to a more reasonable size, then dusting himself off. 

"Yanno kid, as much as I am proud of you for coming up with such an amazing idea for a trap. did you really have to make it so hard to escape?" bill asked, joking but still in a deadpan tone. 

"No not really. also, if you hate that you should see what I did to your wall." I stated, returning the joke. 

"haha, very fu- WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY WALL?" bill asks, turning to see the damage before I grabbed his hand.

"Before you try to kill me, take this peace sign as a bribe." I state, sliding on a friendship bracelet I made for him, one with a stupid yellow triangle in the middle and blue sparkly beads to the right and solid black ones to the left, making it somewhat match mine. 

"it's... nice." bill says trying to figure out what sort of magical handcuffs I had put on him before realizing I was returning a favor and giving me an eye-smile. "Also, you have three seconds to run in return for this gift." he said, going back to the topic of the broken wall. 

my eyes widened and I wasted no time sprinting out of my room and slamming the door. 

"One..." bill counted.

I ran through the halls past the other sub-rooms we created for the henchmen despite them not needing sleep.

"Two..." 

I ran through the main hall, trying to get to the training room so I could hide. 

"Three." bill finished. "Ready or not here I come~" 

A/n: turns out i skipped publishing this chapter. woops.