chapter five - do you 'mind'?

I 'woke up' to black and white. that's the first thing that told me I was in the mindscape and not in my dreams (wait isn't that the same thing?). the second thing was that everything around me would be labeled 'chaos' with a neon sign and everything. notes floated around, lit candles flew (not a fire hazard. I think), a giant black snake slithered around the walls of the room, doors to my memoires cluttered the floor like well, a floor. random trinkets lined the walls and everything that would be in a normal version of the room I'm in (in this case my bedroom) was attached to the ceiling. I grabbed a floating piece of paper, made it blank, summoned a pen, and started writing:

to do (in order of importance):

1. don't die, pretty key thing. make sure in the end I have one ally of sorts that way if I do something (like I don't know, betray one) I still have one 'friend'

2. lock up all my memories so bill (and others) cant access them.

3. make a notebook on information of the characters. (motives and other important information.)

4. research 'weirdness bubble' and maybe get the equation? it could be something I could hold over bill's head. (might need to trick ford, I'm not that school smart.)

5. (this line was used to make the list look longer)

speaking of memories I need to lock those up before bill gets to them.

I started with looking for my biggest secrets, the things that could be used as blackmail, and mentally turned them into a memory safe, but then I realized 'hey, why don't I just store all of my memories into a memory vault that the key to it is in a memory?'

so I did just that. 

I figured that I could change my mindscape at least by a little, I walked out of the room and I was shocked by what I saw:

I was walking on air.

no, not like a 'I'm flying woOoo' no I was walking on air like a air-Jesus. but what was weird was my surroundings, it was in the darkest point of the night and the moon shined brightly above me. below me was the fun part though, it was just straight up lava, dead trees, and the souls of the damned. what type of mindscape is this, jeeeez.

I went back into my little room and summoned a whiteboard similar to the thing ford used when bill taught him about the supernatural and pulled up a chair and just stared at the whiteboard for a good few minutes. 

I feel like I need to write something down but I don't know what.

"maybe you should try your name?" a snarky voice replied from behind me. (what was the bet for again? 20 bucks? I forgot. it was 10 or 20.)

"oh hey bill, glad you could make it." I said without turning around, tapping the marker to my cheek in deep thought.

"I don't get it, I know nothing about you, but you know everything thing about me."

"well, for one thing I don't know EVERYTHING, just some basics." I said still staring at the whiteboard.

"like..?"

"axolotl poem, stuff journal three lists, little bit you wrote in dipper and Mabel's guide, etc." I said turning around to grab a pile of mental notes and go through them to see if I can find anything I was forgetting.

"that's the basics?" he said clearly impressed (for some reason not asking what the axolotl poem is, is it normal for dream demon's futures to be predicted by a godly salamander?)

"is in my world anyway." I said looking through the papers giving each a quick scan. 

"your world? oOoo mystery lady has a mysterious origin." he said putting up his hands and making a weird motion.

"meh." I said going back to searching through my notes, alas nothing. "hey bill, can you help me with something real quick?" 

"what do I get in return?"

"is everything a deal with you?"

"yes." he said bluntly

"alright then." I paused thinking. "you can learn my name in return for you helping me with some notes about the people here noting that your all-seeing an' shit" 

"that's it? wow kid, your offers are low." 

"well considering you don't know anything about me I don't see the issue with it." I said crossing my arms.

"but you need this Information don't you?" he asked.

"nope. I don't actually, I just need help organizing my thoughts."

"and what makes you think I wont just forcefully get what I want out of you?"

"how? one, all my memories are locked and you seem to have trouble reading my thoughts. two, I don't have any connections here that you could threaten to do something to that I would willingly give you anything for." dipper says to be quick and creative to outsmart bill his guide, but what he doesn't mention (probably because he never had a successful deal.) is when making deals you have to be cold and witty. (also why didn't bill cross off his weaknesses with the sleepy-ink stuff in the guide anyway?)

bill sighed, clearly desperate to learn a thing or two. (and mildly outsmarted, wooo. how did I do that? ugh main character energy. gross. never mind, not wooo.) "fine." he held out his hand and I shook it after considering all possible loopholes in what I stated.

"pleasure doing business with ya, names Y/N"

"well Y/n, lets get to work." he said, summoning his own marker.

for the rest of my sleep we put together data of every character, we discussed motives for what they do and ways to get on their good sides, we joked around, calling each other dumb nicknames and trying to coming up with loopholes in the randomest of fake scenarios. it seemed like minutes had gone by when my figure started to fade. damnit. I was getting places.

"welp, your waking up now, just remember-" bill said while floating into the sky.

"Lemme guess: reality is a illusion, the universe is a hologram, buy gold?" I asked, he stopped floating up and his cipher wheel thingy paused and disappeared. 

"no-" he said only to get cut off again.

"how about: Nostradamus was a hack, morality is a mental cage designed by the weak, how's Annie?" I guessed

"no? where in the cosmos are you getting these things?"

"just a hunch." I said.

"anyway, check your left shoulder." he said bluntly, pointing at my shoulder.

"wait what?" I said fading like we did in stan's mind.

"you'll see~" he said teasingly, disappearing into a cipher wheel.

"BILL YOU FUCKER IF YOU WROTE ON ME I WILL-" I started only to get cut off by waking up.