chapter nineteen - in which I get brutally beaten at ping-pong by a triangle.

I immediately got thrown out of my now wooden body as I tumbled through the air I felt two arms between my armpits steady me then let go nearly as fast as I got thrown out. I turned around to see bill with (as close as he can get to) a wild smirk on his face.

"welp, now I know what to expect when you possess me." I said causally, taking off my mask then putting it back on to adjust it after being tumbled-dried on low heat through the man-cave.

"anyway, that dress looks gorgeous." bill said looking it up and down, taking in all the details of my (poor) craftsmanship.

"thanks I made it!" I said proudly, bill chuckled lightly clearly knowing that fact.

"its pretty symbolic if you ask me, its like it matches your whole personality in a nutshell" bill explained.

"I'm- not even going to ask, you just called my dress me in a nutshell, I'm not sure how to even respond to that." I sighed.

"well you just did." bill said looking around the room, spinning his whole body around with his hands behind his back in a judging matter, stopping his look-around when he spots something. "is that a ping-pong table?"

"uh- yeah? wanna play?" I ask walking over to it.

"its going to be a bit difficult considering this is the mindscape, but what ever." bill said summoning a paddle in both of our hands then summoning an eyeball in his.

"I'm going to be completely honest, I haven't played ping-pong since I was nine, I don't remember shit'" I said waving my paddle around in a up and down motion.

"its pretty simple, I serve and your whole goal is to get the ball over the net and past me." bill explained, he served then let me hit it and he stepped to the side, the ball flew over the net and bill completely which ended up with it hitting the wall, bill let out a chuckle.

"what? I did exactly what you said." I stated, crossing my arms over my chest.

"okay, your playing baseball right now. with ping-pong, the eyeball has to hit my table's side ONCE for it to be legal then it has to go over the side." bill explained, summoning a double of himself to show it in action.

"I thought you didn't like laws and rules?" I asked teasingly

"well, not every rule has to be broken yanno" bill shrugged, before moving his body to serve.

"mhm" I said, mimicking the position bill was in.

we started to play a match, to help me get used to it bill always served first, we played back and forth some times in which I nearly didn't loose, soon I had scored one point, bill then handed me the eyeball then taught me how to serve it, I threw it into the air then hit over to his side, we started to actually play the game normally, we had played about ten matches when we decided to finally end the game, at the end of it I had gotten one point. I gave a light cheer and bill cheered with me.

"woo! I didn't suck that badly!" I said with fake enthusiasm.

"yeah! I expected much worse from you!" bill joined it with the bit.

"exactly!" I said, we burst out into laugher. "okay but seriously I can believe I lost to a triangle."

"excuse me! I'm not just A TRIANGLE I'm the BEST triangle you'll ever meet." bill said defensively.

"your not wrong there, I've never met another triangle personally before" I said, shrugging.

"Damn right you haven't." bill fake snapped at me

"can we do something I'm good at now? like I don't know, planning world domination?" I said.

"yeah sure! I'm good at that too, so did you have any more ideas to add to the plan?" bill said, summoning a cup of tea for the both of us.

"yes but no, so you've noticed that set of numbers burnt into my arm correct?" I asked pointing to the arm it would be on, bill nodded. "well that was a prophecy, that I got a while back, and one of my biggest issues in my plan, the time paradox avoidance enforcement squadron... you've heard of them right?" bill let out an annoyed groan. "I'll take that as a 'yes', anyway despite having fallen from the sky out of nowhere, I think this prophecy gives me a free 'do what ever the fuck you want with no issues' card."

"and why do you think that?" bill queried.

"the line at the very end of the prophecy is 'in the end her word is law' and literally, that would mean I would get a high place of power to create laws, which isn't impossible, but if I'm thinking correctly it means that I'm such an important insert to the story of this universe they gave me practical control of it. of course I have to work for things like the equation an' shit but I don't have to worry about things that could screw me up completely like the time paradox avoidance enforcement squadron or getting my memory wiped by the blind eye." I paused to look at bill. "of course, that's just a theory."

"seems like you got things planned over there, on a side note, what do you mean by a humanized version of me? and fanart, what is that?" bill said, I let out a dark laugh in response.

"you see dearest cipher, fanart is art that is created by fans for their enjoyment or the enjoyment of other fans, its a two-sided coin really. it could be wholesome and cute, like a character holding a flower or it could be what we call NSWF, containing things like gore or even worse, adult content." bill looked terrified on that comment alone, but I wasn't done, curiosity killed the cat after all. "then there are other people who like to draw fanart who really like you as a character to the point of being a simp. in my world a simp is often a term used for somebody with a crush on a fiction or sometimes in rare cases, real life people. these simping fan artists realize, 'hey, I'm a human and bill is a triangle, that could never work out.' so they decide to draw you as a human. or in VERY VERY rare cases themself as a shape, I had a friend back home who did that once."

"I- I wish I never heard that."

"oh we all do bud, we all do." I said. "anyway hand me a piece of paper" I opened my hand up and bill summoned me a paper, I then drew bill sliding down a waterslide holding a gun. "see, this my dearest friend, is a form of fanart of the purest kind."

"I'm not sure how to feel about that."

"be amazed at my skills." I stated.

"yeah your righ- aw damnit your body is un-freezing from its wooden statue."

"damnit, well. see you whenever you summon me to the mindscape Mr. clingily cipher. " I said saluting then as I faded away I held up the peace sign. I soon woke up in a panic (without actually panicking, if that makes sense,) and walked out of man-cave to see chaos all around me.

awe I wanted at least a few more of those chocolate bite-sized thingies.

I slowly made my way out of the party and Mabel noticed me leave, she stared me down in a way I couldn't decipher and didn't say a word. maybe I have a chance at changing their beliefs on who is really the one in the prophecy.