chapter thirty-four - what a nice happy reunio- HA NOT ON MY WATCH

recently on all walls are meant to fall: 

"Oh, it's simple!" I state, in my full outfit, walking up to them from behind. "Just pull out mayor Taylor and the whole thing will come crumpling down, I would know I helped set this bad baby up after all."

"Thank you-" dipper says before everybody turns around in shock. "Who?!"

-

"Damnit, why is everybody always forgetting I exist! you've even encountered me a few times before! how much of an idiot are you?" I complained looking up to the ceiling.

"Wait- Lynda?!" dipper asks stepping away slowly and backing up.

"I said we would meet again didn't I pine tree?" I ask snapping my fingers and one of the floor stones from the fear-a-mid raises letting me lean on it.  "So, are you going to save your uncle or not? clock's ticking." I ask, gesturing towards bill beating up the Shacktron. 

at my little speech dipper nodded and ran to collapse the throne causing everybody to tumble down and everybody giving random little tid-bits of complaints, trauma, and other such joys. 

"Wendy!" the family proclaims. 

"Guys!" Wendy returns. 

everybody starts to have a nice little reunion until ford unfreezes. 

"Kids! ah you did it! I knew I could count on you two!" ford cries out, overjoyed before Mcgucket walks over. "Fiddleford... I-I I haven't seen you since we've parted ways. you must hate me..." he trails off and looks down in shame.

"I've tried forgetting... maybe I should try forgiving." Fiddleford states, looking up at him. "come 'ere old friend." 

"Hey good to see ya too bro, now let's get out of here huh?" stan complains.

"Listen grunkle ford, we don't have a lot of time. remember when you told me right before you were frozen that you knew bill's weakness?" dipper asked.

"Yeah! a secret way to defeat him?" Mabel asks. 

"You know, it's not very wise to discuss your plans when the enemy is in the room." I state using some of bill's tips to float up towards the group and surprisingly didn't embarrass myself by falling over (like I have done countless times before in the training room). "And to answer your question, ford DID know a way to defeat bill... but uh, let's say I made it impossible." 

everybody gasped and turned to me ford whispered to them while looking in my direction and glaring at me. 

"Wow fordsy, it's awfully rude to talk about your host behind their back, so watcha talking about? I want to know all the juicy gossip!" I teased floating closer to the group only for ford to reach out to my face to pull off my mask, making me step back quickly.

I sigh and the group touch my mask briefly, making sure it's still on before talking again. "yanno, I kind of expected that." I sighed, irritated, pinching my nose. "Back to the topic on hand, bill's coming and you guys don't have a plan. I can change that." 

"You?! help us! you screwed us over in the first place!" ford exclaimed.

"Yes, I basically just said that." I deadpanned before turning to ford, trying to ignore the fact that my heart just broke from Mabel. "So fordsy, have you caught on yet?"

"w-what?" ford stuttered before turning to look me in the eye.

"yanno, why this dimension is technically screwed, and you can't get rid of bill now." I bluntly state, waving my hand around. 

"it's Gideon... isn't it?" ford asked before a loud crash could be heard from outside. 

"Woo! give him a hand he connected the dots!" I state, snapping my hands and forcing everybody to clap before stopping, the group looks around in shock and terror.  

"Grunkle ford what is she talking about?" dipper asked getting up from comforting a scared and frightened Mabel. 

"The only way for us to defeat bill now was to use a prophecy that I had found many years ago in a cave with ten symbols that I had only recognized some of them and some now, basically, each symbol stood for a person and.... she..." 

"Spit it out old man." I demanded, crossing my arms. "If you're going to talk trash about me hurry up, you don't have much longer until bill gets here." 

"She killed one of the members of the circle." ford finished quickly at my minor threat.

"To be fair, I was originally going to make Mabel kill dipper by convincing her that dipper was possessed by bill and the only way to free him was to kill bill inside the body, but that would have been a little cruel." I shrugged, protesting my point. "Also, a very time-consuming setup"

 "How is that any better?!" ford asked glaring at me.

"it's not, which is why I didn't do it." I rolled my eyes "anyway continue." 

"Ford... who did she kill?" Mabel asks.

"Gideon." ford stated, his confidant voice breaking. 

"Gideon... oh. oh no. so he really didn't- he didn't get to-" dipper shuttered, realizing what happened to him after he gave them the key. 

"Well, you can't completely only blame me, I mean, you guys are the one that freed Mabel making him sacrifice himself. also, not to mention, he got his hands on the pendant ford made for ME so it's only right I take back what's mine."  after I finished that an even louder crash was heard from outside and everybody cringed. "Anyway, he wasn't that important anyway, so here's a thought for you, I can convince bill to let you guys live in peace as one of his subjects and none of you will be targeted as his enemies." I turned to dipper. "Remember the prophecy with my sister?"

he nods meekly.

 "Yeah, the whole cipher's weakness bit? I kind of have her trapped here so uh, good luck with that!" I finish as bill enters the room and everybody becomes terrified. "Speak of the devil and he shall appear." lastly, I turn to the pine brothers. "One more thing, you would have lost either way today, and your relationship is the reason, either way you would have screwed this up for this whole damn town." I sigh and shake my head in disappointment "frankly, it's stupid." I looked back up. "Welp, have fun guys! I'll be watching the whole interaction like a play!" 

"Oh no! its bill!" bill states, twirling a totem pole like his cane. "Right? isn't that all what you're thinking?" he asks looking at the group before turning to me and mumbling a quick thank-you to me, clearly from overhearing some of my monologue.