chapter twenty - pretty much exactly what he seems.

"I am the god of destruction!" Mabel shouted from the rooftop of the mystery shack. launching a firework that could potentially start a forest fire. 

I crawled out from my bed (nearly tripping over some boxes that I'd been unpacking from my little space in the parlor), it was only a matter of time before ford came through the portal, after this I only have to wait for what, a month or so until weirdmageddon? the show never said and I don't own a calendar. oh well, screw it. I grabbed a filled plastic bag by my doorway then left my house and headed towards the mystery shack.

"hey got any fireworks for me?" I said shouting from below the shack, directing my voice towards Mabel.

"yeah! uh- y/n have a sparkler!" Mabel said, tossing me an un-lit sparkler, I lit it up using a lighter I had in my pocket (which as an arts and crafts project I labeled: 'I don't smoke I just like burning shit') I spun the sparkler around, tossing it a few times like a baton, then bowing as it blew out, Mabel and dipper then clapped at my little performance.

I stalled for a bit and waited for to police to come by before entering the gift shop. I walked towards the vending machine and punched in the code, I started my (albeit slow) descent into the basement.

 I sat down in the spinning chair by stan's desk and opened up my bag, inside was a copy of every single journal (as I had copied and stolen them while stan was sleeping in the basement), a sandwich, and bottled water.

I pulled out the copy of the journal one and got right to reading while I waited for the pines family to come down. over time I heard random bits of chatter:

"-well I can't argue with that-" 

I flipped a page reading ford's bio that he wrote in the first journal, scoffing at his narcissistic behavior when it comes to his smarts, jeez just cause you have 12 PhDs doesn't mean you have to brag about it. 

"-target secure take the house-"

while I flipped the pages I tried to cancel out the noise of the helicopters and the FBI agents breaking glass and busting through doors. those were FBI agents right? I forgot. I turned the page.

"-last night I was restacking the gift shop! I swear!-"

I closed the journal with a 'smack!' and got up slowly from the chair, I walked over to look at the portal. 

god, the show doesn't catch anything near to the amount of beauty this thing holds. like just look at those swirling shades of blue! it's gorgeous, it's a shame it's an interdimensional portal that's potentially dangerous. 

'your right.'

the fuck was that

'awe, come on y/n can you not recognize me?' 

ey, hello bill, finally found out how to break into my mind? also why not just make me fall asleep?

'no actually, your stupid mind-walls refuse to let me into your memories, but they were lowered enough to let me talk to you via your mind, and two, somebody would notice if you fell asleep'

I see, that makes a lot of sense. that was a sarcastic thought if you can't tell.

'yeah yeah, anyway have fun down here I'm going- is that the journals?'

Nah just a copy of them, I didn't want to steal the originals for too long, Stanley would notice they were missing. 

'I see...'

can you just like stay in my mind? reading it is boring. also, I like your sarcastic comments.

'awweee you do?'