chapter twenty-eight - magic lessons with everybody's favorite triangle.

it didn't take long for everybody to settle into the Fear-a-mid. 

apparently, there was only one bedroom in the entire thing because according to bill: "demons don't need sleep like you puny flesh bags do." but come to think of it, I'm just glad that he remembered that this tiny flesh bag does need sleep, pretty thoughtful of him frankly.

also, my bedroom is the tip of the pyramid, how fucking cool is that? I get a piano I can't play and a flesh couch! (I named him Jerold the 4th the ruler of bleps.) what could be better?!

after that Gideon (somehow) managed to come by and bill put him in charge of Mabel's bubble after going over it with me, and while I didn't tell him everything I was planning, I did tell him it was important that Gideon had the key.

of course, I didn't tell him that Gideon would betray him though.

even I'm not sure if his acting skill will be that good if I tell him in advance. 

welp, you can never be too safe. 

those are dying words y/n. 

after that, bill taught me how to gain the respect of the demons. turns out, it was easier than I thought. all of the things he asked for I do on the daily basis, or at least most of them.

firstly, I had to be chaotic. (Or weird in this case.) this seems pretty self-explanatory considering they are demons. 

secondly, I had to participate with the group most of the time (Like family game nights!), if I was too distant, they would think I was planning something. 

lastly, was something I was working on at this very moment. 

I had to be powerful enough to command respect, if I was bill's right-hand man, I had to act like it. (Yanno, so I don't die or something, can't imagine that though.) 

which leads to our current predicament, I was now in one of the middle layers of the Fear-a-mid near where bill chased the twins in one of the later episodes, and I was now trying to dodge bill's speedy attacks.

"Pick up the pace, I'm not even trying, they would have eaten you alive by this point." bill commented smugly while drinking his weird purple goop from a martini glass with one hand and attacking me with seven others. 

"it's not my fault that human bodies have limits like these!" I complained dodging an arm by moving to the left while bill started to pick up the pace.

"Well, then make up for your stupid ancestors and other pathetic member of your race!" bill coaches. 

"I MAKE NO PROMISES!" I shout up to him, running to the upper right of the room and hiding behind a pillar to limit the damage done to me by the impact of his arm hitting the floor. 

"Alright times up." bill suddenly stops everything he was doing.

"What?" I bluntly state, blinking up at him. 

"If say, you were in a one vs one battle with somebody its always wise to assume you have a limited time before they call or backup and or backup arrives. Being aware that you only have so much time to defeat your enemy or run away will help you immensely."

after he finished his statement, I proceeded to collapse to the floor due to the adrenaline dying down. 

"Such a shame, and I thought I was going to teach you some illusionary magic at the basic levels today, but I guess your body will be too weak to handle it~." bill teased.

I sat up immediately. "You cannot drop a bombshell like that and get away with it mister, we are going to do those lessons even if I overwork myself and die in the process." 

"that's the spirt!" bill stated before his body shifted to normal, he then clapped twice and the room completely changed, the room became completely empty while also getting rid of all the pillars that used to be in the room.

"Where do we start?" I ask getting up from the floor and dusting off pillar dust from my pants. 

"Illusionary magic is considered one of the simpler forms of magic considering you are playing tricks on people's mind and not manipulating space, time, or matter to your will like other forms of magic. I can teach you those later on which will be a notable skill that will be helpful in combat or in case of a rebellion." bill stated, summoning a small pamphlet that seemed to give little word problems with examples of what to do like it was a math book for wizards. 

"That doesn't sound complex at all!" I jested.

"it's really not, besides playing tricks on people's minds are my specialty." 

"Fair enough." 

"Firstly, we are going to start with the boring stuff that nobody actually uses in the real world, like Polynomials!" 

"That being...?" 

"You are going to make a ball."

"What." 

"I mean, think of it. when you start off with most you start off with a ball. in animation maybe a ball bouncing up and down, in clay you start off with a ball for the base, in sketching you start off with a ball for the head or body, and in magic you start off with a ball as well." bill finished his statement with a smug look on his face.

"And how do I do that?"

"You use that" bill stated tapping my head with one of his fingers. 

"Next thing you know you'll be giving lessons in friendship." I state bluntly looking at him with a deadpan face. 

"I'm hurt!" bill states, putting a hand to his 'heart' and feigning offence. "Also, you can use this." he stated, tossing me the pamphlet, to which I caught it with one hand. 

"Sweet. thanks." I said flipping through the book to the table of contents then flipping to 'ball of light.' 

awe yes, the most basic and cliche magic spell in the history of all magic ever. 

I started to try as hard as I could to envision the little ball of grey smoke that was on the page. my face scrunched up then I realized how dumb I must have looked then tried to relax my face while also thinking of the ball forming in my hand.

slowly I opened my eyes to see a tiny wisp of green smoke that disappeared within a few seconds of seeing it. while I blankly stared at it, I could hear the sound of laughter coming from my right. 

"PFtt- I'm not sure what's funnier! the look on your face or that pathetic attempt!" 

"WELL, YOU TRY SOMETHING BETTER!" I retorted grumpily, crossing my arms. 

within seconds bill proved his point by making a colorful illusion of the town outside right now, it was like if a security camera was in 3d full color. my mouth dropped to the floor in awe, and I stared intensely at it before ducking under the illusion and putting my head into the middle of it to see what it would feel like out of curiosity only to discover it was like cold air in the middle of winter and quickly moved out of it. 

bill could not stop laughing after that. 

god, despite planning a freaking apocalypse I sure am an idoit.